Windows 10: Windows store Weather app (No way to get it work!!!)

Discus and support Windows store Weather app (No way to get it work!!!) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This app was working perfectly fine even after the last update. from last night it suddenly stopped working and there is no way I can get it to work!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rezpower, Nov 19, 2017.

1. rezpower Win User

Windows store Weather app (No way to get it work!!!)

This app was working perfectly fine even after the last update. from last night it suddenly stopped working and there is no way I can get it to work! When I click on it I get a message saying: "This app can't open" Check the windows store.
    So I went to windows store and chose to reinstall. still same problem. I uninstalled it and reinstalled again from store. Same problem again. and I run this:
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *BingWeather*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

still the same! any one having this problem or know a fix for it?

:)

rezpower, Nov 19, 2017

2. Weather App in Windows 10 - Where is the refresh option???

i can't even get my weather app to work since last windows upgrade, also cannot get to the feedback section i just get that stupid spinning dots in weather app, feedback and microsoft store, how do i get it all working again

JonMcCutcheon, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Weather App

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Weather app

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If it doesn't work, switch to the Weather channel app instead:

Get The Weather Channel - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/the-wea...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 19, 2017
  5. rezpower Win User
    Thanks a lot Brink, I forgot to mention that I did that too. with no success of course! tried again and same thing *Sad

rezpower, Nov 19, 2017
  6. rezpower Win User
    A little update: I reseted the windows store app with wsreset and the problem is still persisting. To check that windows store is working correctly, I installed another app with it and all went ok. There seem to be a corrupted remain from the msn weather app that is causing the problem. If I uninstall it and re-install from store it works perfect and after install I get a message that there is a problem with the app and I should re-install to fix it. But if I re-install (choose to re-install with out first un-installing) Then the store will show: Downloading, checking file, ALMOST THERE and nothing happens even if I wait for hours.

rezpower, Nov 20, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 20, 2017
  8. rezpower Win User

Yeah this is what I am afraid I would do. Still everything seems to work perfect SFC scan gives no error DISM tool also finds now problem.
    Weather app is really not worth the hassle, only if I was sure this is the only problem!

rezpower, Nov 20, 2017
  9. Macco26 Win User
    I am facing the very same situation with MSN Weather on my FCU install. Both accounts (Admin + Standard) got the app stopped working and in the one where I unistalled it I am in the same scenario of "re-install, almost done, etc.".
    There is a thread at microsoft support HERE where people are trying to solve the same (last post is of yesterday). As soon as someone discover the trick, let all us know.. *Wink

Macco26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows store Weather app (No way to get it work!!!) - Similar Threads - store Weather app

2. Windows 10 weather app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 weather app not working: Hi, recently I started getting daily weather notifications, so I decided to use the app again and upon opening it, nothing loads. Every menu apart from Favourites and Settings has a blank screen and nothing else image provided. The daily notification and the live tile work...
  3. Windows 10 weather app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 weather app not working: Hi, recently I started getting daily weather notifications, so I decided to use the app again and upon opening it, nothing loads. Every menu apart from Favourites and Settings has a blank screen and nothing else image provided. The daily notification and the live tile work...
  4. Weather app is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather app is not working: Hello, the MSN Weather app is not working. I have tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling the app.Best,Manuel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-is-not-working/4d519abd-a918-46ce-8ebf-a62ec1885b7e
  5. Weather app is not working

Weather app is not working: Hello, the MSN Weather app is not working. I have tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling the app.Best,Manuel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-is-not-working/4d519abd-a918-46ce-8ebf-a62ec1885b7e
  6. Weather App not working in Windows 11

Weather App not working in Windows 11: I don't know when it started but when I checked the weather app today, the window is blank. Is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-not-working-in-windows-11/a6529c12-b48c-46c5-8a14-f27aab9d1a0c
  7. Weather App not working in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App not working in Windows 11: I don't know when it started but when I checked the weather app today, the window is blank. Is there a way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-app-not-working-in-windows-11/a6529c12-b48c-46c5-8a14-f27aab9d1a0c
  8. Weather App Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather App Not Working: Tried resetting Weather app but didn't work. After uninstalling the app, I found that the Windows Weather App IS NOT available from the Microsoft APP Store. For the time being, I have downloaded and install MSN Weather.However, I really would like to download and install the...
  9. Weather App Not Working

Weather App Not Working: Tried resetting Weather app but didn't work. After uninstalling the app, I found that the Windows Weather App IS NOT available from the Microsoft APP Store. For the time being, I have downloaded and install MSN Weather.However, I really would like to download and install the...
  10. Weather radar apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather radar apps not working: A few months ago my weather radar apps stopped functioning correctly. I was using MyRadar which worked great. Now the app loads just fine, but it's like the data connection cuts out. The base map won't load beyond the the default view and the actual radar data never loads....