Windows 10: Windows taskbar icons broke

Discus and support Windows taskbar icons broke in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking. The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eracet, Oct 27, 2015.

1. eracet Win User

Windows taskbar icons broke

I have had a few times when the windows icons do not do anything when left clicking.
    The windows Start menu , cortana icon , notification panel, clock.
    All of my desktop icons work fine.
    Anyone have an idea what needs to be done to get this going again?

Thank you

:)

eracet, Oct 27, 2015

2. Active window taskbar icon color stand out windows 10

Hi,

As you are already familiar with this problem, no matter how you change the colors of the taskbar icons you still cannot see which window is active. In windows XP it was so clear without mucking around with colors and themes it purely showed which window
    was active like it was indented into the screen. whereas windows 7 just changes the shade of the color. I hoped that this would change in windows 10, but unfortunately it hasn't.

I don't know why Microsoft broke from something that works so well. But can you please advise on how to make a change back to the way windows XP displays the selected window icon on the taskbar.

Please understand that I am not asking to revert back to windows XP taskbar looks. I only want to be able to have the option to see the selected window icon on my taskbar. Right now, windows 7 or 10 simply adds a slight white shade on top of the selected
    icon on the taskbar and unfortunately this doesn't work well.

Thanks,

Cheers,

Joe

joechalfoun, Oct 27, 2015
  3. Black screen, non-working taskbar

I have Windows 10. I ended windows explorer in task manager, Windows processes) to try and work on taskbar (it was semi-responsive) and all heck broke loose. I now have a black screen and only know how to get back in task manager. Pressing the windows
    icon key or clicking search box does NOTHING. Clicking on any icon does nothing. Please help. Restart makes no change. What have I done? What can I do? Thank you

BethPeterson56, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

Windows taskbar icons broke

1. Windows taskbar icons broke - Similar Threads - taskbar icons broke

2. No taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No taskbar icons: Window task bar icons were not visible after window update installation. After which i restarted my Dell Inspiron laptop with safe mode. ( Task manager>files>msconfig.exe) After which window restarted in safe mode and i am unable to login with my pin password or account...
  3. My taskbar broke?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar broke?: Alright, so I'm just browsing the web, and out of NOWHERE my taskbar does this :[ATTACH]please give me answers of how to solve this! I can't see the time and date anymore, and it just looks overall bad....
  4. taskbar icons

taskbar icons: How do I make the icons on the taskbar LARGE in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/49d66daa-547e-4bc8-b41d-6b6469340fe5
  5. Taskbar icons

Taskbar icons: When I click on "select which icons appear on the taskbar" I get lots of icons related to Macrium Reflect which I do not want or need how do I delete these. Where are they stored ?...
  6. Taskbar icons

Taskbar icons: after the latest windows 10 update my power icon has greyed out, my sound icon no longer responds and my eject icon has disappeared from the taskbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/4407b212-f0bb-4b50-a854-1bd57a753a8a
  7. Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar icons: Why has my taskbar sound icon stopped responding to a left or right click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/taskbar-icons/5029f423-665a-4d49-a884-782aebbc8d25
  8. Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons: After updating Windows 10 "Features Updates" on May 9, 2018 any icon that I pin to the taskbar does not open the program. However, if I right click on the icon I can then select the program from the menu and open the program. Before the update I only had to single click on...
  9. Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon: How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636
  10. Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons: I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to reboot/restart my PC if I have to fix it. It's really annoying me, and it's not the first time. I want to ask why is this...