Windows 10: Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting

Discus and support Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows Taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting after a reboot . ASUS Audio Center is OK,setting stay fine If I shut down They will stick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bigcid10, Sep 20, 2017.

1. bigcid10 Win User

Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting

Windows Taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting after a reboot . ASUS Audio Center is OK,setting stay fine If I shut down They will stick .Upon reboot They reset to 2 channel and 16bit 44100 Hz ,have to keep resetting themThank youwindows 10 ent 16294RS3Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Energy Take Classic 7.1Onkyo TX-NR809Skylake-X i7-8720x -MSI X299 Tomahawk ArcticCorsair H115i32GB PC3200 DDR4 GSkill Trident ZCoolermaster v1000 Gold Series PSMSI GTX1070 8G Gaming XOCZ RD400 NVME M2 512GB SSD for OScorsair K95 RGB Keyboard - corsair CS Air540 Cube case

:)

bigcid10, Sep 20, 2017

2. Problem with sound on desktop

Hello,

Sound out may depend on Windows or software settings configuration. To troubleshoot, follow the steps below:

• Left-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    • Select the sound device in the drop-down menu.
    • Choose the connected headset.

Or you may also set your headset as the default playback device.

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
    • Choose Playback devices.
    • Under Playback tab, select Headphones then click
      Set Default.
    • Hit Apply then OK.

You may also contact your software developer's technical support team for additional assistance on configuring the sound settings.

Keep us updated if configuring your settings worked.

Regile Reb, Sep 20, 2017
  3. Taskbar height problem

Hi Luca,

The settings appear fine. I made a Vbscript that resets the taskbar configuration for your user account. Note that this clears Pinned taskbar items, taskbar toolbars and taskbar width settings etc. You can customize, re-Pin shortcuts again.

You can download the script here.

Completely Reset The Taskbar Settings To Defaults

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 20, 2017
Thema:

Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting

1. Windows taskbar sound configuration setting keep resetting - Similar Threads - taskbar sound configuration

2. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  3. Taskbar settings reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar settings reseting: My taskbar settings don't save. I have the hide taskbar option on but every time I restart the laptop it goes away and I have to turn it back on in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-reseting/2a91f90c-b626-4a72-961b-460a775f660d
  4. Taskbar settings reseting

Taskbar settings reseting: My taskbar settings don't save. I have the hide taskbar option on but every time I restart the laptop it goes away and I have to turn it back on in the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-reseting/2a91f90c-b626-4a72-961b-460a775f660d
  5. Taskbar keeps resetting on windows 11

Taskbar keeps resetting on windows 11: Suddenly I'm having an issue where the taskbar stays up. I go into settings and sure enough its unchecked. I check it and the problem is solved till the next restart. What is going on? I ran sfc and dsim and they found nothing.> sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This...
  6. Taskbar keeps resetting on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps resetting on windows 11: Suddenly I'm having an issue where the taskbar stays up. I go into settings and sure enough its unchecked. I check it and the problem is solved till the next restart. What is going on? I ran sfc and dsim and they found nothing.> sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This...
  7. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  8. Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default

Taskbar Settings Auto-hide keep resetting to default: Hello,Whenever I restart my computer, the taskbar setting to "Automatically hide the taskbar" resets and defaults to off, and requires manually turning it back on. It is quite frustrating. I have looked for an answer but have not found one that was referring to Windows 11 and...
  9. Windows keeping configurations after hard reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeping configurations after hard reset: I had some problems with my computer and i updated some drivers with the driver easy app, and i think it may have installed some wrong drivers on my computer. So i did a hard reset, selecting to wipe all files and use the cloud to download the Windows 10, after the reset was...
  10. Keeps resetting window/display configuration when changing monitor's settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keeps resetting window/display configuration when changing monitor's settings: Hey. I have a dual monitor setup. On Windows, when I change some of the settings on my primary monitor (like turning on/off FreeSync), Windows moves all of my windows to my secondary monitor and sets it as a primary one. As soon as I switch the setting back, I do get my...