Windows 10: windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

Discus and support windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240 Cant see this is correct [img] 33960 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reddwarf4ever, Dec 15, 2015.

1. windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

Cant see this is correct

windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240 [​IMG]

:)

reddwarf4ever, Dec 15, 2015
  2. siddbn Win User

still havent recieved the november update for windows 10

hello, I am running windows 10 insider build 10240 and I have been checking for updates in windows update from yesterday but it keeps telling me that my device is up-to-date .I really want this November update. so please help

siddbn, Dec 15, 2015
  3. Cant Update to newer build

I recently installed Windows 10 Education edition but I cant update to any newer version.My current build is shown as Build 10240 and I cant get it to update.Windows update just tells that my system is up to date.

ArnavMalik, Dec 15, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Did you receive the update for th2 10586 back in November or have you been receiving Windows updates ?

jds63, Dec 15, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Assuming your 10240 is activated.....................
    Use one of the following links to download the Windows 10 10586 iso file :
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT )
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

I'll use MCT as an example :
    Download the MCT > run the Tool > select Create installation media for another PC
    That will start downloading the iso file to your computer.
    After that, right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation will begin.
    You have the choice of keeping your settings, files and apps or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

davidhk, Dec 15, 2015
  6. If I do this I assume I will lose nothing....files settings etc etc and yes it is activated...

thanks

7. davidhk Win User
    Yes. It is just another upgrade from 10240 to 10586.
    You will get to keep all your settings, files and apps.
    The process should go very smoothly, other than time consuming.

davidhk, Dec 15, 2015
  8. windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

Well almost went smoothly .....upgraded using USB pen with downloaded ISO chose to keep all settings files etc....
    it updated to 10565 build, but not only that be as there have been some ' repairs' to the problems with the start memu and pinned apps menu ( I assume this to be true ) ALL my pinned icons have switched to large and all mixed up with the group titles lost.h

Not a big deal, took me half an hour to make them small, rearrange them add replace the group titles....

But perhaps everyonr should be aware of this...
    just turned on windows updates and its downloading now, so will soon be at the latest build...then will back up with Acronis true image 2016 then turn off updates for a while, when i will backup,again before updating....

thanks everyone

and to the question about the november update, I had updates turned off during this period, but once switched on again, the laptop decidd It was up to date, but was obviously not

9. DoItJust Win User
    This is not true. Some settings and some customisations you have done will be reset.
    To be sure, go through everything once again and also apply whatever changes to the registry you have done.

DoItJust, Dec 15, 2015
  10. So I found out......the only thing I found so far was the pinned items.....because there ' was' an issue with new apps not showing and items not pinning to the start menu, which now works fine on my PC which had this issues till I updated to the latest build.....Will keep an eye out for cahnges to the laptop, have redone the registry ' changes' and turned off defender etc, that MS likes to turn back on

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240 - Similar Threads - tells Laptop date

2. Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...: I have tried to use the Windows Update to scan for security updates to my computer. Something odd has happened.I briefly get an available windows update called "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.339.368.0", however after a...
  3. Build 10240

Build 10240: So basically im still on the build 10240 and tried updating my computer, i got the error code 0x80240fff and tried updating it with the update assistant that i could download, but that didnt work and was told to restart my pc and try again did that and it still didnt work.....
  4. How can I tell if my windows 10 is up to date?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I tell if my windows 10 is up to date?: How can I tell if my windows 10 is up to date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates/044b828d-7309-456e-a3cd-3eab2f0eb745
  5. MS is telling me my Windows is out of date

in Windows 10 Support
    MS is telling me my Windows is out of date: I am running 1803 (OS Build 17134.228). When I go to the Windows Store it tells me I am not up to date. The link tells me the following. I thought I was up to date. Why is Microsoft telling me I am not? And more importantly what problems will I have because it thinks I am...
  6. win 10 pro build 10240 - update says up to date!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 pro build 10240 - update says up to date!!!: Lenovo b590 i3 4gb ram 500gb hdd + AVG free: Windows 10 pro build 10240, upgrade from win 7.1 pro. No windows updates received since upgrading, however the update setting says upto date, last update Dec 2016 - been unable to get past this bottleneck - tried stopping...
  7. Win.Updates telling me "Device is up-to-date" with Ver.1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win.Updates telling me "Device is up-to-date" with Ver.1607: I am running windows 10 and last week I had a major update, now ver.1703 Build 15063.332 My wife has her own laptop running Windows 10 and still has ver.1607 build 14393.1198 When manually checking for updates it said: "Your device is up to date" Q: Why is my wife's...
  8. sound blaster on build 10240

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound blaster on build 10240: I cannot get my surround 5.1 audio to work with this most recent build of 10240; and i cannot get into the enhancements that are supposed to be available for my card which is the x-fi titanium pci express sound card from creative. Is there any way to resolve this or do I just...
  9. Auto Login build 10240

Auto Login build 10240: HI, Dose any one know how to activate auto login netplwiz dose not work. 8390
  10. Problems with Build 10240

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Build 10240: So far, I have no sound and Cortana is not working when I speak to her. Any solutions and fixed? 8367