Windows 10: Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent?

Discus and support Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I first noticed this problem when my automatic time zone for some reason jumped ahead to Central European Time when I'm actually in US Eastern Time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dav23, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Dav23 Win User

Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent?

So I first noticed this problem when my automatic time zone for some reason jumped ahead to Central European Time when I'm actually in US Eastern Time. Opening up the Maps and Weather apps pinpoints my location to a city in the Netherlands when I've literally never stepped foot in Europe before. I tried resetting my modem/router but it didn't solve anything, but then I discovered it was a Windows/Microsoft problem.

Trying to determine my location with any Microsoft app or involving one would point me to the same Dutch city, but using a non-Microsoft product would correctly place me in the US e.g. Using even Google Maps in Edge would place me in Europe, but using it in Firefox/Chrome would show my correct location. Searching up my IP address also correctly shows my location. Restarting and updating to 1803 my computer and flushing my DNS via cmd has not fixed the issue, and even switching to an entirely different internet connection via my phone's hotspot doesn't do anything either so I'm currently at a loss as what to do.

:)

Dav23, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Eeshwar Kumar Win User

Windows Suddenly Thinks I'm My 9 Year Old Son.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Did you change your account to a Microsoft Account?
    • Which email ID did you provide to change your account to a Microsoft Account?
    • Do you get two different accounts in the login screen?

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account from the steps provided below and manage the account from the built-in admin account.

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Change the account type which is turned as a Child Account.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert with necessary information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I'm having a microphone problem in 2 different computers (laptop and desktop).

Hi Márcio,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your Microphone?
    • What is the model of your Laptop and Desktop?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any Hardware and Software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent?

1. Windows thinks I'm in an entirely different continent? - Similar Threads - thinks I'm entirely

2. PC says I'm in a different country when I'm not

in Windows 10 Support
    PC says I'm in a different country when I'm not: So since a few days ago my PC has been really weird. First of all it wouldnt connect to my wifi properly, then i was on chrome a few days later and it said i was in holland ( I'm in the UK), then it said i was in the seychelles. some sites seemed to think the former, and some...
  3. hardware continous problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hardware continous problem: Hi Every time I turn on the computer windows warns me about problems with a USB controller, as well as Series/C216 Chipset Family PCI Express root port 6 1E1A been disabled. I have used the automatic correction several times and reboot, but the problem continues. I have...
  4. Windows thinks it's installed on a different drive. Cause of BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows thinks it's installed on a different drive. Cause of BSOD?: Edit: My last post on this thread contains all the most recent information regarding the current state of my machine and Windows 10 installation. Random hangs (not BSOD) once every 1~3 days while gaming. Thought it related to OC so decided to incrementally lower the...
  5. Continous BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continous BSoD: Hello, Its been few weeks since my BSoD problem appear. Im using same setup for more than 2 years and before that i got BSoD not more than 3 times. I attached my system report and can prove any other info or report as soon as possible. 57814
  6. Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 thinks I'm not connected to wireless network: Good evening, I've just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on a brand new laptop and downloaded a few programs - Firefox, Chrome, iTunes and so on. I've also installed BullGuard as I got a 12 month subscription with the laptop. For some reason, my laptop seems to...
  7. I'm thinking of moving from W7 to W10 pretty soon

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm thinking of moving from W7 to W10 pretty soon: Hello ... At the moment, I'm running W7 Professional on a 32bit machine (10 years old) but I'm thinking of buying a new faster 64bit computer with a 250gig SSD and 16gig of RAM. This will be a custom-build machine and I have the option of installing my W7Pro 64bit or a new...
  8. Move entire Start Menu to different monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Move entire Start Menu to different monitor: I have a dual monitor setup and all of a sudden, when I open the Start Menu, it appears on the second monitor. How do I move it back to the primary monitor. I am using Display Fusion to manage my monitors 57695
  9. I'm thinking about going back to Windows 7 but have questions

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm thinking about going back to Windows 7 but have questions: If any of you read my post about going back to win 7 on the Sevenforum Win 7 sorry to make you read it again but I wanted to check everything before making a big dive and starting all over. Since I had Win 10 I have had issues, Microsoft has remotely connected to my system...
  10. Microsoft thinks I'm using Windows 8 - email to my MSA

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft thinks I'm using Windows 8 - email to my MSA: I've spared you the images - I'm sure we all know what Windows 8 looked like! Here's the text of the email Microsoft sent me today: Meet the new Windows From: Windows (windows@communication.microsoft.com) 10/07/2015 To: @myMSA Get to know the new Windows...