Windows 10: Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

Discus and support Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a full screen game playing in borderless windowed mode. That lets me alt+tab out in a reasonable timeframe. My problem is that when I aim down,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by THX1138, Aug 13, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

I have a full screen game playing in borderless windowed mode. That lets me alt+tab out in a reasonable timeframe. My problem is that when I aim down, the taskbar comes up. When I fire my weapon, I lose control of the orientation of my character in the game which is very detrimental to my performance and game outcome. How do I suppress the taskbar for the duration of the game whilst enabling me to disable suppression with a multi-key press if I need it?

:)

THX1138, Aug 13, 2017
  2. aweaweawe Win User

Taskbar disappears when I load a game

If I load any game to play after it loads up my taskbar is gone if I click where the taskbar normally is it tabs me into the game I am playing, this only happens if it is in windowed borderless nothing else. I have tried moving the taskbar auto hiding it
    and then unhiding it, locking the taskbar, updating drivers and restarting my pc and nothing seems to work if I close the game my taaskbar is back and normal but as so as I load a game again it goes : /

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

aweaweawe, Aug 13, 2017
  3. Hiding the taskbar selectively?

So here's my situation, for some reason when I play Skyrim in full screen the graphics are really choppy, some weird issue with my Radeon card I suppose, anyway it works fine when it's windowed at the same resolution, so that's how I play it. Problem is,
    the taskbar covers up part of the screen. I set the taskbar to auto hide itself, but I don't like that when I'm on the desktop so I have to enable it every time I play the game and then disable it afterwards. Not a big deal but its tedious. So I thought, surely
    there is a key that hides and unhides the taskbar, or a setting to selectively hide it when a certain application is running? Apparently not. At least not that I can find, or that Cortana knows anything about.

Count Longardeaux, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

1. Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game - Similar Threads - taskbar unhiding whilst

2. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  3. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  4. Windows 11 taskbar will not unhide

Windows 11 taskbar will not unhide: I have an issue with the taskbar, "Automatically hide the taskbar" option stays ALWAYS ON. I tried to unclick it, restart Windows Explorer, checked for any Windows updates but it keeps hiding the taskbar whenever i open any window in full screen. It is frustrating because now...
  5. Taskbar not properly unhiding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not properly unhiding: Hello,The auto - hide functionality of the taskbar used to work fine until recently, out of the blue taskbar won't unhide when the mouse pointer is at the bottom of the screen. It appears as if the taskbar pops up behind the current window. Done all the solutions that have...
  6. Taskbar not properly unhiding

Taskbar not properly unhiding: Hello,The auto - hide functionality of the taskbar used to work fine until recently, out of the blue taskbar won't unhide when the mouse pointer is at the bottom of the screen. It appears as if the taskbar pops up behind the current window. Done all the solutions that have...
  7. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...
  8. Taskbar will not unhide

Taskbar will not unhide: I like to keep my taskbar in the auto-hide mode but in the past few months, I have been facing an issue where the taskbar will not unhide when any application is open. When I am on my desktop and I drag my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar pops up as normal but if I do the...
  9. Taskbar will not unhide

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Bsod whilst playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod whilst playing games: My PC BSODS Critical_Process_Died whilst playing gamesDMP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDwxz1NoYMyg9ZG4F7mBgpYnQ9mqg?e=YYtKEsIf anyone could help it would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-whilst-playing-games/40ee6bf7-8bea-414b-bdf3-d44cdac5af69

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove task bar whilst playing games