Windows 10: Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer

Discus and support Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says. The Windows Store icon has changed on two of my three computers. I assume it was tied to an update but afaict all three have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bru, Oct 30, 2017.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer

Like the title says. The Windows Store icon has changed on two of my three computers. I assume it was tied to an update but afaict all three have the same updates.

edit: I see the computer that the icon hasn't changed failed to install KB4032188, which did have issues it seems, but I assume the next cumulative update that did install contained what was in that one.

Windows 10 Microsoft Store Icon Changed!!! - YouTube

:)

2. Windows 10 Store icon reverts back to old icon

I just upgraded one of my computers to Windows 10 and everything was fine right afterwards but what I noticed is that after a while, the store icon(and the Groove icon too) reverts back to the old icon which is the one with your accent color as a background
    on the icon instead of a transparent background. Why did this happen and how would I fix it? It's not a major problem but just a little strange that my main PC has the new store icon while my other one did have the new one too but then changed back to the
    old one.

Nettlebane, Oct 30, 2017
  3. BJF_jr Win User
    Windows 10 start menu app icons wrong can't delete app.

I found out how to fix the icons and make the icons be correct.

Step 1) Open the start Menu.

Step 2) Go to the All Apps. Scroll and select the Programs Icon you want to change. You must change the program in the All Apps as any other way it does not work.

Step 3) right click on the program and select "open file location."

Step 4) In the File Explorer Window right click on the shortcut and select "properties."

Step 5) Click "Change Icon." Change the Icon to any other Icon than the one currently selected. Click apply.

Step 6) Re-select "Change Icon" and change the Icon to the correct one. After clicking apply the correct Icon should show up under All Apps and on any tiles you have pinned to the start menu.

At least this worked for me.

Now I have to figure out how to delete a tile that doesn't want to go and how to get the store working on another computer.

BJF_jr, Oct 30, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it's more that the Store (app) hasn't been updated. Apps are updated on a 4 hourly schedule by default, separately from Windows system files ('Windows updates').

Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer [​IMG]

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  5. BRU
    bru Win User
    Its been way more than four hours. Computer A and B updated days ago. Computer C has not. Computer C is on the most of them all.

How do I force the icon to change?

6. dalchina New Member
    That there's an update scan ever 4 hours doesn't mean it couldn't have been much longer ago that it changed.

Whilst you can create your own store shortcut by dragging it from the Start menu, this isn't likely to be much help to you.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  7. BRU
    bru Win User
    Hence my question as to why it hasn't updated. There is obviously something wrong. It "should" have easily updated on its own by now.

When you have three (really four but one isn't in use atm) computers configured exactly the same and two do what they are supposed to do its pretty logical imo to assume something is wrong with the the one that hasn't.

Something may not be configured right on the odd computer but darn if I can figure it out. An icon not changing isn't the biggest deal but what issue is it really telling me there is?

8. dalchina New Member

I see what you mean- what's your Store version?

(It took mine a while before it was updated compared to forum reports)

You could try a manual scan from within the Store app

Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer [​IMG]

And check the update list - you should see updates within the last day if updates are being applied.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  9. BRU
    bru Win User
    I have auto app updates disabled, maybe that's it? But I thought that was for apps within the store/on my computer. Not the store itself.

10. BRU
    bru Win User
    That was it. Updated the Store app and the icon changed immediately. I could swear I had app auto updates disabled on my other computers but I guess not. Thanks for the help.

11. dalchina New Member
    Great- glad it was easy. Note the Store tile is now 'dead'.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  12. BRU
    bru Win User
    Which tile? The one in Start (or whatever its called) works as does the taskbar shortcut.

13. dalchina New Member

Well.. you must have paid extra! Mine doesn't - it was ok before the update, and I've tried turning live tile on and off. I've seen others mention the same. Anyway.. I'm not too bothered!

dalchina, Oct 30, 2017
  14. BRU
    bru Win User
    I'll have to check the other computers. I don't even use the Windows Store, well maybe once or twice for apps, just wanted the icon to be right. I know some said they don't like it but I think its better than the old one.

Thema:

1. Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer - Similar Threads - Store Icon Changed

2. Windows 10 Store App Icons changing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store App Icons changing: I tried all the methods, and even I deleted my Windows profile and created a new one. With the new account profile the icons were right again, but only last one week. Then the icons started changing again. This is a bug. Please Microsoft, fix this annoying bug. I'm aware that...
  3. Is there a way to change a PDF icon to a custom one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to change a PDF icon to a custom one?: Is there a way to change a PDF icon to a custom one? I'm not talking about the PDF application, I'm talking about the files. I want to change every icon of every PDF file on my computer to a custom icon. Thanks in advance Default PDF file iconCustom Icon [ATTACH][IMG]...
  4. Is there a way to change one icon size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change one icon size?: [ATTACH] What I'm trying to accomplish: https://preview.redd.it/sk3vbsxmiig61.png?width=238&format=png&auto=webp&s=6417cef222678dd8c510c52a0afaa07f2603595a submitted by /u/AmNotFester [link] [comments]...
  5. One of my PC’s has two Store icons, the other one only one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my PC’s has two Store icons, the other one only one: On one pc there is a white and a black store icon. On my private pc (up to date) only the white store icon. How come? submitted by /u/ethreax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhbhmx/one_of_my_pcs_has_two_store_icons_the_other_one/
  6. icons move from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Support
    icons move from one computer to another: Hi guys, When I boot my laptop I get the icons from my desktop/tower computer on my laptop desktop. I delete them but on the next boot they come back. I think it's due to onedrive. I thought it had to do with syncing so I turned it off but still the same thing. I googled the...
  7. Changing icons on files stored on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing icons on files stored on USB: I have a set of files which will be copied to hundreds of flashdrives. I need to permanently change the icons on the original/master files, guaranteeing they'll look identical on each flashdrive. The answer has to be contained on the original flash drive which becomes the...
  8. Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the Icon on folders stored on USB: I am adding files to a master USB Flashdrive. I want to embed new icons into these files. (Not a properties change) I will clone/copy the master onto hundreds of flashdrives and the icons should be identical (or my instructions, "Look for X icon..." will not work). The answer...
  9. Changing Windows Store Apps icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Windows Store Apps icons: Hey folks, anybody knows, if it is currently possible to change the icons of the Apps from the Windows Store in the Windows Start Menu? Not talking about the ordinary shortcuts in the Start menu folders.. Maybe some tool like ResHacker exists? Thanks in advance....
  10. Windows Store Icon keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Icon keeps changing: Does anyone else have this store Icon? [img] 96685