Windows 10: Windows stuck in looping loading, cannot repair with installation disk

Discus and support Windows stuck in looping loading, cannot repair with installation disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro and my computer just recently started acting up freezing after logging in on the desktop(nothing responds except the mouse, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jasoryeh, Mar 28, 2018.

1. jasoryeh Win User

Windows stuck in looping loading, cannot repair with installation disk

I have Windows 10 Pro and my computer just recently started acting up freezing after logging in on the desktop(nothing responds except the mouse, no animations, not responding messages, just basically an image and a functioning cursor). After a few restarts it gets stuck in the loading circle and can no longer open into safe mode. I've tried letting it "prepare to repair" but it never loads. I got myself a fresh installation media to reinstall or repair, but that also get stuck in the circle loading screen with the bour windows logo. Nothing that is Windows related that can repair or reinstall my reinstallation can start.

:)

jasoryeh, Mar 28, 2018

2. Reset with clean install of used pc now says no operating system

Got windows 10 disk i found that was sons. He used it on this PC.

I tried loading it and now stuck in and endless loop. Keep coming back to DOS , then click any key for disk to load, then load disk, then enter key, then starts loading, then says THE COMPUTER STARTED USING THE INSTALLATION MEDIA. REMOVE THE INSTALLATION
    MEDIA AND RESTART THE COMPUTER.

When i do this it goes back to DOS , an operating system wasnt found, try disconnecting any direvs that dont contain any operating system.

R taylor 37, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Loop on desktop after installing Windows 10

After loading Windows 10 my computer finally booted only to get stuck in a loop on the desktop, prior to the appearance of any icons. I cannot breakout of the loop or use the computer.

MarkAMacDonald, Mar 28, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Hi jasoryeh and welcome to Tenforums.
    Is your data backed up or do you need to get your files off the drive?

simrick, Mar 28, 2018
  5. simrick Win User
    Please fill in your computer specs as best you can. Even just a computer model number will help us to help you.

Windows stuck in looping loading, cannot repair with installation disk [​IMG]

simrick, Mar 28, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8GB)
    2) Create a bootable Windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    3) Had you tried any of these Windows advanced troubleshooting steps:
    a) system restore
    b) startup repair
    c) command prompt (if this was tried please indicate the commands used)

4) Comment on any history of drive problems.

zbook, Mar 28, 2018
  7. simrick Win User
    If you need to save your data, I would recommend putting Kyhi's rescue media on a flash drive, and booting your system to it.
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    This is like a little, mini Windows, with some other programs, and you can open File Explorer, to copy off all your files for safe keeping. You can also check the health of your hard drive - I believe HDTune is on there.

Then I would follow the tutorial for a clean install:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

simrick, Mar 28, 2018
  8. jasoryeh Win User

As I have stated, the USB Installation media does NOT start and does not start like the already installed os. This has happened once before. My computer has a bit of necessary information that isn't backed up.

jasoryeh, Mar 28, 2018
  9. jasoryeh Win User
    How do I edit that, when I registered, it asked my for the O.S. I believe.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.

EDIT2: Added information

jasoryeh, Mar 28, 2018
  10. AndreTen Win User
    In addition to what simrick suggested. make a backup of your drive. If you can't boot, take out your drive and put it in USB enclosure, or just attach to external USB. Then boot with USB media (Kyhi bootable drive, which you have to make before).

When booting with USB, start Macrium reflect and make image of your drive on another external drive.

It would be better, if you could boot with USB while your drive is still in computer. Edit: go into your BIOS and enable legacy USB (should be there…)

AndreTen, Mar 28, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Many HP computers come with HP BIOS UEFI diagnostics.
    This software may have been downloaded manually.
    The diagnostics come in different versions.
    The diagnostic tests vary by the version (default install, manual install, and USB)

Run the HP BIOS UEFI diagnostics:
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site
    Report the results into the thread.

Was there a computer crash or any BSOD?
    What is the history of the drive?
    Were there any recent checks?

For HP computers for the downloaded HP BIOS UEFI diagnostics power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key.
    For booting a USB drive repetitively click the F9 key.

When you power on the computer and click the power button and restart while holding down the shift key what do you see?
    When you use the Windows 10 iso and repetitively click the F9 key what do you see?
    Are they the same or different?

If you have other flash drives that you can format you can attempt to boot to Memtest86+ version 5.01 and run the RAM testing.
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Use a camera or smart phone camera to post an image of the test result for 8 or more passes.
    It takes approximately 1 - 2 hours / GB RAM and the test can be run overnight.
    If there is just 1 error you can abort testing and test 1 RAM module at a time to determine which RAM module is malfunctioning.
    Alternatively you can attempt to boot to Ubuntu/Linux.
    Create a bootable USB stick on Windows | Ubuntu tutorials

zbook, Mar 28, 2018
  12. jasoryeh Win User
    I don't have a USB enclosure, do I need one? I'll try to use the bootable drive.

