Windows 10: Windows thinks high contrast is on when it isn't

Discus and support Windows thinks high contrast is on when it isn't in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have a weird problem. I just reinstalled windows 10 and when I tried to customize the appearance of it, it won't let me because it says high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nearxe, Mar 16, 2017.

1. nearxe Win User

Windows thinks high contrast is on when it isn't

So I have a weird problem. I just reinstalled windows 10 and when I tried to customize the appearance of it, it won't let me because it says high contrast mode is on. But high contrast is not chosen in themes and it is also disabled under accessibility.

I can for some reason still change themes (but not change backgrounds, colours, sounds and all that separately, which I really want to do). I have chosen the default theme and also tried to download a new theme but it didn't help. I tried enabling high contrast, and changing it back and none of that changed anything. I even tried removing the high contrast themes from the computer but it still says high contrast mode is on.

Any other ideas as to what I can try?

:)

nearxe, Mar 16, 2017

2. How to turn OFF high contrast

Original Title: personalize

How on Gods green earth do I turn OFF high contrast. I selected NONE and it says I can't save that theme in high contrast mode. Well duh by selecting NONE as the high contrast theme I want , you would think it would figure out that I don't want high contrast
    mode at all. I want to select the colors that I want to use with a particular picture. It has currently SELF decided to use auto color select when not in High Contrast Mode but it choose purple as a color choice with a picture of a black car. I was trying
    to get a black or at least a dark gray color choice when I went to High Contrast. Instead it deleted the picture and just went black and white. This is not what I want or need but now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn the God forsaken SOB
    OFF. It simply will not return to whatever non-High Contrast mode is called . Please Help.

DragonSlayerZ28, Mar 16, 2017
  3. How do I darken text in Windows 10

Have you tried a High Contrast Setting theme? If not see - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13862/windows-use-high-contrast-mode
    which may help you.

I think there is a typo in the article. In the W10 section it says search for 'High contrast settings', but on my 1709 .309 build, I seem to need to search for 'High-contrast settings' with a hyphen.

Or maybe a Color Filter, as this article - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041722/windows-10-use-color-filters may assist.

Is that what you mean?

George222(2), Mar 16, 2017
Thema:

Windows thinks high contrast is on when it isn't

1. Windows thinks high contrast is on when it isn't - Similar Threads - thinks high contrast

2. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  3. High Contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Contrast: high contrast has been turned off, but some applications are still on, and there is no solution anywhere, not even on the official website, except for drivers and whatever, everything has been updated, and how do I know my drivers are not compatible, windows is forcing me to...
  4. High contrast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  5. High contrast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High contrast: Hi, i wanted to change my high contrast settings and i went to custom settings and accidentaly changed all the things like background, text all of that stuff to white and now all my screen is white and i can't change it back and can't use the computer normallyPls help!...
  6. High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off: High contrast colors keep appearing in file explorer and many other windows apps, but things like taskbar and edge don't have these colors. High contrast mode is off. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears, but not always. It's really annoying and it seems to only happen on my...
  7. High Contrast

High Contrast: I have a vision issue. Viewing webpages in High Contrast mode makes it much easier on my eyes. I demo software online for my job. When doing this I can not demo in high contrast mode because I need the customer to see what they are buying. I have tow monitors. Is it possible...
  8. high contrast feature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high contrast feature: online banking drops off when using high contrast option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-contrast-feature/7c7f7af5-a670-4562-b263-cd0f1951663c
  9. high contrast settings

high contrast settings: Is there a way to get normal color setting without high contrast just like windows 98 SE. 125154
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661