Windows 10: Windows stupid... have questions

Discus and support Windows stupid... have questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I rarely use Windows, but need it sometimes to help my children with their computer problems/needs. I have an HP dm4-3050us laptop that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Guns90, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Guns90 Win User

Windows stupid... have questions

I rarely use Windows, but need it sometimes to help my children with their computer problems/needs. I have an HP dm4-3050us laptop that came with windows 7 Home. I have done the upgrade to Windows 10 and everything is working all right. The computer is dual booted with Linux Mint 17.3. Now, if I screw things up (as I often do) and need/want to do a clean reinstall, what is the process to get back to where I am now. I know how to do a dual boot again. My concern is....will MS let me upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 again/as many times as I want? Will the July 2016 by-date change how I will have to do this both either before or after that date? Is some sort of key going to be needed?

:)

Guns90, Mar 18, 2016

2. stupid n97 question

yep regular sim cards.

flagpole---01, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Maybe a stupid question....

Finally I'm able to follow up on this. Thanks for the reply. It does look as if my service provider has it set automatically or whatever the case that you mentioned. I did input a different SIM card and the call divert icon did not show. Should I call
    my service provider to have them take out/remove/deavctivate the default diverts? Hahaha icon still bugs me just by looking at. Thanks again!

swtbebecoco, Mar 18, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

You do NOT need to upgrade to Win 7 and then to Win 10. Not anymore.
    Once you had Win 10 installed and activated, you are "digitally entitled ".
    You can directly reinstall Win 10 as often as you want, whenever you want.
    Activation will be automatic.
    There is NO time limit.

davidhk, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Guns90 Win User
    That sounds pretty straight-forward, David. I guess my confusion was that HP set my 'original copy of of Windows 7" in a partition of the hard drive, and I don't have a clue if the Windows 10 upgrade changed that Windows 7 kept in the front partition, or just the 'active' Windows 7 in the second partition. I know I could have just tried a reinstall again, but Windows just takes sooooooo long to install. Thanks for the clarification. I guess that deep inside I'm just leery of a company that charged us through the nose for years for EVERY upgrade/version, then decided to GIVE us a better version for free. (Yes, I think MS is spying on us.) Thanks again. David.

Guns90, Mar 18, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.
    Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows stupid... have questions - Similar Threads - stupid questions

2. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  3. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A stupid display question..: Hello guys! I'm Alex from italy. I just can't figure out how can I switch between my two monitor. I try to explain better. My second monitor is a TV connected with hdmi cable, sometimes I need to see the second desktop while the normal TV is running without switching the...
  4. A stupid display question..

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Stupid question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stupid question: I just bought a new laptop, and I want to change the lock screen to a picture from a file. I did everything you're supposed to do, but I can't find an 'ok' button, or 'save changes' button, or whatever. How do I get my changes to stick?...
  6. why do you show every body eles questions and dont let us ask our own question stupid i...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why do you show every body eles questions and dont let us ask our own question stupid i...: whys my cpu stuck at a 100 my sound is in slow motion feel like im having a acid flash back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-you-show-every-body-eles-questions-and-dont/d8a6463a-70c6-49d3-bd35-8811bb249e95
  7. Stupid question, but how does one change the position of Xbox Game Bar notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stupid question, but how does one change the position of Xbox Game Bar notifications?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fander_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjybwj/stupid_question_but_how_does_one_change_the/
  8. Stupid Question: My Windows Defender doesn't exist on my PC?

Stupid Question: My Windows Defender doesn't exist on my PC?: I know it's supposed to be on the PC already, but I cannot find it anywhere. I went to the Security settings: it says 'no providers'. I uninstalled McAfee and Malwarebytes. Still no providers. It doesn't exist in the folder to turn Windows features on and off I did multiple...
  9. Stupid memory upgrade question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid memory upgrade question: Well folks I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.....I currently have two memory bays total, and have 6 gigs in each slot for a total of 12 gigs, I checked in command prompt to see what I can upgrade to and here is what I got- [img] Now the stupid...
  10. Sorry if this is a stupid question

Sorry if this is a stupid question: submitted by /u/spinelazuli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4xsfu/sorry_if_this_is_a_stupid_question/