Windows 10: Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen then asking for password

Discus and support Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen then asking for password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Version 1511 of Windows 10 Home. I have been using it for almost a week without problems, but all of a sudden this morning it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gumtree, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Gumtree Win User

Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen then asking for password

I recently upgraded to Version 1511 of Windows 10 Home. I have been using it for almost a week without problems, but all of a sudden this morning it is booting to a picture screen showing the date and time.*Eek *Shock
    When I click on the screen it changes to a password page. The thing is I have never had a password. I have tried leaving it blank and clicking OK, but it will not accept this. So I am in effect being shut out of Windows. How can I get back to Windows?

:)

Gumtree, Jan 3, 2016

2. Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen and then asking for password.

I do sometimes wonder about Microsoft community technicians. A user complains that he cannot log into Windows and is shut out. The tech replies that the user should boot into safe mode and do a clean boot.

Obviously if the user is completely locked out there is no way to perform a safe mode boot or a clean boot.

I have fixed the problem myself by performing a complete restore from a back-up I did two days ago. But I am concerned that this problem will return as soon as I download the updates again. Maybe I should consider disabling updates until Microsoft fix the
    problem update? Is it even possible to disable updates?

PC_User9647, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen and then asking for password.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

To better understand the issue please let us know if you have made any changes to the PC before the start of the issue?

Meanwhile follow the steps below to check the issue occurs in safe mode if not perform a clean boot please follow the steps below :

Step 1: Safe mode

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know default settings and basic device drivers
    aren't causing the issue.

Please refer the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Cleanboot

I would also suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Gumtree Win User

I ended up having to re-install Windows from a back up I made a couple of days ago. What a drag! *cry

How many re-installs of Windows 10 is this for me? Six, seven????.... I've lost count.

The problem appeared to be related to a security update for Ver 1511 that did not install properly or got corrupted somehow.

Have reported incident to Microsoft for what it is worth. *Rolleyes

Gumtree, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows suddenly booting to calendar screen then asking for password - Similar Threads - suddenly booting calendar

2. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  3. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  4. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  6. Laptop suddenly asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop suddenly asking for password: My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go...
  7. Safe boot asking for a password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe boot asking for a password: So, i was trying to downgrade my drivers for my graphics card. Put my pc into safe boot, it’s asking for a password i use a pin. I tried to boot my pc normal but nothing is working. I go into advanced settings by pressing restart and shift on the screen that is asking me for...
  8. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...