Windows 10: Windows stuck in bootloader when caddy is installed

Discus and support Windows stuck in bootloader when caddy is installed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Crucial MX500 500GB installed inside my laptop and a 1TB HDD inside a caddy (optical drive). When I boot my SSD without caddy installed, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hassanyf, Aug 11, 2018.

1. hassanyf Win User

Windows stuck in bootloader when caddy is installed

I have Crucial MX500 500GB installed inside my laptop and a 1TB HDD inside a caddy (optical drive). When I boot my SSD without caddy installed, it works fine. But when I install the caddy then boot my SSD, it is stuck in the bootloader forever. I can plug the HDD in another external HDD case and it shows the drives fine. What else could be the reason?

Things that I have done so far:

1. Wipe data/Wipe sector 0
    2. Rebuild MBR
    3. Deleted and created partitions

All of this is done in MiniTool Partition Wizard. What else could be the reason? My BIOS is set to Legacy Boot enabled with Secure boot disabled. OS boot manager is set first.

:)

hassanyf, Aug 11, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2018
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Windows stuck in bootloader when caddy is installed

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows stuck in bootloader when caddy is installed

1. Windows stuck in bootloader when caddy is installed - Similar Threads - stuck bootloader caddy

2. CADDY Is Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CADDY Is Not Detected: I have recently replaced my optic drive with a caddy mounted with 512 Gb of HDD, For some reason It is not detected in BIOS SATA configuration setting, and also is not showing up in File Explorer How do i fix this?My Laptop :- Asus K46cb Notebook- BIOS American Megatrends...
  3. Problem with the caddy hard I installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the caddy hard I installed.: I bought a used laptop which is Lenovo t540p and installed a second hard drive to the optical drive via a caddy adapter. after installing windows 10 I faced a problem with my second hard. It is that the second hard is showing as a removable device. and I searched online for...
  4. Problem with the caddy hard I installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with the caddy hard I installed.: I bought a used laptop which is Lenovo t540p and installed a second hard drive to the optical drive via a caddy adapter. after installing windows 10 I faced a problem with my second hard. It is that the second hard is showing as a removable device. and I searched online for...
  5. Accidentally installed the GRUB bootloader on SSD Where my Windows partition is when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally installed the GRUB bootloader on SSD Where my Windows partition is when...: Hello, I installed Manjaro on a usb and accidentally installed the boot loader on my SSD which has Windows installed, now every time I boot up my computer and hit the F12 key and select the Windows SSD option it brings me to the GRUB boot loader and I can’t take the USB out...
  6. Bootloader

in Windows 10 Support
    Bootloader: Hello I tried to create a USB external SSD portable Ubuntu. I followed the online instructions so as not to affect my bootloader. Guess what, it affected my bootloader . Without doing a clean install is there a way to restore the bootloader which is relatively...
  7. How to install default bootloader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install default bootloader: I recently had a problem in Win 10. Via "msconfig", restarted my pc in safe mode. Once booted up, and @ the login screen, Windows requested my pin, when I attempted to enter my pin. I was given the msg, "can't access your security pin currently". Tried a few different ways to...
  8. Dell disk caddy stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell disk caddy stuck: Dell t3620. 3.5 Disk caddy with the 2.5 adapter inside it. Unable to get it out of the cage. It comes out approx 1inch, then jams. Thought it might be this little metal clip, [img] but sliding in a sliver of very thin plastic between the cage and that part of the...
  9. Bootloader for 2 installations of windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bootloader for 2 installations of windows 10?: I have 2 hard drives each with their own installation of windows 10. Is there a bootloader anyone can suggest that can allow me to easily choose which windows 10 installation I want to boot into at startup? submitted by /u/BerryTheBlyatapus [link] [comments]...
  10. Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows on SSD with bootloader on HDD: I have Dell Inspiron 7566 with built-in Toshiba HDD which had three partitions: C:/ for Windows 10 , U:/ for Ubuntu 18.04 and D:/ for other stuff. Ubuntu was installed in UEFI mode and on every boot computer loaded to GRUB and asked which system it should start. Recently I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer hangs on boot with hdd caddy installed