Windows 10: Windows Store not downloading

Discus and support Windows Store not downloading in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I noticed that windows store is really slow for me. I don't know why this is. Is my internet speed really bad, or maybe it's because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheStrangeTeste, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Windows Store not downloading

Hello everyone. I noticed that windows store is really slow for me. I don't know why this is. Is my internet speed really bad, or maybe it's because I'm using metered connection. And yes, I do have a metered connection for real, not just for blocking updates. But the store is really slow. It takes a really long time just to get out of the Starting Download part?

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Nov 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 store updates not downloading, new store apps not downloading

I'm having problems with the windows store as well. I really hope the store gets fixed sometime soon because it's seriously flawed. I'm trying to play games through it, I managed to download Forza Apex but now I cannot download anything at all in the store.
    No games or apps. It just says starting download and is stuck like that. I've tried rebooting, clearing store cache, troubleshooting windows update, bits and apps, nothing is working. I reset my pc last night and the store was working for a short time. I managed
    to download Forza then, now it's just as it was before. Very frustrating. I want to be able to play all the Xbox one games on the store and more that are coming in the future but if this is the kind of experience I'm going to have I'll just stay clear and
    only play on Steam and Origin. Microsoft seriously needs to get this fixed or it's going to fail like GFWL.
    Windows Store not downloading [​IMG]

FreddyTaplin, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 store updates not downloading, new store apps not downloading

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we will assist you to solve this issue.

1) Are you able to perform other Internet related work on your computer?

2) Are you getting any error message?

3) Are you using the proxy settings to connect to the Internet?

4) What was the recent change made to the computer prior to this issue?

5) Are you using any third party security program in the computer?

This problem may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• If the Windows Update database is corrupted.
    • If the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) service does not receive a content link header.
    • If a required system file is registered incorrectly.
    Method 1: Disable Proxy Connections.

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check if you are able to connect to Windows Store.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

A. Click the “Tools” button at the top right corner of the Internet Explorer, and then click “Internet Options”.

B. Click the “Connections” tab, and then click “LAN settings”.

C. Uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.

D. Click “Apply” and “Ok” to save changes.

Method 2:
    if you have installed 3rd party security application I would also suggest you to temporarily disable it and check if it helps.

Anti Virus Disclaimer
    :
    Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

When you disable Antivirus:

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 11, 2016
Thema:

Windows Store not downloading

1. Windows Store not downloading - Similar Threads - Store downloading

2. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...
  3. Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fallout 76 Game from Microsoft Store Download Failure: I received a product code from Amazon Prime for the Fallout 76 game in the Microsoft Store. I went to the Microsoft Store and redeemed the code to purchase the game for $0.00. I then clicked on Download and nothing happened. I clicked repeatedly, and nothing happened. I have...
  4. Downloading on microsoft store stuck on white screen.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading on microsoft store stuck on white screen.: Tried clearing cache restarting my computer and troubleshooters but none worked. It initially said "Just a moment" and then it went white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-on-microsoft-store-stuck-on-white/0ef3fbef-fbe1-48df-ba68-f0b251b434ce
  5. Downloading on microsoft store stuck on white screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading on microsoft store stuck on white screen.: Tried clearing cache restarting my computer and troubleshooters but none worked. It initially said "Just a moment" and then it went white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-on-microsoft-store-stuck-on-white/0ef3fbef-fbe1-48df-ba68-f0b251b434ce
  6. Downloading on microsoft store stuck on white screen.

7. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  8. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.: I tried updating one of my games Roblox after a long time and it said "an error occurred on our side ." showing the retry button. I tried downloading another random app and then another and realized that there is some problem with the store or my pc. I tried following...
  9. Microsoft store not downloading or updating anything at all.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.: Went through every possible way to fix the Microsoft store. Just to be clear heres a list of troubleshooting that has NOT worked to fix my issue. 1. I recommend temporarily uninstalling or disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software you may have installed. These...