Windows 10: Windows Store not Downloading Updates

Discus and support Windows Store not Downloading Updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 a few days back, and the Windows Store is the only thing giving me issues at the moment. It shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mayuri91, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Mayuri91 Win User

Windows Store not Downloading Updates

I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 a few days back, and the Windows Store is the only thing giving me issues at the moment.

It shows the Progress Bar of the download but frequently it just stays at 0.0MB / ???? MB downloaded for the apps and doesn't move at all. I tried to clear the Windows Store Cache even the command prompt of sfc/scannow (sfc/scannow says no integrity violation) but still there was no progress.

I tried googling for answers but none to avail as most of it are for windows 8.1. So if have any tips to solve it, it will be much appreciated. Thanks

:)

Mayuri91, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 store updates not downloading, new store apps not downloading

I'm having problems with the windows store as well. I really hope the store gets fixed sometime soon because it's seriously flawed. I'm trying to play games through it, I managed to download Forza Apex but now I cannot download anything at all in the store.
    No games or apps. It just says starting download and is stuck like that. I've tried rebooting, clearing store cache, troubleshooting windows update, bits and apps, nothing is working. I reset my pc last night and the store was working for a short time. I managed
    to download Forza then, now it's just as it was before. Very frustrating. I want to be able to play all the Xbox one games on the store and more that are coming in the future but if this is the kind of experience I'm going to have I'll just stay clear and
    only play on Steam and Origin. Microsoft seriously needs to get this fixed or it's going to fail like GFWL.
    Windows Store not Downloading Updates [​IMG]

FreddyTaplin, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 store updates not downloading, new store apps not downloading

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we will assist you to solve this issue.

1) Are you able to perform other Internet related work on your computer?

2) Are you getting any error message?

3) Are you using the proxy settings to connect to the Internet?

4) What was the recent change made to the computer prior to this issue?

5) Are you using any third party security program in the computer?

This problem may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• If the Windows Update database is corrupted.
    • If the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service does not receive a content link header.
    • If a required system file is registered incorrectly.
    Method 1: Disable Proxy Connections.

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check if you are able to connect to Windows Store.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

A. Click the “Tools” button at the top right corner of the Internet Explorer, and then click “Internet Options”.

B. Click the “Connections” tab, and then click “LAN settings”.

C. Uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.

D. Click “Apply” and “Ok” to save changes.

Method 2:
    if you have installed 3rd party security application I would also suggest you to temporarily disable it and check if it helps.

Anti Virus Disclaimer
    :
    Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

When you disable Antivirus:

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Windows Store not Downloading Updates

Got the same problem and tried already several solutions, which are mostly applicable for Windows 8/8.1 btw.

- Troubleshooter doesn't find anything wrong
    - Did delete several times the SoftwareDistribution-folder, after disabling the services (BITS, CryptSvc and Wuauserv) and enabling again
    - Disabled some services via msconfig and restarted, but also that didn't help.
    - Did even uninstall all McAfee-software (which was crap anyway)

Vinokourov, Jul 31, 2015
  5. -edit: whoops, double post

Vinokourov, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store not Downloading Updates

1. Windows Store not Downloading Updates - Similar Threads - Store Downloading Updates

2. Windows/Microsoft Store not updating/downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/Microsoft Store not updating/downloading: My windows update don't show anything but pending and my Microsoft Stores updates and downloads only show pending or occasionally says it's downloading however after a few hours it either doesn't download. Even the smallest of apps don't download and most of the time shows an...
  3. Windows 10 store downloads and windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 store downloads and windows updates: I can not download anything from the Windows store. I do not get any error message, it says starting download (for an hour now) but nothing happens. I'm on the internet ans can download using my browser. I decided to go to windows updates and see if I could check for up dates...
  4. Windows Update & download from store

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Update & download from store: Hi, neither can I update my system nor am I able to download anything from the windows store. While updating he system: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for...
  5. Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.

Windows Update and Windows Store will not download updates.: I bought an Asus laptop in March and proceeded to install drivers and updates as needed for the hardware. Unfortunately I am unable to download anything from the Windows Update Tool and I cannot download any apps or update anything from the Windows update store. I've been to...
  6. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download: I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get...
  7. Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update and Windows Store not able to update/download: I'm at a complete loss with this one. My system randomly stopped being able to access Windows Update, or download/update ANY apps from the Windows store whatsoever. I've also lost the ability to play Forza Horizon 4 as a result. If I try to manually check for updates, I get...
  8. Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working

Windows Update and Windows store downloads not working: It started a week or so after I updated to windows 1809. I've tried almost everything including clearing windows update cache and even resetted the laptop fully but it didn't fix it. Please help....
  9. Windows 10 Store not Downloading or updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Store not Downloading or updating: I get error code 0x80071AC3 when I try to download or update. I have currently 4 apps waiting. Tried resetting Store as administrator and also removing and reinstalling Store. No change. Facebook however DID update today! 87428
  10. Store apps will not download or update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps will not download or update: Yet again I am unable to download or update apps from the Store. I now have fourteen pending or otherwise stuck. In the past I have solved this by turning the Windows Firewall (managed by Norton) back on temporarily but this time it is already on. I have tried resetting the...