Windows 10: Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

Discus and support Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a full screen game playing in borderless windowed mode. That lets me alt+tab out in a reasonable timeframe. My problem is that when I aim down,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by THX1138, Aug 13, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

I have a full screen game playing in borderless windowed mode. That lets me alt+tab out in a reasonable timeframe. My problem is that when I aim down, the taskbar comes up. When I fire my weapon, I lose control of the orientation of my character in the game which is very detrimental to my performance and game outcome. How do I suppress the taskbar for the duration of the game whilst enabling me to disable suppression with a multi-key press if I need it?

:)

THX1138, Aug 13, 2017
  2. aweaweawe Win User

Taskbar disappears when I load a game

If I load any game to play after it loads up my taskbar is gone if I click where the taskbar normally is it tabs me into the game I am playing, this only happens if it is in windowed borderless nothing else. I have tried moving the taskbar auto hiding it
    and then unhiding it, locking the taskbar, updating drivers and restarting my pc and nothing seems to work if I close the game my taaskbar is back and normal but as so as I load a game again it goes : /

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

aweaweawe, Aug 13, 2017
  3. Hiding the taskbar selectively?

So here's my situation, for some reason when I play Skyrim in full screen the graphics are really choppy, some weird issue with my Radeon card I suppose, anyway it works fine when it's windowed at the same resolution, so that's how I play it. Problem is,
    the taskbar covers up part of the screen. I set the taskbar to auto hide itself, but I don't like that when I'm on the desktop so I have to enable it every time I play the game and then disable it afterwards. Not a big deal but its tedious. So I thought, surely
    there is a key that hides and unhides the taskbar, or a setting to selectively hide it when a certain application is running? Apparently not. At least not that I can find, or that Cortana knows anything about.

Count Longardeaux, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game

1. Windows taskbar unhiding whilst playing a game - Similar Threads - taskbar unhiding whilst

2. Question BSOD whilst gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question BSOD whilst gaming: Hi yesterday out of nowwhere i experienced two bsods whilst gaming and also today. The games were bf4 and Forza Horizon 4. My specs are below 8700k@ 4.7GHz all cores 3600mhz 16gb ram Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+ 650w seasonic psu 970 evo ssd + 4tb WD HDD Windows 10 1809 and...
  3. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Whilst Playing Some Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Whilst Playing Some Games: It has come to my attention as of late that some games, such as GTA V or 7 Days to Die have been triggering the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD upon starting the game, or after a few minutes of being in-game. I used WhoCrashed and found that it had to do with e2xw1.sys, which is...
  4. PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates

PC resets itself whilst playing game, then updates: ive never had this problem before can somebody please put my mind at rest to why this has occurred? i have a fear of playing that game now lol many thanks guy
  5. BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2

BSOD whilst playing XCOM 2: Hello all, Started getting random BSOD during XCOM 2, been absolutely fine up until now. No other BSODs during other activities. From looking at BlueScreenViewer it points to both cng.sys and ntsokernel.exe. The actual BSOD is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a....
  6. Constant BSOD Whilst gaming

Constant BSOD Whilst gaming: Hi there, Hopefully you can help me, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming or watching Youtube. I've updated all the drivers that i know off and have memtested the ram and it seems OK. I've recently upgraded the PSU aswell to a EVGA 650W G2 as i thought my old...
  7. BSODs whilst gaming

BSODs whilst gaming: Hi, I've been getting a few bluescreens and generalh CTDs whilst gaming quite a lot. So far I've replaced the motherboard (though becuase the old one was a dud), replaced the power supply (also dud) and rolled back my graphics drivers to 355.98, I also used DDU to remove...
  8. BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR whilst playing a few games

BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR whilst playing a few games: Hi, During certain games I've been getting BSOD. It can happy at any point during these 4 games where the game freezes then windows crashes and displays WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. The games are: Grand theft auto V, battlefield 1, Total war: Warhammer and Arma 3 (rarely)...
  9. Frequent BSOD whilst gaming

Frequent BSOD whilst gaming: Hi all, I have been getting this BSOD whilst gaming very frequently and for quite some time now, and am finally at my wits end. Any help solving this would be very much appreciated. I had originally thought that the issue was with the Elan mousepad drivers, but updating them...
  10. Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not visible whilst alt+tabbing in windowed (fullscreen) game: Evening all, As of just recently I had to install a fresh windows 10 OS on my alienware aurora R4 due to freezing issues. I had to install windows 8.1 provided with the pc when it was purchaed then upgrade to windows 10 because I couldn't get windows 10 onto a USB for a...