Windows 10: Windows store slows down/freeze whole PC while downloading an app

Discus and support Windows store slows down/freeze whole PC while downloading an app in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When downloading any of the game pass games on PC the windows store slows down the rest of my pc to a crawl and has frozen it on multiple occasions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by InFlamesForEver, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Windows store slows down/freeze whole PC while downloading an app

When downloading any of the game pass games on PC the windows store slows down the rest of my pc to a crawl and has frozen it on multiple occasions.

I've tried wsreset and that didn't fix it. The windows troubleshooter finds no issues.

My hypothesis is that somethings got corrupted during the download because I assumed the software worked and initiated multiple downloads at once like I would on steam. Is there a way to get into the app folders and delete things to test this? I've tried taking ownership of the files as that used to work but that doesn't seem to let me access the folders anymore.

:)

InFlamesForEver, Jul 21, 2018

2. App downloads stucked in windows store

Hello,

Resetting the Windows Store cache can fix the following issues:

• Store freezing up
    • Store being slow or unresponsive
    • Display issues with apps on main screen
    • App counts, including free and paid apps
    If you are still facing this issue, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Command prompt (admin).

• Enter the below commands one by one and hit Enter key. These commands will check and repair if there are any corrupted Windows files

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Hope this helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 21, 2018
  3. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Mary Sau Win User

Windows store slows down/freeze whole PC while downloading an app

Windows Store is being very slow with the downloading and updating?

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Are you using a wireless, or wired Internet connection?
    • How many apps are you trying to download and update at the same?

In the meantime, you can perform the steps provided by Isha Soni on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows store slows down/freeze whole PC while downloading an app

1. Windows store slows down/freeze whole PC while downloading an app - Similar Threads - store slows down

2. Slow PC Xbox Store/Windows Store download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow PC Xbox Store/Windows Store download: So I'm not really sure how to classify this post. I owned Forza Horizon 5 and had it installed for awhile, one of my drives got corrupted so I'm having to reinstall it as of currently Forza was installed on my D: Drive, in the process of reinstalling onto my E: drive. The...
  3. Slow PC Xbox Store/Windows Store download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Slow PC Xbox Store/Windows Store download: So I'm not really sure how to classify this post. I owned Forza Horizon 5 and had it installed for awhile, one of my drives got corrupted so I'm having to reinstall it as of currently Forza was installed on my D: Drive, in the process of reinstalling onto my E: drive. The...
  4. Slow PC Xbox Store/Windows Store download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows store app downloading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows store app downloading slow: My store app is downloading the Xbox app slow, not sure why and it keeps downloading the phone app even though I cancel the download. The download hasn't gone past 11mbps since being started last night 11pm est....
  6. windows store app downloading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows store app downloading slow: My store app is downloading the Xbox app slow, not sure why and it keeps downloading the phone app even though I cancel the download. The download hasn't gone past 11mbps since being started last night 11pm est....
  7. Windows store downloads apps slow

Windows store downloads apps slow: I am on a Windows 21H1 Windows 10, whenever I try to install or update an app, it takes at least 3-4 hours for Windows store to do the same. I have tried the windows .NET repair toll but it didn't work. Internet speed is also good. Is there any way to speed up the downloads...
  8. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing: Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to...
  9. Microsoft Store download slows down to nothing

Microsoft Store download slows down to nothing: Over the past 2 months I've had an issue with my Microsoft store Downloads. When the download starts it has a reasonable speed but slowly degrades to downloading nothing at all. I've tried many of the solutions across the forum for "Slow downloads" but have not had any of...
  10. Windows 10 Store slowing down the internet of the whole HOUSE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Store slowing down the internet of the whole HOUSE!: As soon as I start downloading anything from the windows store,in this case its Forza Horizon 3 and GeOW4 Preload,The whole house's internet speed stoops to 400kbs from 54mbps? Im using a PC here. anything I can do to solve this? OS:Windows 10 Pro 64bit Thanks 66465