Windows 10: Windows taking too long to load

Discus and support Windows taking too long to load in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi zbbok. Information you requested above; Count the number of boxes that are non-Microsoft services. There are 42 Non-Microsoft services of which 6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by scopio, Jun 18, 2017.

1. scopio Win User

Windows taking too long to load

Hi zbbok.
    Information you requested above;
    Count the number of boxes that are non-Microsoft services.
    There are 42 Non-Microsoft services of which 6 McAfee are checked, these being;
    Module Core Service, Validation Trust Validation Service, Service Controller, Firewall Core Service, Personal Firewall Service and AP Service.
    Which anti-malware programs are currently running?
    McAfee Security Centre (in real-time protection), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (in real-time protection) and HitmanPro which does a quick scan on start-up. All these I had to get them working as I won’t go not the web without them active!
    What is the status of any malware now?
    Malwarebytes has not found any threats. HitmanPro nothing other than a couple of Tracking. Cookies
    Type task manager in the left lower corner.
    Which items are enabled on boot?
    Just 3 out of 17 these being Fences Settings, Win Patrol Monitor. Malwarebytes Tray Application.

scopio, Jun 21, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

What is fences? does it need to be on boot?

There are 42 items that are non-Microsoft.
    6 are Mcafee.
    That leaves 36 non-Microsoft services unchecked on boot.
    This is your baseline now. If you are happy with this boot you can leave it in selective boot or you can figure out which application(s) are prolonging the boot.

Many people prefer clean or select boot to have the best performance:
    Windows 10 Performance and Install Integrity Checklist - Microsoft Community

To figure out which application(s) were impacting the boot you can now check 18 of the 36 unchecked non-Microsoft services.
    If there is a significant change in the boot then you know that it was one or more of the 18 that were checked. If there was an insignificant impact on boot then you know that it was not the 18 non-Microsoft services that were just started on boot.
    If the result was indeterminate or you want to see if there is a difference you can now uncheck the 18 that were checked and check the 18 that were not checked and reboot.
    Once you find the group in which the non-Microsoft service is impacting the boot you then divide this group in half. You then check one group of 9 compared to the other group of 9. The process continues until you narrow down to one item.

This non-Microsoft service is then uninstalled and reinstalled to see if a fresh install has an impact on the boot.

zbook, Jun 21, 2017
  3. scopio Win User
    Hi zbook,

Fences is an application that automatically organizes short cuts and icons on the desktop.

Fences : Software from Stardock

I did have selective boot before and still is on selective boot which I too prefer.

At the moment the boot time is satisfactory and much quicker than before. It is early morning here in the UK so I will try what you suggest in the next couple of days but I am happy as it is at the moment.

Thank you very much for all the help with this issue.

scopio, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows taking too long to load

1. Windows taking too long to load - Similar Threads - taking too long

2. Safe Mode takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode takes too long to load: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why[Original Title: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-takes-too-long-to-load/7016f755-f063-4651-b38b-867f8e0774b2
  3. Diskpart takes too long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diskpart takes too long?: So i was about to make a 100% clean install of Windows 10 and cleaned my 512GB drive with diskpart clean all. I read that it should take about an hour per 320GB, but it's been going for more than 3½ hours! According to the named 320GB/hr. about a terabyte should be cleaned by...
  4. Update takes too long.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update takes too long.: 2022-06 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems KB5014666 takes way too much time than usual. I mean what the hell is wrong with Microsoft? I don't understand why people even use windows. so much disaster operating system. We can't waste an...
  5. Chkdsk is taking too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chkdsk is taking too long: My harddisk was taking too long to respond and copy stuff. So I formatted the hard drive using cmd prompt and it went successful but then I am running the chkdsk E: /f /r /x E: is the external harddrive. Now its at stage 5 and have about 24 crore cluster to read and it is...
  6. Virtual Box taking too long to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box taking too long to load: Hello! So whenever I'm trying to use Virtual Box it's just stuck on like loading like I can't move my mouse, or do anything. The only solution for it to shutdown I just wait for my battery to drain I'm using a laptop. Please help me...
  7. Lots of websites taking too long to load

Lots of websites taking too long to load: Recently I've been getting an issue on chrome, edge and internet explorer where is says: 'website name took to long to respond'. This has been happening on a few websites and also with certain apps such as steam and epic games. I have a wireless connection to m my internet...
  8. Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search prompting “This is taking too long to load”: When searching using the search functionality embedded in the start menu of Windows 10 when clicking the Windows icon in the left bottom, a screen is displayed saying "This is taking too long to load". On the bottom right, a string looking like a version number is displayed...
  9. Download folder takes too long to load

Download folder takes too long to load: Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some...
  10. Update is taking too long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update is taking too long: its been almost 2 hrs . The white dots are atill soinning but the update is bot going further then 15% should i wait more ir try to restart .?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-is-taking-too-long/38928599-34e9-4134-bad5-452df72bcf54