Windows 10: Windows taskbar icons broke

Discus and support Windows taskbar icons broke in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking. The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eracet, Oct 27, 2015.

1. eracet Win User

Windows taskbar icons broke

I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking.
    The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel, clock.
    All of my desktop icons work fine.
    Anyone have an idea what needs to be done to get this going again?

Thank you

:)

eracet, Oct 27, 2015

2. Active window taskbar icon color stand out windows 10

Hi,

As you are already familiar with this problem, no matter how you change the colors of the taskbar icons you still cannot see which window is active. In windows XP it was so clear without mucking around with colors and themes it purely showed which window
    was active like it was indented into the screen. whereas windows 7 just changes the shade of the color. I hoped that this would change in windows 10, but unfortunately it hasn't.

I don't know why Microsoft broke from something that works so well. But can you please advise on how to make a change back to the way windows XP displays the selected window icon on the taskbar.

Please understand that I am not asking to revert back to windows XP taskbar looks. I only want to be able to have the option to see the selected window icon on my taskbar. Right now, windows 7 or 10 simply adds a slight white shade on top of the selected
    icon on the taskbar and unfortunately this doesn't work well.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Joe

joechalfoun, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Black screen, non-working taskbar

I have Windows 10. I ended windows explorer in task manager, Windows processes) to try and work on taskbar (it was semi-responsive) and all heck broke loose. I now have a black screen and only know how to get back in task manager. Pressing the windows
    icon key or clicking search box does NOTHING. Clicking on any icon does nothing. Please help. Restart makes no change. What have I done? What can I do? Thank you

BethPeterson56, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Windows taskbar icons broke

1. Windows taskbar icons broke - Similar Threads - taskbar icons broke

2. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  3. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  4. Icons broke in Windows Search.

in Cortana
    Icons broke in Windows Search.: 90% of the icons are broken if I search for them in windows Search, they show instead the photos app icon. Is it a corruption? Has It something to do with the Google Drive file stream as I saw online? Is it even possible to fix this? I started getting this issue not exactly...
  5. Windows 10 tweaking, somehow I broke context menus for taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tweaking, somehow I broke context menus for taskbar icons: Hi guys. Any idea which registry setting might cause this problem? I'm currently optimizing Windows 10 2009 with VMware OSOT and somehow I broke taskbar icon/element context menus by adjusting some string I'm not aware of having this effect. Any pointer would be helpful,...
  6. Windows update broke my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update broke my desktop icons: Never had this issue in a very long time, as soon as i updated windows 10 to 1404, my icons now rearrange themselves after refreshing the desktop or rebooting the computer. I've tried deleting the icon cache, unchecking align to grid, unchecking allow desktop to rearrange...
  7. My taskbar buttons done broke

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My taskbar buttons done broke: For the past week or so the buttons on my task bar haven't been working. I can't open Start, Search, Notifications, settings, etc, however I can open apps pinned to the taskbar. I've tried restarting windows explorer, rebooting my computer, running antivirus, looking for...
  8. taskbar/windows icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar/windows icon: I've just upgraded to Windows 10 and have been adjusting some of the default settings and software. Somehow I have managed to create a situation where the home screen, immediately upon booting up, dims and the screen has a row of permanent vertical icons on the left side,...
  9. New update broke desktop+taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update broke desktop+taskbar: Had my pc update overnight. Now after logging in, the desktop is black with no shortcuts and the Taskbar keeps blinking and is unusable. Would appreciate some support submitted by /u/PlainRamenNoodles [link] [comments]...
  10. My taskbar broke?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar broke?: Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this :[ATTACH]please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the time and date anymore, and it just looks overall bad....