Windows 10: windows ten power settings

Discus and support windows ten power settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how do I get windows ten to shut off my desk top computer after a period of non use? 39762 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deano1, Feb 4, 2016.

1. deano1 Win User

windows ten power settings

how do I get windows ten to shut off my desk top computer after a period of non use?

:)

deano1, Feb 4, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows ten settings

No need to wait and wonder - Microsoft publishes the fixes and updates contained in every new version of Windows.

One of the first things I do when facing a problem involving Windows is to determine whether it's a Bulldog problem or a Windows problem. I do this by searching the web to see whether my issue is being widely reported by people who actually know about Windows
    rather than the clueless masses. In my case, sadly, it's almost always a Bulldog problem.

BulldogXX, Feb 4, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows ten settings

Without knowing what settings you're referring it's not possible to answer specifically. In general, some settings can only be changed from an Administrators account, some are controlled by group policy and some require a Microsoft account.

You should expect some changes from upgrade to upgrade, thanks to the 'publish first fix later' development style that has established itself in the software industry.

BulldogXX, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Control Panel, Power Options. Click on Change plan settings.
    Or
    Control Panel, System and Security, Power Options. Click on Change plan settings.

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. windows ten power settings - Similar Threads - ten power settings

2. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Ten: can windows ten be transferred to another motherboard if the old motherboard that failed is different. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/8332a453-0dfd-4a35-8fc9-d6f1cdbc2b2a
  3. Windows ten activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows ten activation: Hello i reset my computer and my windows ten deactivated itself and ive been trying for the past 2 days to enable it again it keeps saying that my windows isnt genuine and when i try to troubleshoot the activation it says there was an error please contact support or find a...
  4. windows ten activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows ten activation: i bought a pc from someone and before they brought it they factory reset the version of windows. is there any way to re-activate because i was never given a code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten-activation/9a1c40db-11a9-4497-aeba-15450b351f55
  5. Windows Ten

Windows Ten: I have shut down my computer as normal and, when opening again, it appears all my settings, Office and files have disappeared. How can I get back to how it was without actually starting everything again right from the beginning? I just want it back to how it was this morning....
  6. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Ten: When I scan a paper, to email it to my family, I use the PDF icon. When I had Windows 7, the program automatically put a copy of the scanned page in my document folder. When I perform the same task in Windows ten I can't find a copy of the scanned paper anywhere. Does it...
  7. Windows ten

in Cortana
    Windows ten: hello recently reset my pc and this appeard Does anybod know what it is and how i can fix it thanks [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/0086d953-8719-4a95-9b1a-38ab13e67984"
  8. Windows Ten

Windows Ten: How can I create a schedule in landscape form. I am using Windows Ten and are new to this system. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/70530d32-24fd-4c09-8cb3-a4e200e73d76
  9. Windows Ten LVM?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Ten LVM?: Anyone knows how to do a clean install of Win Ten on a LVM manner? Logical Disk Manager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 8263
  10. Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Setting: Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?...