Windows 10: Windows to be called Windows 10

Discus and support Windows to be called Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; According to the latest news Windows 9 will Be called windows 10. Source Wow. . .didn't see that coming. . .*What*Doh*Thumbs 1898 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Lee, Sep 29, 2014.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Windows to be called Windows 10

According to the latest news Windows 9 will Be called windows 10. Source

Wow. . .didn't see that coming. . .*What*Doh*Thumbs

:)

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Sep 29, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Sep 29, 2014
  4. Windows to be called Windows 10

So it appears that this will be the LAST full client release of Windows. From hereon in, it will be an updatable, serviceable-product that gets altered monthly. Sounds more like the rapid release cycle of Firefox and Chrome.

What I wonder is, how long will a single version/release stay supported? It appears that akin to Chrome, you will be pushed to the updated Windows 10 revisions when they are updated.

Jody Thornton, Sep 29, 2014
  5. Windows Nine Ten Forums ?

alphanumeric, Sep 29, 2014
  6. davehc Win User
    Stand firm. I am of the opinion it may be Windows X

davehc, Sep 29, 2014
  7. Well it seems the "10" moniker is being revealed.

Jody Thornton, Sep 29, 2014
  8. Windows to be called Windows 10

It looks like the name change has started already. My forum e-mail notifications now say "From: Windows 10 Forums".

alphanumeric, Sep 29, 2014
  9. x = 10

alkaufmann, Sep 29, 2014
  10. ARC1020 Win User
    Dammit, had all my "Windows NEIN!" jokes lined up as well. *Biggrin

ARC1020, Sep 29, 2014
  11. Mooly Win User
    Yea, I clicked on a post a few minutes ago and got taken to a new login screen with a big Windows 10 banner. I tried my Nine Forums password and it just took me back to here.

Couldn't bring that 10 forum home page screen up again. It had a handful of subforums on view.

Have I seen something I shouldn't *Cool

Mooly, Sep 29, 2014
  12. Phone Man Win User
    This is the new Windows 10 Forum. It was the old Nine Forums and is being updated to reflect the new name. The URL has changed but all the old content is still here. As the Windows 10 name was just released today I am sure John is having a great time updating this forum.
    Looks good so far.

Jim *Party

Phone Man, Sep 29, 2014
  13. Windows to be called Windows 10

Seriously, it can be called Windows X. I don't know how to feel about that...

Coke Robot, Sep 29, 2014
  14. labeeman Win User
    Could solve one of M$ biggest problems (up grade from XP to ? because it will no longer be supported) that is if W10 will not expire.

labeeman, Sep 30, 2014
  15. unifex Win User
    It can't possibly be the last OS they release. Eventually the hardware will evolve and the codebase of W10 will become outdated. I can't predict what will happen, but OS is a relatively short-lived beast.

unifex, Sep 30, 2014
Thema:

Windows to be called Windows 10

1. Windows to be called Windows 10 - Similar Threads - called

2. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  3. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  4. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  6. Phone call by Microsoft

Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  7. Phone call by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...
  9. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...
  10. Games and calls doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games and calls doesn't work.: I just bought this computer with Windows 11 Home on, and the applications and calls are working until it doesn't work anymore, tried doing it again, nothing works, tried to turn off the firewall, nothing works, trying to do something about it but I can't even do calls or do...