Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent?

Discus and support Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I first noticed this problem when my automatic time zone for some reason jumped ahead to Central European Time when I'm actually in US Eastern Time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dav23, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Dav23 Win User

So I first noticed this problem when my automatic time zone for some reason jumped ahead to Central European Time when I'm actually in US Eastern Time. Opening up the Maps and Weather apps pinpoints my location to a city in the Netherlands when I've literally never stepped foot in Europe before. I tried resetting my modem/router but it didn't solve anything, but then I discovered it was a Windows/Microsoft problem.

Trying to determine my location with any Microsoft app or involving one would point me to the same Dutch city, but using a non-Microsoft product would correctly place me in the US e.g. Using even Google Maps in Edge would place me in Europe, but using it in Firefox/Chrome would show my correct location. Searching up my IP address also correctly shows my location. Restarting and updating to 1803 my computer and flushing my DNS via cmd has not fixed the issue, and even switching to an entirely different internet connection via my phone's hotspot doesn't do anything either so I'm currently at a loss as what to do.

:)

Dav23, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

Windows Suddenly Thinks I'm My 9 Year Old Son.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Did you change your account to a Microsoft Account?
    • Which email ID did you provide to change your account to a Microsoft Account?
    • Do you get two different accounts in the login screen?

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account from the steps provided below and manage the account from the built-in admin account.

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Change the account type which is turned as a Child Account.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I'm having a microphone problem in 2 different computers (laptop and desktop).

Hi Márcio,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your Microphone?
    • What is the model of your Laptop and Desktop?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any Hardware and Software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent? - Similar Threads - thinks I'm entirely

2. windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10: I was updating Windows 10 it restarted then did some more then restarted again and now says unable to get back to Windows no restore point was made can't repair problem - turn computer off and throw away....
  3. Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wallpaper Slideshow not working: After the last Windows update, desktop slideshow is not working. I tried even after a clean installation of Win 10 Pro 64bit. If the time is set to 1 min, then the wallpapers are changing. However, if it is 10 min, then after one change of wallpaper, it is not moving to the...
  4. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  5. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!: I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed...
  6. Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 since 1803 cant ping (most of the time) by ipv6 or rdp?: I have a problem with my desktop since i ran the update to 1803..If i do a ping machinename (in this case a 2016 server).. it will say cannot find host name.. if i keep hammering it, eventually one ping might go through.Same deal with RDP. My network consists of a netgear...
  7. Windows 10 Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Screen Flickering: My screen flickers on and off when I am doing random things, it wasn't like this before. How can I fix this issue? I am on windows 10 laptop and also docking station. 116304
  8. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not recognizing .OTF font (Helvetica Neue) and won't add to fonts: I'm trying to install a set of Helvetica Neue fonts, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize the file format? What can I do to install OpenType font files on Windows 10?[IMG]...
  10. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....