Windows 10: Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,...

Discus and support Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro and have been having an issue with some of the core functions. I have downloaded apps (chrome, libreoffice, etc) to work around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jpladd, Aug 27, 2018.

1. jpladd Win User

Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,...

I have windows 10 pro and have been having an issue with some of the core functions. I have downloaded apps (chrome, libreoffice, etc) to work around but am frustrated. When i open a program (edge) it just goes into constant load never works. When i try the search bar from the task bar it just loads never displays my searched options. When i go into settings to try to work out problem or reset computer settings will not load or takes extremly long tonload or shuts down entirely after prolonged wait. For example: i select settings icon, it openes to “windows settings”, i select “update and security” it takes extremly long to load sometimes closes, i try to select recovery it shuts down...

Its very frustrating because i cant even wipe my system and restore!!

I checked firewall settings and dont have any third party programming running.

:)

jpladd, Aug 27, 2018

2. How do I stop Windows 10/Edge saving all my typed search topics?

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Here is how you can stop Microsoft Edge browser from showing you search suggestions in the address bar:

• Press the hotkey Win+R to open the Run dialog. Type
      gpedit.msc
      in the Run dialog and press Enter. This will open the Group Policy Editor.
    • In the Group Policy Editor, expand Computer Configuration → Administrative Templates → Windows Components → Microsoft Edge
    • Double-click on the Stop address bar from showing search suggestions setting in the right-side panel.
    • In the settings window, select Disabled and then click OK.
    That’s it. The settings apply as soon as you click on the OK button. Now if you open the Microsoft Edge web browser and try typing something in the address bar, then you won’t see any search suggestions. You can obviously revert the setting by following
    exactly the same steps and choosing Not Configured or Enabled in the last step and saving the settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 27, 2018
  3. How do I stop Windows 10/Edge saving all my typed search topics?

Pressed Windows +R. Typed in gpedit.msc - Windows cannot find "gpedit.msc" make sure you typed the name correctly then try again.

MalcolmDale, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,...

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,...

1. Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,... - Similar Threads - system programs edge

2. search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar not responding: I tried to change my font but didn't like it so I switched back to normal. I used this method:ffirst change: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI...
  3. search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar not responding: I tried to change my font but didn't like it so I switched back to normal. I used this method:ffirst change: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]"Segoe UI TrueType"="""Segoe UI Bold TrueType"="""Segoe UI...
  4. Windows search bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not responding: My device was recently modified, and now the search bar isn't working. The search box does not allow any input. I attempted several restarts with no success. Despite the fact that the quest works fine in safe mode. In normal mode, however, it does not react at all. Is...
  5. Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge,Microsoft Store, search bar and settings not responding: Whenever i open microsoft edge,it shows not responding.Then,microsoft store and settings did the same thing like microsoft edge.But,Search bar kept loading for no reason.Can you guys help me on how to solve this problem?I can't even download it from Microsoft store....
  6. Search Bar is not responding

in Cortana
    Search Bar is not responding: I had a Windows Update on August 18, 2020. After that I noticed by Search Bar is not responding. Cannot even find the SearchUI.exe in the taskbar when trying to reset. I tried to reset my PC and then try to update Windows again but it says I'm up to date. I checked the...
  7. settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar

in Cortana
    settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar: I have been having an issue when if i press on setting then select an option like system none of the setting load aswell as this when i press to type in my searchbar there is just a blank box...
  8. Search bar not responding

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding: I tried messing with cortana, like setting it up and stuff, I switched to english, worked fine until I restarted my laptop, then cortana would not open, neither search bar would. I have tried a some stuff but with no success, its fine if i don't have cortana, but how to get...
  9. Windows 10 1903. Microsoft edge, settings, search bar etc not working

Windows 10 1903. Microsoft edge, settings, search bar etc not working: Trying to find a solution starting about 2 weeks ago been having an issue with a computer, Microsoft edge wont load anything just seems frozen when you open it, doesn't even open a start page. Tried updating it to version 1903 and now edge wont works still but now when i...
  10. Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working

Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working: I recently preformed a factory reset on my Surface Pro and now nothing on my computer works. The taskbar is displaying the settings icon but wont let me go into it, I’ve no internet explorer and it wont let me go into Microsoft Edge and it also wont let me access the search...