Windows 10: [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C

Discus and support [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello everyone i having issue with windows store app that not updating 0x080073B0C update failed please try again wondering if anyone else using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by slyphnier, Sep 25, 2015.

1. slyphnier Win User

[Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C

hello everyone

i having issue with windows store app that not updating 0x080073B0C update failed please try again
    wondering if anyone else using that apps having similar issue or not

i already tried uninstall the app, which cause me stuck, because i cant install it anymore
    i also already tried wsreset, not working

i disable few stuff... tried turn back on but nothing working...
    turn on back location/position function to on (i disabled it)
    also in local group policy , i set back to allow microsoft account (i set to block sign-in because i dont want to login)

i read that there is another method that stop windows update service
    then move/rename softwaredistribution... so windows update make new fresh directory
    i havent tried it, because it seems there is something wrong with the app itself and if possible i dont want to messing with system files

:)

slyphnier, Sep 25, 2015
  2. KenBlad Win User

Windows store universal app error message.

I just did a clean install with windows 10 home edition 64bit and have the same problem with the Weather Channel app from the store with this message.

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073B0C: The Weather Channel.

I tried both suggestions and still no luck.

KenBlad, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Weather App

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Weather app

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If it doesn't work, switch to the Weather channel app instead:

Get The Weather Channel - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/the-wea...

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2015
  4. PJLLB Win User

I'm seeing the same error when I try to just install the Weather Channel app. Something is wrong at the Store end or with the app itself.

PJLLB, Sep 25, 2015
  5. thanks PJLLB
    that is exactly the issue it is on the other end

njnitehawk, Sep 27, 2015
  6. I am also getting that error when trying to update this app. (Running on Build 10547)

garyowhere, Sep 29, 2015
  7. slyphnier Win User
    i already tried contacting support in Feedback and Helpdesk
    but so far no response yet, even there no confirmation email

maybe leaving 1star review on window-store is better to wake support
    we can change the review after things get fixed anyway

slyphnier, Sep 29, 2015
  8. [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C

Having the same problem. It's due to the app moving to the new Universal App format I believe.

possom2009, Sep 29, 2015
  9. Daverk Win User
    I am having the same issue with Weather Channel app on my laptop using Windows 10. no problem with any other apps so far

Daverk, Sep 29, 2015
  10. yep i too was getting a error when trying to install the weather channel app. However i didnt see any way to report it other than insider feedback(maybe?)

Matt Siegel, Sep 29, 2015
  11. JoeShades Win User
    Yes, also there was an update to the Store today and now most Apps crash when i try to open them, the windows store has been and still is a complete mess

JoeShades, Sep 29, 2015
  12. Torquemada, Sep 30, 2015
  13. [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C

possom2009, Sep 30, 2015
  14. Have you tried installing Weather Channel now ?
    Worked for me this morning.

[Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C [​IMG]

Torquemada, Sep 30, 2015
  15. Ok, now its telling me my trial period has ended, visit store to buy full app.

[Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C [​IMG]

possom2009, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. [Windows Store]The Weather Channel app failed to update 0x080073B0C - Similar Threads - Store Weather Channel

2. The Weather Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Weather Channel: I cannot make videos to play on The Weather Channel. When I click on a video it goes black and has an error code 101102. I bought premium and this is frustrating. The Weather Channel is the only site that this happens on. I've done everything that has been suggested.Does...
  3. The Weather Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Weather Channel: I cannot make videos to play on The Weather Channel. When I click on a video it goes black and has an error code 101102. I bought premium and this is frustrating. The Weather Channel is the only site that this happens on. I've done everything that has been suggested.Does...
  4. The Weather Channel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Weather Channel Premium Upgrade

Weather Channel Premium Upgrade: I installed the premium upgrade and it worked fine... Had a problem with my iPhone and was sent a replacement... when I transferred the data from my old iphone to my new iphone my weather app was the standard version not the Premium version. How do I get the Premium version...
  6. weather channel

weather channel: for the last 5 days i can not get any data from the weater channel .the one from microsoft store is it me or all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-channel/1cc31b69-3a76-4dca-94f7-c8ab41814134
  7. The Weather Channel app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Weather Channel app: I want to download The Weather Channel app but it is no longer in the Microsoft Store. Where can I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-weather-channel-app/7bcfcf6e-2ef8-41ae-9496-8fc08ced4f4e
  8. The Weather Channel App update Available in Store

The Weather Channel App update Available in Store: The Weather Channel App Update Available in Store Version 2016.614.69.0 53352
  9. Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch

Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Store,Weather, etc) fail to launch: Not a single Windows 10 App works (store Mail Weather Goove etc.) Every attempt is followed by this in Event Viewer for System: The server microsoft.windowslive.mail did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. and for Applications: Activation of app...
  10. The weather channel app 0x80073B0C error.

The weather channel app 0x80073B0C error.: Any one else having this problem? Started around the 25th or 26th. Some of the commenters on the app page seem to have the same problem. What exactly is the 0x80073B0C error? 24558