Windows 10: Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware

Discus and support Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Wonder if somebody here can help as Microsoft Support have been useless. I've tried re-registering the Windows Store, creating a new user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brandscill, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware

Hi,

Wonder if somebody here can help as Microsoft Support have been useless. I've tried re-registering the Windows Store, creating a new user account, system restore and clearing the store cache - nothing works.

Quite simply the Windows Store cannot detect my processor architecture (64bit) or how much RAM I have (16GB) and this is preventing me installing many apps that stipulate these requirements.

Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware [​IMG]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

brandscill, Jun 1, 2017
  2. Mike B47 Win User

Cannot Play DVD's

I was recommended to go into Troubleshooting - Hardware and Devices and the results were:

Problem Found - Unknown Device doesn't have a Driver - Not Fixed.

I then ran Windows Media Library and the result was:

It is Corrupted - Detected

I then ran Windows Media Player Settings and the result was:

Configuration settings might be set incorrectly - Detected.

I also went in to Windows features and unchecked WMP box and restarted my Laptop.

I then ran Windows features again and checked the WMP box and restarted my Laptop.

I then ran 'sfc/scannow' and it showed no integrity problems.

After all this my Laptop won't play any of my DVD's. Bearing in mind I had no problems whilst running Windows 8.1, this has only happened since my free upgrade to Windows 10.

Can someone please help?

Mike B47, Jun 1, 2017
  3. C.Lum Win User
    HP Envy Laptop with HP Pavilion second monitor - upgrade to W10 not detecting second monitor

I am suspecting that after I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 that my laptop no longer detects a second display. Second monitor does not detect any signal and goes to sleep.

How do I get my second monitor to be detected by my laptop? I've already tried the following:

1. restart system

2. unplug and replugged

3. changed HDMI cable that connects second monitor to laptop

4. reinstalled NDIVIA drivers and other display drivers so they are apparently up to date.

Not sure what else to do unless if I installed incorrectly?????

C.Lum, Jun 1, 2017
  4. Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware

Check, if you are not missing any drivers via Driver Easy Free Driver Updater

Windows is a bit dumb, it detects hardware based on the model, not based the actual hardware.

TairikuOkami, Jun 2, 2017
  5. All done and no joy. Any other ideas?

brandscill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware

1. Windows Store incorrectly detecting Laptop Hardware - Similar Threads - Store incorrectly detecting

2. Couldnt detect hardware in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Couldnt detect hardware in microsoft store: I was updating my nvidia drivers when i got the message control panel not available it asked me to download it from the windows store. I was facing the issue quite back when i contacted dell tech support and they downgraded my driver to version from their site...
  3. Microsoft Store won't detect hardware

Microsoft Store won't detect hardware: How can i make microsoft store to detect my hardware, i tried to fix it by deleting my microsoft store cache and with powershell but neither one worked[ATTACH]...
  4. Microsoft Store says "Hardware not Detected"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store says "Hardware not Detected": So after seeing a messsage nvidia contol panel not found i decided to download it.Never used microsoft store ever. It says i dont have minimum required files but I do have them to my best knowledge. I have a Dell G5 15. [ATTACH]...
  5. MS Store will not detect hardware.

MS Store will not detect hardware.: MS Store will not detect my hardware, searches take far too long to return results, wsreset.exe does not work. This has been a reported issue since 2018. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Microsoft Store "Hardware Not detected"

Microsoft Store "Hardware Not detected": I wanted to install the NVIDIA control panel on my Dell G5 15 laptop and it says " Couldnt Detect Hardware" [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-hardware-not-detected/738edfa0-93b3-488a-8e84-c6485ef32d9b
  7. Microsoft store not detecting hardware is this a bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft store not detecting hardware is this a bug?: for some reason microsoft store cant detect my hardware it was working fine a month ago and my pc did not update... also evedence of this is i had minecraft installed even though the hardware was not detected but when i went to go install world of tanks blitz thats when the...
  8. Windows Store can't detect hardware

Windows Store can't detect hardware: What do I do? Windows store can't detect hardware and most apps can't get installed or take a huge time to download. I already have tried reseting Windows Store but it doesn't seem to work.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Store won't detect hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't detect hardware: I have been trying to download some games and other apps from the Microsoft Store but when I try to install the Applications I can't do it because the store doesn't detect my RAM or DirectX. I have tried resetting it by going into Settings -> Apps -> Microsoft Store ->...
  10. Microsoft store "Hardware not detected"

Microsoft store "Hardware not detected": When i tried to install minecraft for windows 10, the install icon was greyed out and where it said "Architecture" and "Memory" for both of them it said "You have: Couldn't detect hardware". Ive reset the application twice already to no avail. Are there any other fixes for...