Windows 10: Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

Discus and support Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my laptop, the sounds made by Windows (such as Action Center alerts) are distorted. More specifically, they sound clipped, as if routed through a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

On my laptop, the sounds made by Windows (such as Action Center alerts) are distorted. More specifically, they sound clipped, as if routed through a fuzz box. However sounds made by an application (Spotify) are fine and clear. I don't think it was always like this. I've searched for a volume setting for alert sounds to put this right, but I can't find one. I've also rebooted, but that didn't make a difference.

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 3, 2017
  2. GeorgeCW Win User

Low USB microphone recording volume (AT2020) - Windows 10

Thank you, but been there, done that...the gain from the operating system driver creates additional "noise floor" and/or creates distortion (clipping).

GeorgeCW, Apr 3, 2017
  3. Audio distortion with Windows Audio Graph Isolation (Audiodg.exe)

Like many people, I have been having trouble with Audiodg. I have an HP Envy Touchsmart laptop that has and IDT HIgh definition audio adapter with driver version 6.10.6491.0. It is running Windows 10 Pro. Unlike most people, my problem is that several
    times a day, the sound get very distorted with a crackling, raspy effect. It does seem to use more cycles and memory than it should, but not excessively so. The distortion occurs with all sound, playing music with Windows Media Player, video clips on news
    sites, and others. If I stop audiodg in task manager it restarts without the distortion, but it will recur later. I have all the latest Windows 10 updates as of three days ago. Any ideas or suggestions?

Catzenjammer, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped)

1. Windows system sounds are distorted (clipped) - Similar Threads - system sounds are

2. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  3. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  4. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  5. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Distorted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  7. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down: So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started with single audio clicks I was getting in my browser. I tried using another one and it temporarily helped, but the same problem...
  8. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  9. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  10. Video Clip Distortion

Video Clip Distortion: Sudden problem on my Lenovo laptop running Widows 10. For no apparent reason downloaded video clips, and some You Tube clips are unwatchable. It appears as though a small part of the original picture is magnified to fill the entire screen. Help, please!...