Windows 10: Windows Sync settings

Discus and support Windows Sync settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I enabled Windows Sync your settings but there is option saying other windows settings, So what does it sync this other windows settings? 52280 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Edward, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Edward Win User

Windows Sync settings

So I enabled Windows Sync your settings but there is option saying other windows settings, So what does it sync this other windows settings?

:)

Edward, Jun 3, 2016

2. Edge synchronization between Windows 10 devices

Windows Sync Settings, for HP Tower PC 1709 and Surface Pro 3 1709:

Start, Settings, Accounts (my Hotmail administrator account is shown here for both), Sync your settings (Sync settings On, Individual Sync Settings all On: Theme, Internet Explorer Settings, Passwords, Language Preferences, Ease of Access and Other Windows
    settings (all on for both).

Windows Sync Settings for Windows Phone 1709:

All Settings, Accounts (my Hotmail account is shown here under Your info), Sync your settings (Sync Settings on, Individual sync settings all On: Theme, Passwords).

To turn on syncing in Microsoft Edge for HP Tower PC 1709 and Surface Pro 3 1709:

(for both) Edge selected, Settings and more ..., Settings, under Account for my Hotmail account (Sync your favorites reading list, top sites, and other settings across your Windows devices), sync switch was turned off overnight and two PCs powered down and
    then restarted the next morning with sync switch turned on as described in previous thread message. Device sync settings selected, Windows sync settings shown as above in this message thread for my HP Tower PC 1709 and Surface Pro 3 1709.

To turn on syncing in Microsoft Edge for my Windows Phone 1709:

Edge selected, ..., Settings, under Account for my Hotmail account (Sync your favorites and reading list), sync switch was turned off overnight and powered down and then restarted the next morning with the sync switch turned on as described in the previous
    thread message. Device sync settings selected, Windows sync settings shown as above in this message thread for my Windows phone 1709.

As described in my previous thread, there has been no change, even until today after another day.

Rick

rick_urquhart, Jun 3, 2016
  3. Pinkneyrw Win User
    Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings

I get a message in my account settings stating that "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your system administrator to resolve this." I'm the administrator, haw do I fix this?

Pinkneyrw, Jun 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows Sync settings

I have not seen a good definition for what "Other Windows Settings" means. The best I can find on the Microsoft site is this:

If you turn on Other Windows settings, Windows syncs some device settings (for things like printers and mouse options), File Explorer settings and notification preferences.

See: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...ows-10-devices

philc43, Jun 5, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I would keep that turned off if its device related just to avoid future issues.

swarfega, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Edward Win User
    Thanks guys for the reply I will leave it off now because I only want to sync stuff from Edge *Smile

Edward, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Sync settings

1. Windows Sync settings - Similar Threads - Sync settings

2. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  3. How to set up sync partnership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set up sync partnership: How to set up sync partnership https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-up-sync-partnership/03718261-c9ad-4d4f-a8c8-bc539a8f4f0f
  4. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  5. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth: Hi,I was wandering if there is a way to create new users for personal use, just for create separated environments with different programs installed, different sessions with own desktop etc...These different "users" should share the same microsoft account and settings, so I...
  6. Create multiple users for personal use same account, sync settings, no auth

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  8. Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync

Set up new PC without Microsoft Account sync: New PC, first set up with Windows 11 Pro already installed forces you to sign in - NO I dont want that ever .... world of hacking big fat no more exposure sync thingsHow do I set up with out signing and create a local account - stuck on set up device and cant do anything else...
  9. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....
  10. Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out

Windows backup and sync settings is greyed out: I'm using 2 accounts in my Windows 11. One work account and one private account so I can use 2 OneDrives. The private account is used to sync i.e. photos from my cell phone which isn't possible to do with the work account due to GDPR. So I have 2x 1TB available for i.e....