Windows 10: Windows tablet crashes when streaming video

Discus and support Windows tablet crashes when streaming video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A Medion Windows 10 tablet crashes with BSOD or rather GSOD as it runs Insider builds a few times a week when streaming video on browser or Kodi. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kari, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Kari Win User

Windows tablet crashes when streaming video

A Medion Windows 10 tablet crashes with BSOD or rather GSOD as it runs Insider builds a few times a week when streaming video on browser or Kodi. I mostly stream subscription based IPTV from Finland, Sweden and UK, tablet being connected to big screen TV I use it as my "HTPC".

Unfortunately I just cleaned up the system after yesterday's upgrade to build 17704, losing all previous minidumps, so the attached DM Log Collector archive only contains info from the GSOD I got just now, a few minutes ago.

AGM-W10PRO02-28_06_2018__65516_47.zip

:)

2. Video streaming

Hi Ray,

The outdated or corrupted driver could cause this issue with your computer. We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried
      updating your drivers
      ?
    • Have you tried another video streaming link?
    • How many applications running on your computer while playing video or watching live streaming?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    video streaming

Hi,

We appreciate your time responding back to us and being patient to get this issue resolved. With how you describe your concern, you're watching YouTube videos over the internet. Streaming videos will store a lot of cache and cookies in your browser's memory.
    We suggest that you clear the cache and cookies of your browser. Kindly follow these steps to clear cache and cookies:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + Del to open the
      Delete Browsing History window.
    • Mark all of the checkboxes (optional).
    • Click Delete and close Internet Explorer.

After clearing the cache and cookies, check if the issue is fixed.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Windows tablet crashes when streaming video

Video streaming failed with unsupported video type error

Hi,
    I was able to resolve the issue by disabling all hardware enhancements for Conexant Smartaudio HD. Here are the steps I took to resolve it, in case someone else runs into the same frustrating problem as I did: Right click on the speaker icon on the lower right hand corner -> Playback Devices -> Disable all hardware enhancements -> OK -> Reboot. That's it!

garfieldltd, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows tablet crashes when streaming video

1. Windows tablet crashes when streaming video - Similar Threads - tablet crashes streaming

2. streaming video with windows in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    streaming video with windows in tablet mode: I have a Gateway 2 in 1 laptop running Windows 11. I have noticed a problem with playing videos online when in tablet mode. What seems to be happening is the video plays in the center of the screen despite the embedded media player is usually on the left side resulting in...
  3. streaming video with windows in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    streaming video with windows in tablet mode: I have a Gateway 2 in 1 laptop running Windows 11. I have noticed a problem with playing videos online when in tablet mode. What seems to be happening is the video plays in the center of the screen despite the embedded media player is usually on the left side resulting in...
  4. Bandwidth not used when streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bandwidth not used when streaming videos: Hello,I have now had this problem for a long time and I could not find any answers anywhere. Sometimes -not everytime- when I stream a movie or series, or also when I watch videos on YouTube the media I want to play just does not load. It does not buffer and then it stops...
  5. Bandwidth not used when streaming videos

Bandwidth not used when streaming videos: Hello,I have now had this problem for a long time and I could not find any answers anywhere. Sometimes -not everytime- when I stream a movie or series, or also when I watch videos on YouTube the media I want to play just does not load. It does not buffer and then it stops...
  6. Streaming videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  7. Streaming videos

Streaming videos: For the last week or so, when I try to play a video in both the OperaGX and Chrome browser, they will freeze for up to a few minutes before playing. The videos will also freeze if I pause them for more than a minute or so, but if I only pause the video for a few seconds, I...
  8. Streaming Videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming Videos: I cannot play videos that are included in an email OR videos in my FB feed disappear as soon as I scroll down to them and are "blurred" out I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and Windows 10 installed; ANY help and/or information is greatly appreciated Thank you...
  9. streaming video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streaming video: Hi. I am running windows 10 and want to stream the video on my PC with my TV which are both on the same network. I had used Samsung smart view but even that has stopped since I updated to 10. I have tried to add the TV to my home group but that doesn`t work either. Any...
  10. Hang up/Crash when streaming video, especially live video

in Windows 10 Support
    Hang up/Crash when streaming video, especially live video: This has been happening on and off ever since I started with Win 10 and its always very annoying *Huh. System just hangs, no error message, no bsod, just complete freeze and loud hum. I cant say I can remember having issues watching youtube videos, its the streaming of...