Windows 10: Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working

Discus and support Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I can not open Task Manager with shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC or thought CTRL + ALT + DELETE. From CMD it is not working too (tskmgr.exe). It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kubikulek231, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working

Hello, I can not open Task Manager with shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC or thought CTRL + ALT + DELETE. From CMD it is not working too (tskmgr.exe). It's working only if I open it from "C:\Windows\System32".
    Please help.

:)

kubikulek231, Jan 3, 2017

2. Black Screen on Windows 10, Can't access Task Manager

To access Task Manage through Keyboard, following is the shortcut

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

E for Excel, Jan 3, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Problem With Task Manager in Windows 10

Hi Milan, try this keyboard Shortcut to open Task Manager:

Ctrl + Shift + Esc

DaveM121, Jan 3, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working

Welcome to TenForums!

Task Manager should also be available by a right-click on Start or on an empty part of the taskbar.

This sounds suspiciously like something is deliberately blocking you from running Task Manager - a tactic sometimes used by malware to stop you finding it, apparently. Try a scan with Defender Offline. You could also try scanning with ADWCleaner, then a scan with Malwarebyte (free).

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10
    AdwCleaner Download
    Malwarebytes | Malwarebytes 3.0 Premium 14-day Free Trial

If any of the above find malware, take a note of what was found and let us know. There may be more that needs cleaning, depending on what you found.

Bree, Jan 3, 2017
  5. EdTittel Win User
    try "taskmgr.exe" at the command line. I just checked the properties window for that item and that's the proper name for the executable. Alas, if you misspell the program name, it won't run at the command line or in the run box, either.

Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working

1. Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working - Similar Threads - Task manager keyboard

2. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  3. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  4. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager not working: Hello !I recently discovered that, for some reason, my task manager won't work. It just shows the same values for usage. I already tried restarting the computerrunning an SFC scan 2 times, the first time it said something about it repaired something, the second time no...
  6. keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts not working: Looking for keyboard shortcuts for diacriticals, either in ENG INTL or in Deutsch/German. Bing's list has instructions for combos, apostrophe=acute accent works, but comma=cedilla and colon=umlaut do nothing. What is the correct shortcut to use without keying in a code each...
  7. Task Manager shortcut keys are not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager shortcut keys are not working: My Task Manager shortcut (Left Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys worked for a while and it stopped working for some time. Now I have to use the (Right Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys for it to work. How do I change this back to its original default shortcut keys? 174872
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts Not working: [ATTACH] I have set the shortcut key for this chrome shortcut to ctrl alt up but it does not work. anyone know why? https://preview.redd.it/osyympjs7eu41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=a371db11f13226c74d84d7fcfd03d02b4a97b313 submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link]...
  9. Any Windows keyboard shortcut manager? (Not AutoHotkey)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any Windows keyboard shortcut manager? (Not AutoHotkey): Does any sort of program exist that can give a global view of all of the keyboard shortcuts that multiple running programs are "listening for"? Often, programs have the same shortcuts and overlap. So it'd be nice to see what program is listening for what shortcuts. Not...
  10. Task Manager not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager not working: When I right click start window and then click Task Manager I receive the following response: "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group2\5 - Task Manager.lnk This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a...