Windows 10: Windows To Go 10 (TH2)

Discus and support Windows To Go 10 (TH2) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Alright, some of you may have seen my posts about venting my frustrations on (testing) Windows To Go creation. But let's get serious: Has any one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by x3mgroup, Nov 13, 2015.

1. x3mgroup Win User

Windows To Go 10 (TH2)

Alright, some of you may have seen my posts about venting my frustrations on (testing) Windows To Go creation.
    But let's get serious:

Has any one already done this with TH2, and what are your findings.

We are using the following:

1. The source, it's from MSDN
    (cause the VLSC is still not available! so we don't know, for sure, if there's a difference)

Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1511 (x86) - DVD (English)
    File Name: en_windows_10_enterprise_version_1511_x86_dvd_7224912.iso
    Languages:English
    SHA1:E724AC3B79632BF4F4AE3D978903BAD73B2DD520
    2. DestinationA 120GB USB (2.0/3.0) attached SSD drive
    We always have used this setup without any issues (with Windows 8.1 and 10 bld.10240)
    3. The tool
    "Windows To Go" from the "Control Panel"
    4. Result (=failed)The creation of WTG went without any issue, but on booting from it (from USB) we get the following error:Windows could not load required file WinSetup.dll
    The file may be corrupt. To install Windows, restart the installation
    Error code 0x7E
    So again, has anyone already/also has been testing this, and if so what's your experience, did you have had any issues? and if so what have you done to fix it (if any)

:)

x3mgroup, Nov 13, 2015

2. How to install and activate Windows 10 using your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key

With build 1511, that issue should also be resolved although I am going to be honest, I have not tested it but others have confirmed. I am going to link you to some resources for more information:

Updating your (UEFI) BIOS and Optimising (UEFI) BIOS Settings for Windows 10 TH2:

Updating your (UEFI) BIOS and Optimising (UEFI) BIOS Settings for Windows 10 TH2

This also has a tutorial video.

Download Windows 10 TH2 OEM and Retail .iso:

Redirect – The Unofficial Windows 10 Reinstallation Guide

I am planning to make a tutorial video of this.

Download Windows 10 TH2 OEM and Retail .iso Direct Links for Older Versions of Windows and Linux:

Download Windows 7, 8.1, 10 TH2 OEM and Retail .iso and Prepare a Bootable USB on Linux

Andre Da Costa, Nov 13, 2015
  3. S'eko Win User
    Windows 10 mobile Anniversary Update

I am using a Lumia 435 running Windows 10 Mobile TH2 Build 10586.494. Is this build the last build for TH2?

S'eko, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Windows To Go 10 (TH2)

There are several ways to create a windows to go - usb..

I do not have or need Enterprise OS to create windows to go..

One just needs to apply the install.wim to a NTFS formatted USB
    then run the bcdboot command for the windows installation to the USB partition..

There you go MBR bootable windows to go on USB

5. mike s Win User
    I have the original Win10 Home release installed as ToGo on an external SSD via USB3.

I would like to update it quickly to TH2. I see that this can be done on a regular installation by downloading the TH2 ISO and performing an in-place upgrade.

What about ToGo? How would the installer function when being invoked from a running ToGo system - specifically, is there any danger of unwanted "accidental" modification of the host machine (bootloader, etc).

mike s, Nov 13, 2015
  6. x3mgroup Win User
    Appreciate your reply, i know about all the alternate ways to create a "Windows To Go" from any version (even from a Server version)

But what i NOW need to check if anyone using the Microsoft way with TH2 has encountered the same issues!

So, have you done it?

x3mgroup, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows To Go 10 (TH2)

1. Windows To Go 10 (TH2) - Similar Threads - TH2

2. [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [BSoD] BSoD happened when upgrade from TH2 to RS4: Our software contains optical drive driver, recently, we found that it may cause BSoD when upgrade OS from TH2 to RS4. it shows that the driver file is corrupted. We have two version driver, the two driver does not have any code difference, the only difference is one is...
  3. Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Option to stop automatic driver updates is GONE in TH2???: So on RTM build, you used to have these options: [img] But now, in TH2, you only have this: [img] Is anyone else annoyed that Microsoft seems to be PURPOSELY REMOVING more and more of users' choice... Is it going to be like this every single update? If...
  4. Favorite bar icons changed save order after TH2 update - Help

in Browsers and Email
    Favorite bar icons changed save order after TH2 update - Help: Using Win10 x64 with IE11, and after the latest major update(TH2) immediately I noticed that whenever I save anything in “fav bar” it now saves and the icon appears from left-hand side… Earlier any saves I did the icons started from right-side/far end side of the fav. bar....
  5. Windows Feedback App went missing after TH2 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Feedback App went missing after TH2 update.: Hi there, I have a problem. Few weeks ago I have upgraded to Windows 10 TH2. After some time I have noticed that Windows Feedback app went missing, and I can't find a way to install it back. I tried searching for it at the store, it's not there. I have tried Powershell...
  6. Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...: Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: ​ Can't update to TH2 Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows"). [img] So now I have a...
  7. Soon™: The next Level......10.0.10587.th2

in Windows 10 News
    Soon™: The next Level......10.0.10587.th2: Soon™: The next Level......10.0.10587.th2 *Wink [img] 10.0.10587.0.th2.151111-1718 46049
  8. Everything busted in TH2 Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything busted in TH2 Update.: The latest TH2 update that came out today broke Everything search. I tried the official and beta versions. 32 and 64 bit versions too. They will no longer index the C: just my D: partion. It would otherwise keep telling me to run the Everything service which I do and C: is...
  9. TH2 Ate My Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 Ate My Settings: I've updated two PCs from a 10586 MCT download this week, on one I chose to download updates, on the other I didn't. Both got settings reset, which I thought the further update was meant to fix. I will add to this list as I find them... New folders created for...
  10. TH2 settings

in Windows 10 Support
    TH2 settings: I just upgraded to TH2. When I click on All Settings then one of the options, it takes forever to respond. What could be the problem? 34228