Windows 10: Windows suddenly not going idle

Discus and support Windows suddenly not going idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since about a week or so my PC has suddenly stopped going idle. Skype never shows away, computer will not sleep. Windows 10 version 1803. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iethis, Jun 14, 2018.

1. iethis Win User

Windows suddenly not going idle

Since about a week or so my PC has suddenly stopped going idle. Skype never shows away, computer will not sleep.

Windows 10 version 1803.

I have checked powercfg -request and although initially the mic device was being kept open by Cortana I disabled Cortana so that is no longer the case. Regardless it was not an issue before.

I have not installed any new software in this period, although some may have auto updated.

I have looked at all the programs/services being started at boot and removed them from auto start - but the problem persists.

In a random fashion, idle does work on first boot, for a while. Sometimes it stops after the first idle period is interrupted, sometimes it works for a few hours. I have failed to find a pattern.

I am assuming there is some way to investigate exactly what is keeping Windows from going idle - but other than powercfg commands I have not found any mention of it through searching.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jules.

:)

iethis, Jun 14, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 15, 2018
  4. Windows suddenly not going idle

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows suddenly not going idle

1. Windows suddenly not going idle - Similar Threads - suddenly going idle

2. My Laptop keep going idle windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop keep going idle windows 10: Hello guys, have anyone faced this issue with the they leave their laptop running idle and some how it just turn off after number of minutes? I have my power setting set to never sleep and never on the sleep setting.Thank you...
  3. My Laptop keep going idle windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep going idle windows 10: Hello guys, have anyone faced this issue with the they leave their laptop running idle and some how it just turn off after number of minutes? I have my power setting set to never sleep and never on the sleep setting.Thank you...
  4. Windows 11 crash when going idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crash when going idle.: Hello here,I have a Dell Inspiron 5510 that I often find crashing, mostly when going idle. I tried exploring the dump file but I must admit I'm at a loss there and asking for your wisdom.It's been like that since getting the laptop one year ago.Every dmp file indicate an...
  5. Windows 11 crash when going idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crash when going idle.: Hello here,I have a Dell Inspiron 5510 that I often find crashing, mostly when going idle. I tried exploring the dump file but I must admit I'm at a loss there and asking for your wisdom.It's been like that since getting the laptop one year ago.Every dmp file indicate an...
  6. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  7. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle: My laptop would go to sleep after the fullscreen video ended. but now somehow it's not going to sleep, the screen timeout is working though.The screen would go to black but it would not go to sleep.Can you help me please...
  8. Windows not going to sleep when in fullscreenbut it's idle

9. pc wont go idle

pc wont go idle: I have had a consistent issue with my pc not going idle. I frequently run cmd on powercfg /requests and almost everytime nothing shows up to be taking power however it still wont go idle. C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None....
  10. Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 going to idle state when gaming: For some strange reason Windows 10 is unable to detect Active 3D gaming sessions on the computer. The system goes into idle states (lock screen/turn off monitor/sleep) and only if the mouse or keyboard is not used during the gaming session. Checked with different game titles....