Windows 10: Windows Store - Temporary download folder?

Discus and support Windows Store - Temporary download folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey, i just upgraded to windows 10 and having some problems right now with the windows store and the default save location. Windows 10 is installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tronico, Mar 4, 2016.

1. tronico Win User

Windows Store - Temporary download folder?

hey,

i just upgraded to windows 10 and having some problems right now with the windows store and the default save location. Windows 10 is installed on my SSD drive "C:". but its only a 64 gb SSD so i wanted to install all apps to my 1 TB HDD "D:".

i went into system settings -> storage -> "new apps will save to" and changed it to my "D:" drive

now when i start downloading the app (its 50 gb) it seems like its still using some temporary folder on my "C:" drive because it fills up pertty fast and im getting the message that i dont have enough storage. is there any way i can fix this? there is no way i can clean up 50gb on my SSD.. windows alone is using like 40gb of it

:)

tronico, Mar 4, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Temporary Downloads Folder

1. There is no Temporary Downloads folder in Windows 10, your browser sets where your downloads are stored - accessible through settings in your browser. Temporary files created during the download are also stored there, which is typically c/users/name/downloads
    unless moved by the user

2. This folder is accessible on all computers through %UserProfile%\Downloads

3. Windows 10 Updates and installers are stored in C:\WIndows~WS, C:\Windows~BT and C:\ESD before the ISO is created

4. %Temp% will bring you to the users temporary folder where temporary files your applications create are stored, not temporary downloads - though when you donwload software and install it, the installation files are stored there while the installer is loading,
    but are normally deleted by the installer upon completion

If this does not answer your question, please explain exactly what files you are looking for and I will direct you to where they get stored . . .

DaveM121, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Webwader Win User
    Temporary Internet File conflict

I downloaded it from the Store

It was a free download

The message in the troubleshooter app stated "The location where temporary Internet files are stored has changed. Resetting this to default may resolve some Windows Store issues, would you like to reset this to default?

I also have Microsoft Mahjong and it has no issues with the temporary file location that Outlook uses.

Webwader, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Windows Store - Temporary download folder?

1. Windows Store - Temporary download folder? - Similar Threads - Store Temporary download

2. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  3. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  4. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft store downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store downloads folder: Where do I find the .exe file location in my pc after it has been download from the Microsoft store? How do I share a file downloaded from Microsoft store to other device?...
  6. Microsoft store downloads folder

Microsoft store downloads folder: Where do I find the .exe file location in my pc after it has been download from the Microsoft store? How do I share a file downloaded from Microsoft store to other device?...
  7. Temporary download file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary download file: Hi, as you can probably tell I was wondering if deleting my temporary downloads files is safe? I have built up over 100gb and really need space on the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-download-file/4c208b4e-35d9-44b4-a50f-cf76c78f6845
  8. Temporary download file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary download file: Hi, as you can probably tell I was wondering if deleting my temporary downloads files is safe? I have built up over 100gb and really need space on the drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-download-file/4c208b4e-35d9-44b4-a50f-cf76c78f6845
  9. Temporary download file

10. Strange files in the temporary folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange files in the temporary folder?: When I had just saved a file, I noticed an extremely large number of strange files in the Temporary File folder. They all have only one strange number/character combination and often no content at all. Many of them were also called mat-Debug and then a number. What is that?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after running app trouble shooter i get the tempory folder location has changed error