Windows 10: Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

Discus and support Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HRPuffnstuff, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

By of my pc's are running 1803 latest CU and my problem is that even with sync set to off on both devices windows continues syncing. My desktop icons are more comprehensive than on my tablet and it becomes littered with them. If I delete one it simultaneously disappears from my desktop.

If I restore it on my desktop it reappears on my tablet. Keep in mind that syncing is turned off on both devices. Do you have any suggestions that I might try to correct for this apart from the feedback hub which I've already done?

:)

HRPuffnstuff, Jul 19, 2018

2. Sync Password on Lumia Device

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you.

I suggest you to log-in to the system using the same Microsoft account and try the below steps.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Sync your settings on the left pane, turn on all the sync option and verify your account.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 19, 2018
  3. balubeto Win User
    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10

The strange thing is that, following the https://www.tenforums.com/redirect-to...FDeviceBackups link, there is no backup device in my Microsoft account.

When, however, I install a new Windows 10 Preview, I create a local account, I configure it and I turned it into a Microsoft account, my settings will return to the saved settings (where?) two weeks ago.

So how do I delete these old settings?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

Sync with devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to turn off the sync setting on your device.

I would like to inform you that, when you are logged in with same Microsoft account on different computers, the sync options allows you to sync or automatically change the settings of other computers as well when it is change
    on one single computer.

There is an option available to turn off the sync option in Windows 10. Follow the steps provided below to turn it off.

• Press Windows Logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sync your settings.
    • Turn off Sync settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts

1. Windows syncing across devices even though its turned off in accounts - Similar Threads - syncing across devices

2. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  3. software sync across devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    software sync across devices: HelloI have 2 laptops, how can I sync the app, subscriptions and software across both of them.for example if I downloads drobox in one laptop, do I have to re downlead it in the second laptop? what I found is , the icons of the apps are found in the second laptop but the...
  4. Syncing changes across devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing changes across devices?: I have a laptop and a PC that I use for different things, and both are configured in quite a number of ways. Of course I sync my personal files over GDrive, but I was wondering if there are ways to sync changes that Windows doesn't automatically. I am thinking of something...
  5. Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Opening Even Though Turned Off: Chrome is continuing to open up even though it is not the default page. It is preventing me from being able to drill down on webpages. It is almost like Chrome has highjacked my computer. Help. I can't get work done until I get this fixed....
  6. Syncing settings across devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing settings across devices: Hi, I've got a Surface Pro 7 and a Surface Laptop 3 and I'm trying to sync my settings across both but it says "Sync is not available on your account". Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro and I have them signed into a work account. Does anyone know what the issue is?...
  7. Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently opened folders shows even though its turned off: Hi! I hope i post this in the right section. Im new to Windows 10, coming from Windows 7. On my laptop running Windows 10 Home i have set the option for showing recently opened folders/programs to off. So when i right click a item on the task bar it shouldnt display recently...
  8. Mail App Account Sync Across Devices

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App Account Sync Across Devices: Does anyone know if its possible to sync mail accounts from one device to another in W10? Using the mail app, configured 3 mail accounts on one computer. Was expecting the accounts to show up on my other W10 computer with sync on. Logging in with the same M$ account on both...
  9. Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Clipboard Sync Across Devices in Windows 10 Copy paste its something we all do, probably multiple times a day. But what do you do if you need to copy the same few things again and...
  10. Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices: How to: Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices How to Turn On or Off Sync Microsoft Edge Settings across Windows 10 Devices Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for...