This computer is about 10 years old, it probably does not have UEFI. Yes, the installation was performed manually since I didn't want to reinstall Windows Vista again.

Was there a computer crash or any BSOD?
    No, just a freezup 30 seconds to a few minutes after signing in.
    What is the history of the drive?
    Uhm, used for gaming?
    Were there any recent checks?
    Chkdsk and sfc, but that was a long time ago so I don't think that was a problem. The computer is scheduled to defrag automatically, and I have Norton Security on it.

When you power on the computer and click the power button and restart while holding down the shift key what do you see?
    I CAN'T get into the computer to click the power button to restart. I've entered safe mode before this way to see if any startup things were affecting it.
    When you use the Windows 10 iso and repetitively click the F9 key what do you see?
    Are they the same or different?
    I will edit when I try right now.

In addition: This has happened before(about 6 months ago), and one time it randomly got me into the installation setup and I was able to reinstall, but other than that I think it was by luck or something. In addition, I can boot into Ubuntu, and am typing this right now.

jasoryeh, Mar 28, 2018
  13. jasoryeh Win User

Repetitively clicking F9 booting the iso doesn't do anything, only difference is there was a blinking cursor. I don't have a USB enclosure for my card, and the recovery media you told me to try doesn't start on my computer. Trying to mount the disk on ubuntu tells me it's unsafe to mount. Maybe I can find a solution in ubuntu?

jasoryeh, Mar 29, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    Open the BIOS repetitively clicking the F10 key.
    In the menu look to see the settings.
    Use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread as needed.
    Post using one drive or drop box share links.

These are some troubleshooting steps:
    Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials:
    Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Tutorials

Note
    If you have fast boot or ultra fast boot enabled in your UEFI firmware settings, then you will need to temporarily disable fast boot or ultra fast boot to be able to boot from a USB.
    How to Enable Fast Boot or Ultra Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows:
    Enable or Disable Fast Boot in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows Windows 10 Tutorials

1. Try another USB stick
    2. Try all USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)
    3. Maybe when using UEFI Bios you have to temporarily switch to Legacy in BIOS settings
    4. Turn off temporarily fast boot, secure boot, CSM if enabled

See if you can boot Memtest86+ version 5.01:

Please see the links for additional information:

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    This may take hours so plan to run it overnight.
    a) Please make sure you use the Memtest86+ version 5.01 with the link below.
    The testing is done not by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better.
    There are a significant number of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    A false negative is a test pass when there is malfunctioning RAM.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM each for 8 or more passes.
    b) When Memtest86+ version 5.01 has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 Tutorials

zbook, Mar 29, 2018
  15. jasoryeh Win User
    No USB port works to boot up the drive's windows installer.

BIOS Pictures - Bios1

No need to try another USB stick, I've tested it on another computer that's even older. I have another computer that's newer and that works too.

I am sending this message from my live installation I have running on the computer. I do not think a memtest is necessary for this situation, but I'll run one just in case.

jasoryeh, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stuck in looping loading, cannot repair with installation disk - Similar Threads - stuck looping loading

2. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  3. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on a repair loop: My computer is stuck in an automatic repair loop and I don't know my admin password on my computer so I can't do any of the tools to try and fix it. How do I fix this?...
  4. Stuck on a repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Stuck on disk repair

Stuck on disk repair: 10 days ago, my computer crashed and I wasn't able to log in in any way, I had to have it serviced, and they found that Microsoft had sent a corrupt file in their update while I slept, rendering my user corrupt. They had to set it back to factory settings, and gave me a clean...
  6. Stuck in Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Repair Loop: Can someone please help. I started my PC some hours ago now and everything booted fine. It then crashed and restarted itself... I then came on to a problem and it said it needed to restart once again. Since then it's been a tiresome loop of preparing automatic repair (which...
  7. Stuck in repair loop

Stuck in repair loop: My surface pro 4 had flickering issues, I tried using a method on the internet to resolve but ended up getting stuck in a automatic repair loop. It shows me a bunch of options in order to continue with most being to wipe out the data, how Tf did that happen? Then there are...
  8. Stuck in repair loop!

Stuck in repair loop!: Hi everyone, My windows 10 PC is stuck in the repair loop. A while back, during operation it just shut off and I've spent the last few weeks trying to boot back in but its stuck on the diagnosing pc on restart. I've tried most of the YouTube tutorials and haven't managed to...
  9. Stuck in Repair loop

Stuck in Repair loop: I commpressed my c drive to save space on my laptop. It shutdown midway through and hs been stuck ina ''diagnosing your pc'' ''system repair loop ever since. I have tried to factory reset but it always says something is wrong and no changes were made. I thought the problem...
  10. Stuck in Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Repair Loop: I recently updated to build 10130 and now I'm stuck in a "Preparing Automatic Repair" -> Restart loop. Any thoughts on how to fix this? 6468