Windows 10: Windows Store Won't Open

Discus and support Windows Store Won't Open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows store won't open and I can't fix it. I have tried to do the re-register power shell thingy it always pops up some kind of error message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017.

1. AUTiger1 Win User

Windows Store Won't Open

My windows store won't open and I can't fix it. I have tried to do the re-register power shell thingy it always pops up some kind of error message.

I even tried doing it manually and still get an error message.

I tried to do the basic troubleshooter and get this error.

Windows Store Won't Open [​IMG]

My date and time is correct. I also tried to delete the info in the localcache folder and again, nothing.

:)

AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017
  2. NicoleEpp Win User

Windows 10 store and apps won't open

I just downloaded windows 10 and the store or apps won't open. The store app just blinks for a second, and the rest of the apps (photo, email etc), says it can't open and go to the store.....which won't open.

NicoleEpp, Aug 29, 2017
  3. JonReams Win User
    Problem with microsoft apps

Windows store still WON'T OPEN (and the Icon doesn't show anymore)

Calculator WON'T OPEN

Microsoft Solitare Collection WON'T OPEN

windows image viewer WON'T WORK

Voice Recorder WON'T OPEN

When I click on an icon (or where the icon should be) the app opens for a second or two then closes again.

JonReams, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User
  5. AUTiger1 Win User
    I tried to do the DISM but it went to 4.5% and stopped with Error: 5 "access is denied."

Currently doing a sfc /scannow.

AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017
  6. AUTiger1 Win User
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

So I guess that means it's good.

AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    Sorry to say that's not good. Sfc uses the image to fix the system. Which antivirus do you use?

Tony K, Aug 29, 2017
  8. AUTiger1 Win User

Windows Store Won't Open

I just discovered another problem, I can access my settings just fine until I click on "update & security" and then it acts like it's going to pull up that page but then exits out. I've tried it numerous times, even after a restart and still have the same problem. Still having the windows store doing the exact same thing. I was trying to get to advanced windows start up options but this ain't letting me do it this way.

AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017
  9. AUTiger1 Win User
    I don't have an antivirus program on my computer. I just make sure I constantly check on things with programs like MalwareBytes, ect.

I just decided to try to reset the PC. We'll see how that goes.

BTW, this is my other laptop, the one I don't use a whole lot. The one you helped me with before is running perfectly. Better than the day I bought it. Thanks so much on that.

AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome and glad to see your other lappy is running good.

Hopefully you don't have a virus. You should run an AV. I use Defender. Have no problems.

In light that you may have a virus, you may want to consider a clean install and start all over. A PITA I know, but then you'll know what you have. Like a new car vs a used one.

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Tony K, Aug 29, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    @AUTiger1

Whatever you decide, make sure you back up your files.

Tony K, Aug 29, 2017
  12. AUTiger1 Win User
    The reset PC feature seems to have done the trick. I can now use Windows store and downloads seem to be working.

AUTiger1, Aug 29, 2017
  13. Tony K Win User

Windows Store Won't Open

Very cool! *Thumbs

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Store Won't Open

1. Windows Store Won't Open - Similar Threads - Store Won't Open

2. Windows Store Won't Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Won't Open: My Windows Store will not open. It will pull up the window like it's going to start loading, but then close immediately and not do anything. I've reset, uninstalled, reinstalled even through PowerSell, checked my time and region settings, but nothing is working. I can't find...
  3. Windows store won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store won't open: trying to take my laptop out of S mode and the 'get' button was showing grey. After a Google search I decided to reset the store. It now won't open no matter how hard I try and delve in to the inner files of this thing. Any help appreciated bearing in mind I can't download...
  4. Windows store won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store won't open: trying to take my laptop out of S mode and the 'get' button was showing grey. After a Google search I decided to reset the store. It now won't open no matter how hard I try and delve in to the inner files of this thing. Any help appreciated bearing in mind I can't download...
  5. Windows Store won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store won't open.: I have a lovely new PC. Everything is running beautifully, except that the Windows Store tile is greyed out and does nothing when clicked. I have, in settings, reset it. I have even used the 'wsreset.exe' in the Run box, but it made no difference. Has anyone any ideas how to...
  6. Windows Store won't open.

Windows Store won't open.: I have a lovely new PC. Everything is running beautifully, except that the Windows Store tile is greyed out and does nothing when clicked. I have, in settings, reset it. I have even used the 'wsreset.exe' in the Run box, but it made no difference. Has anyone any ideas how to...
  7. Windows Store won't open

Windows Store won't open: Hey Community, My Windows store won`t open? Any suggestions? Thnx. TP * Moved from msn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-wont-open/1d4a9175-6bab-4d92-8866-3c48ea33010f"
  8. Windows Store won't open

Windows Store won't open: I checked my date&time, reset the cache with wsreset.exe command, executed "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}" in Powershell - still no result. How do I spend my...
  9. Windows Store won't open

Windows Store won't open: Windows store won't open on my computer and most of my apps won't work. I first tried using this fix but it didn't work: "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  10. Windows Store Won't Open

Windows Store Won't Open: When I click on the Windows Store tile, it wont open. When I hover over the task bar it appears to be open but when I click on it nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this issue within W10? 13158