Windows 10: Windows Store - Temporary download folder?

Discus and support Windows Store - Temporary download folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey, i just upgraded to windows 10 and having some problems right now with the windows store and the default save location. Windows 10 is installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tronico, Mar 4, 2016.

1. tronico Win User

Windows Store - Temporary download folder?

hey,

i just upgraded to windows 10 and having some problems right now with the windows store and the default save location. Windows 10 is installed on my SSD drive "C:". but its only a 64 gb SSD so i wanted to install all apps to my 1 TB HDD "D:".

i went into system settings -> storage -> "new apps will save to" and changed it to my "D:" drive

now when i start downloading the app (its 50 gb) it seems like its still using some temporary folder on my "C:" drive because it fills up pertty fast and im getting the message that i dont have enough storage. is there any way i can fix this? there is no way i can clean up 50gb on my SSD.. windows alone is using like 40gb of it

:)

tronico, Mar 4, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Temporary Downloads Folder

1. There is no Temporary Downloads folder in Windows 10, your browser sets where your downloads are stored - accessible through settings in your browser. Temporary files created during the download are also stored there, which is typically c/users/name/downloads
    unless moved by the user

2. This folder is accessible on all computers through %UserProfile%\Downloads

3. Windows 10 Updates and installers are stored in C:\WIndows~WS, C:\Windows~BT and C:\ESD before the ISO is created

4. %Temp% will bring you to the users temporary folder where temporary files your applications create are stored, not temporary downloads - though when you donwload software and install it, the installation files are stored there while the installer is loading,
    but are normally deleted by the installer upon completion

If this does not answer your question, please explain exactly what files you are looking for and I will direct you to where they get stored . . .

DaveM121, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Webwader Win User
    Temporary Internet File conflict

I downloaded it from the Store

It was a free download

The message in the troubleshooter app stated "The location where temporary Internet files are stored has changed. Resetting this to default may resolve some Windows Store issues, would you like to reset this to default?

I also have Microsoft Mahjong and it has no issues with the temporary file location that Outlook uses.

Webwader, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows Store - Temporary download folder?

1. Windows Store - Temporary download folder? - Similar Threads - Store Temporary download

2. Windows Store Download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Download location: I am trying to change the download location of the windows store downloads, I have located how to do this but I am returned with this http://prntscr.com/o793ew ,where I don't really want to delete anything from my drive is there any way around this? (the drive is my...
  3. Download windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download windows store: Hi, Is there a way to download windows store? I tried to reinstall it, but it's not there on my pc I've been having this problem for almost a year and I really don't want to format my pc thank you...
  4. Windows Store Not Downloading

Windows Store Not Downloading: When I purchased Forza Horizon 4 ultimate edition, the windows store won't download the whole game. When I try to download it, only 4.34MB download. I could play and download Forza Horizon 3, and I am very well within the system requirements. Any solutions, or am I stuck with...
  5. Windows Store Download Stops

Windows Store Download Stops: I am trying to download Forza Horizon 4 and the download stops at 2.2-2.3 GB. I have restarted cleared the cache and a couple of other tips I found online. Any help would be appreciated....
  6. Download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder: Hello, My download folder had about 30 g of media in it and now it is empty. Boom, just like that. Doing a search for the files results in nothing found. Where did they go? How do I get them back?...
  7. Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store: Hi, 1. This is a child account & whenever I sign in I receive the message that its logged in with a temporary account. it asks me to sign out and sign in again to fix the issue but it does not. The adults' account seems to be fine with no problems. 2. The Microsoft store...
  8. Windows Store not Downloading Updates

Windows Store not Downloading Updates: I just upgraded my OS to Windows 10 from 8.1 a few days back, and the Windows Store is the only thing giving me issues at the moment. It shows the Progress Bar of the download but frequently it just stays at 0.0MB / ???? MB downloaded for the apps and doesn't move at all....
  9. Windows Store not downloading

Windows Store not downloading: Hello everyone. I noticed that windows store is really slow for me. I don't know why this is. Is my internet speed really bad, or maybe it's because I'm using metered connection. And yes, I do have a metered connection for real, not just for blocking updates. But the store is...
  10. Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder: Recently, based upon advice I read on another site, I moved the location of the system temporary folder from my SSD to my HDD. Now, I have empty temporary folders (at least they start with Temp) appearing outside the system temporary folder. Here's a screenshot: [img]...