Windows 10: Windows Store hangs when updating.

Discus and support Windows Store hangs when updating. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to download an app and I was told the Store would need to update. I agreed, but now I have a box which says "Updating Store... The Store will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jocko, May 6, 2017.

1. Jocko Win User

Windows Store hangs when updating.

I tried to download an app and I was told the Store would need to update.
    I agreed, but now I have a box which says "Updating Store... The Store will close. Wait a moment and you'll be able to reopen it. Thanks."
    I have waited several hours and it is still the same.

:)

Jocko, May 6, 2017
  2. ZenDC Win User

Windows 10 Apps in General are broken

Every time a windows app needs to be updated like mail/calendar as an example, the app fails to execute. I go to the store app to search for an app and the store app hangs. I go to settings, windows update & security, search for update, and that hangs.
    Is there any solution for all these apps hanging and failing to execute? Before any hardware questions - yes the PC can more than handle windows 10.

ZenDC, May 6, 2017
  3. Purd Win User
    .Net Native Runtime Package 1.1.23101.0

Same here repeat in loop

Today, thing get worse. When I open Store app, this update pop up again, and it is 0.2 MB, but it stuck and won't download. it make the store app to hang. I have to force quit it from Task Manager

After that, I Restart the store app, if air click Downloads and Updates, the store app hang with swirling hour glass. Again Inhave tonforcevquitvfrom Task Manager since the store app hang

When I restarted the store app, then search for an app, then click on it go go to the app page so Incan install it, the store app just hang with smiling hour glass

have to force quit because the store app hang

Very lousy quality control at Microsoft

Now the store app cannot do anything. Help please, how to fix this.

And more, I try to chat with Microsoft Tech staff to report this problem, I Amy in number 109 in the quest. No way I can wait that long

is there anyway to get attention and fix from Microsoft on this issue?

Purd, May 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi I've received a Store update today

Windows Store hangs when updating. [​IMG]

This morning a number of us found the Store was not responding (MS problem it seemed, message indicating we should wait and try again) and now (almost 6pm) the Store is functioning normally again.

It's possible a little patience may be needed- then check again.

However this indicates a build specific issue in this instance (Insider build):
    Windows Store does not work - Microsoft Community

What is your build number?
    (Windows key + R, winver).

dalchina, May 7, 2017
  5. Jocko Win User
    It is working fine for me now. Thanks.

Jocko, May 7, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Gosh.. a simple one! Good.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Store hangs when updating. - Similar Threads - Store hangs updating

2. Store hangs in installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store hangs in installation: Trying to use the Store for the first time but the application is not installing. It will hangs in the middle of the process the reset the entire loading. It will not install but unlike other issues it will not provide error code. It will just stop then do nothing. If there...
  3. Store hangs in installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store hangs in installation: Trying to use the Store for the first time but the application is not installing. It will hangs in the middle of the process the reset the entire loading. It will not install but unlike other issues it will not provide error code. It will just stop then do nothing. If there...
  4. Store hangs in installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  6. Update hangs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update hangs: Trying to install Windows update, it gets to 61% and hangs. Now i cannot get it to clear so i can try to reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-hangs/999316aa-19b2-4079-804b-8b67b090c163
  7. Updates hanging.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates hanging.: I`m well and truly SICK TO THE BACK TEETH of Windows 10 updates hanging.EVERY single month the cumulative updates HANG on installation, causing days of slow running computer.WHEN are Microsoft going to rectify this problem ??. WHY can`t you test the updates BEFORE releasing...
  8. Microsoft Store hanging, create user account hanging, Smartscreen hanging.. corrupt Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store hanging, create user account hanging, Smartscreen hanging.. corrupt Windows?: I got a computer from my brother that he gave up on because he ruined his video card. I swapped video card and it works great except.. This all started when I tried installing the Xbox app to play Xbox games on PC Game Pass. -The installer for this application freezes...
  9. Microsoft store apps hanging or just not updating or downloading

Microsoft store apps hanging or just not updating or downloading: Hello, Some Microsoft apps on my laptop are hanging while others are not updating. 1 app that I use that run into a problem is Game Bar. When I try to update it says, "App encountered a problem please reinstall it yo repair" When I try to open game bar nothing...
  10. store hangs

store hangs: Hi, I am new to this forum. I downloaded windows 10, the Microsoft store will not load and hangs. Suggestions on line have been windows logo key wsreset, windows logo x, command prompt sfc/scannow. After running wsreset the loading image does not show in Microsoft store and...