Windows 10: windows ten power settings

Discus and support windows ten power settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; how do I get windows ten to shut off my desk top computer after a period of non use? 39762 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deano1, Feb 4, 2016.

1. deano1 Win User

windows ten power settings

how do I get windows ten to shut off my desk top computer after a period of non use?

:)

deano1, Feb 4, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows ten settings

No need to wait and wonder - Microsoft publishes the fixes and updates contained in every new version of Windows.

One of the first things I do when facing a problem involving Windows is to determine whether it's a Bulldog problem or a Windows problem. I do this by searching the web to see whether my issue is being widely reported by people who actually know about Windows
    rather than the clueless masses. In my case, sadly, it's almost always a Bulldog problem.

BulldogXX, Feb 4, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows ten settings

Without knowing what settings you're referring it's not possible to answer specifically. In general, some settings can only be changed from an Administrators account, some are controlled by group policy and some require a Microsoft account.

You should expect some changes from upgrade to upgrade, thanks to the 'publish first fix later' development style that has established itself in the software industry.

BulldogXX, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Control Panel, Power Options. Click on Change plan settings.
    Or
    Control Panel, System and Security, Power Options. Click on Change plan settings.

Ztruker, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. windows ten power settings - Similar Threads - ten power settings

2. Windows Ten

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Ten: How can I create a schedule in landscape form. I am using Windows Ten and are new to this system. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ten/70530d32-24fd-4c09-8cb3-a4e200e73d76
  3. Power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power settings: Hi Our group policy setting is to turn off monitor after few minutes when connected to battery and when on power. So if a power point presentation is happening will it turn off the monitor . will it be not considered as an activity and keep the monitor on ?...
  4. Power Settings

Power Settings: Is there anything in Windows 10 that would cause my computer to turn itself on? For the third time in the past two weeks I have found my computer on. I live alone and unless my cats know how to do it, I can't figure out how or why the computer is turning on by itself. I do...
  5. POWER SETTINGS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    POWER SETTINGS: My power settings are not working. I have in the settings that my computer will go to sleep after 20 minutes idle. But it doesn’t. It doesn’t go to sleep at all and I have to shut it down...
  6. power settings

power settings: my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help? Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10...
  7. power settings

power settings: with every update my power settings get changed to put computer to sleep after 1 minute of inactivity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings/6c285063-6336-4f59-ae8a-1798db5149e2"
  8. Power Setting

Power Setting: What does hibernate mean? What's it's advantage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/power-setting/20b2cfcf-c125-45e7-8a9f-c83714b5ea52
  9. Power settings

Power settings: How do I change power settings from balanced to high performance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/power-settings/9a6d6a6b-cd41-4f22-a292-1b23fe94a7dc
  10. Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Setting: Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?...