Windows 10: Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

Discus and support Windows things that My D drive is an external drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows things that My D drive is an external drive does anyone know how to fix this? any help is much APRICATED Thanks in advanced [img] 85780 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Littlejohn56, May 30, 2017.

1. Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

Windows things that My D drive is an external drive does anyone know how to fix this?
    any help is much APRICATED
    Thanks in advanced
    Windows things that My D drive is an external drive [​IMG]

:)

Littlejohn56, May 30, 2017
  2. fjcamry Win User

Can't make a recovery image on my external back up drive

What I attempted to do was to change the system back up to my internal storage drive Windows things that My D drive is an external drive :D instead of the external HD. It created a recovery image to the Windows things that My D drive is an external drive :D drive. I then deleted the windows image drive on my external drive from the windows 7 days. I transferred
    a copy of the windows image file from the Windows things that My D drive is an external drive :D drive to the windows image file folder in the external drive. This kept a current back up window image file in the external hd.

Next I went to the windows recovery and back up option in windows 10. I changed the back up drive location from the Windows things that My D drive is an external drive :D drive back to the external hd. Now running the windows back up works successfully and put a recovery image and back up files to the external
    hd.

fjcamry, May 30, 2017
  3. Cannot Install Programs After Switching HDD [Error 1324]

Thanks for the reply Akheel,

1. By saying D drive, I meant a internal hard drive in my laptop, the new drive I'm trying to install things on is a external hard drive.

2. No, its a old drive with contents, it's listed as E drive and not D

also, for your suggested solution:

1. I don't have a D drive, and when u try to change my E drive to D, it doesn't let me.

2. Will try that soon

thanks again

Xiao Ouyang, May 30, 2017
  4. Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

You can assign whatever letter you want to your drives.

cyberrufus, May 30, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows things that My D drive is an external drive

1. Windows things that My D drive is an external drive - Similar Threads - things drive external

2. MSFS2020 On External D: Drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSFS2020 On External D: Drive.: Hi everyone, When I go onto microsoft store to download MSFS2020 I go onto the select location to download to bit and it doesnt let me use my external D: drive even though the D: is on I was wondering if it is actually possible to download it to a External D: drive....
  3. Missing D: External Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: External Disk Drive: Hi, I've had my AlienWare PC for about 4 months now, and recently I can't find my external hard drive. My OS C: is still here, but My D: drive is missing, and I can't find it in File Explorer or Device Manager. Please help....
  4. Windows only partially recognizes my external D: drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows only partially recognizes my external D: drive.: My D: Drive has many games from steam only that work fine. When I try to download from the Microsoft Store or the Xbox app using Game Pass Ultimate it does not seem to recognize my D: drive is there does not show it as an option on the choose storage location screen, I have...
  5. Windows 10 - How to extend my Windows C drive to the external D drive without delete D data?

Windows 10 - How to extend my Windows C drive to the external D drive without delete D data?: see my screenshot [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-extend-my-windows-c-drive-to-the/848bd8fa-54c4-447c-be06-3e5e09983634
  6. My D Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive: So I was using my laptop and suddenly boom, my entire D drive went missing. Tried restarting and turning pc on and off and the D drive is still missing. Please help. submitted by /u/TheUniqueUsernameLOL [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows D drive

Windows D drive: Hi, I recently factory reset my PC with a new install of Windows 10, however my D drive is now almost full about 109.5GB/110GB and is making my PC extremely slow on launch for about 15 minutes after turning it on, and asks me every time I turn it on if it should run on...
  8. Drive D

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive D: I don't have a D Drive, I think Im suppose to have one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/drive-d/7c9b1ef1-b701-4dc9-b8d9-46d3b6359bbd
  9. Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives): so I have a gaming laptop as well as a desktop PC My desktop PC uses a small boot up drive that is full or close to full since its probably 250g BUT I have a 4T Mybook Hard drive attached for saving games. My laptop has a small boot up drive with a 2T SS Drive inside it for...
  10. D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive: When I put a CD into my D drive nothing happens. I should be able to read which files are in it or listen to music or play a game. I also cant find how to manage this drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/9dfd13ef-38ae-4aa5-b7b5-bed4f3e00c0f