Windows 10: Windows surface keyboard

Discus and support Windows surface keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I access emojis and special characters (accents, etc.)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StuartCohen1, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Windows surface keyboard

How do I access emojis and special characters (accents, etc.)?

:)

StuartCohen1, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Issues with Surface Ergonomic Keyboard

To isolate the concern, is your computer also freezing when you're not using the new keyboard? This is for us to know if the issue is being caused by the keyboard or a program on your computer.

In the meantime, kindly uninstall the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard drive, and then re-install it. To do this, follow the steps below:

• (Make sure the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard is connected) Right click the Start button.
    • Click Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Look for the driver of the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard. Right click the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard driver, and the choose,
      Uninstall.
    • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the
      Delete the driver software for this device
      option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.
    • After deleting the driver, visit this
      link
      and download the driver software.
    • After downloading the driver software, run it to install.
    • After installing the driver, restart your computer.
    • After restarting, observe if your computer will freeze after waking up the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working in Windows 10 and Surface Pro 3

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Method 2.

I recommend you to go to the device manager manually and try updating Keyboard/mouse driver and check this helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the device driver and select
      Up-date.
    • Restart the computer, if prompted.
    Note: To update keyboard driver click on Keyboard device manager and follow the above steps by skipping no.2 step.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, try the below methods.

Method 3.

I recommend you to install all the Windows update and check. Please visit the below link on Install Surface and Windows updates.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...urface?os=windows-8.1-update-1#surfacepro3W81

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows surface keyboard

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows surface keyboard :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows surface keyboard

1. Windows surface keyboard - Similar Threads - surface keyboard

2. my surface keyboard will not charge my slim pen 2 on my surface pro 9 anymore. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my surface keyboard will not charge my slim pen 2 on my surface pro 9 anymore. I have tried...: I have tried restarting my computer, detaching the keyboard and my pen, updating keyboard and computer, re connecting bluetooth, nothing works. I woke up one day and my pen stopped charging on my surface keyboard. It is not my fault and I was wondering if it could request a...
  3. my surface keyboard will not charge my slim pen 2 on my surface pro 9 anymore. I have tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my surface keyboard will not charge my slim pen 2 on my surface pro 9 anymore. I have tried...: I have tried restarting my computer, detaching the keyboard and my pen, updating keyboard and computer, re connecting bluetooth, nothing works. I woke up one day and my pen stopped charging on my surface keyboard. It is not my fault and I was wondering if it could request a...
  4. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  5. Surface keyboard recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface keyboard recovery: I accidentally deleted my surface keyboard and mouse. My bluetooth mouse isnt working. My bluetooth keyboard works but only the up and down arrows. I am unable to restart...
  6. Surface keyboard recovery

7. How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0xc000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.

How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0xc000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.: I recently tried to reset my Surface go to get a brand new fresh look, but I got a BSOD with the stop code 0x000021 and It won't stop. How do I even fix it?...
  8. How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0xc000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0xc000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.: I recently tried to reset my Surface go to get a brand new fresh look, but I got a BSOD with the stop code 0x000021 and It won't stop. How do I even fix it?...
  9. How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0xc000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0x000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I solve BSOD stopcode 0x000021a on My Surface Go without a Surface go keyboard cover.: I recently tried to reset my Surface go, but I got a BSOD with the stop code 0x000021 and It won't stop. How do I even fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-bsod-stopcode-0x000021a-on-my/6baab02f-d936-4148-80bd-ad8cd685d58f