Windows 10: Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server

Discus and support Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is available in Windows Insider builds of Windows Server. Now developers and application administrators can run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server

Source: Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server - Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Aug 7, 2017

2. cant install gcc in ubuntu in linux subsystem

sir,

i have successfully updated to anniversary edition and opened linux subsystem. but it is unable to download anything in the linux subsystem. for example i wanted to download gcc in the linux subsystem but it is unable to connect to the server and is just
    trying to connect.

i had upgraded my windows just for the reason of built in linux if it just could'nt download simple stuffs like gcc then what is the use. is there any solution to this problem please reply.

SubhojeetBose, Aug 7, 2017
  3. bash on ubuntu on windows missing

Well, you can try disabling the Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux:

Press Windows key + R

Type: optionalfeatures.exe

Hit Enter

Scroll through the list then uncheck: Windows 10 Subsystem for Linux

Click OK, then restart if prompted

Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2017
Thema:

Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server

1. Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server - Similar Threads - Subsystem Linux Server

2. Linux for Windows Subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux for Windows Subsystem: Hello!I have been using WSL on my computer for over a year, and my organization recently switched to Office 365. In doing so, the third party IT guy that came in set up a new local account for me. Now, I cannot access my WSL installation on the new user. I am trying to find a...
  3. Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,I currently work in a lab setting with a 64 core desktop that runs Windows Server 2019 for physical simulations. There are a few people who use the server, so we are interested in trying to find a job scheduler/workload manager that has similar capabilities to that of...
  4. Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 - Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,I currently work in a lab setting with a 64 core desktop that runs Windows Server 2019 for physical simulations. There are a few people who use the server, so we are interested in trying to find a job scheduler/workload manager that has similar capabilities to that of...
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  6. Windows Subsystem for Linux

Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  7. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows subsystem for Linux: Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that. Code: 0x80072EE2 Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks....
  8. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  9. Linux Subsystem for Windows

Linux Subsystem for Windows: I wanted to install ubuntu on my windows but I keep getting this error. Any work around? thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-subsystem-for-windows/813223fc-ff0a-410f-b761-efa28a1df384
  10. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...