Windows 10: Windows to go installation - will it update ??

Discus and support Windows to go installation - will it update ?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there I'm going to try this on a Windows to Go installation -- hopefully somebody can save me time by saying whether this will work or not. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014.

  1. jimbo45 Win User

    Windows to go installation - will it update ??


    Hi there

    I'm going to try this on a Windows to Go installation -- hopefully somebody can save me time by saying whether this will work or not. I know you have to go from Windows Enterprise to Windows Enterprise - but whether it will update a Windows to Go installation is a moot point.


    Anyway if no one posts I'll let people know whether it works or whether you have to re-create a Windows to Go system again from new.

    Cheers

    jimbo

    :)
     
    jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
    #1

  2. I want to know will it be clean installation of Windows 10 or my files and programms will be kept?

    That was really quick, thank You! I appreciate that.

    One more question if I may - will it be possible to perform a clean installation of Windows 10?
     
    Aleksandrs Smirnovs, Oct 2, 2014
    #2
  3. I want to know will it be clean installation of Windows 10 or my files and programms will be kept?

    I want to know will it be clean installation of Windows 10 or my files and programms will be kept?
     
    Aleksandrs Smirnovs, Oct 2, 2014
    #3
Thema:

Windows to go installation - will it update ??

Loading...
  1. Windows to go installation - will it update ?? - Similar Threads - installation update

  2. Windows 11 Emoji Panel Loses GIF Support Until Users Install June Update That Replaces...

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Emoji Panel Loses GIF Support Until Users Install June Update That Replaces...: Microsoft has confirmed that Windows 11 users running versions 24H2, 25H2, and 26H1 will see a "GIF service is not available" error in the emoji panel unless they install a recent update. This information comes from a Windows release health dashboard notice. The problem...
  3. NTLite Update Lets Users Strip Copilot and AI Features From Windows 11 25H2 Installation Images

    in Windows 10 News
    NTLite Update Lets Users Strip Copilot and AI Features From Windows 11 25H2 Installation Images: NTLite, a free Windows customization tool, has released version 2026.04.10936, which now includes the option to remove AI features such as Copilot and Windows Recall from Windows 11 25H2 installation images. The update also introduces faster, multi-threaded extraction,...
  4. Windows 11 Setup Now Lets You Skip the Update Installation Step

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Setup Now Lets You Skip the Update Installation Step: Microsoft has introduced a change to the Windows 11 out-of-box setup experience that lets users skip the update installation step during initial PC setup. The option is now generally available after months of testing with select groups, according to Aria, a Microsoft engineer...
  5. Unable to launch the Java Update installer [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to launch the Java Update installer [Fix]: [ATTACH]While updating Java, if you encounter an error message that says “Unable to launch the Java Update installer,” here is how to fix it in Windows 11. This article provides all possible reasons and solutions to resolve this Java update error within moments. The entire...
  6. Non-ESU Windows 10 can’t pause updates anymore, including if Windows 11 install starts...

    in Windows 10 News
    Non-ESU Windows 10 can’t pause updates anymore, including if Windows 11 install starts...: Windows 10 PCs that aren’t enrolled in the Extended Security Updates (ESU) scheme are, weirdly enough, no longer capable of pausing updates. The “Pause updates for 7 days” option appears to be faded. This also happens when you accidentally start the Windows 11 upgrade. You...
  7. Windows 10 KB5068781 ESU update released, direct download links for offline installer (.msu)

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5068781 ESU update released, direct download links for offline installer (.msu): Windows 10 KB5068781 is now available for everyone enrolled in Extended Security Updates (ESU). You won’t see this important security update unless you sign up for the ESU program. However, in some edge cases, you may not be able to use the Windows 10 extended updates...
  8. I have a problem with Windows 11 version 24H2 x64-based updates failing to install.

    in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a problem with Windows 11 version 24H2 x64-based updates failing to install.: I have a problem with Windows 11 version 24H2 x64-based updates failing to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-windows-11-version-24h2-x64/28a0be13-a74d-48dc-829d-a053d9ce68a5
  9. I have a problem with Windows 11 version 24H2 x64-based updates failing to install.

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a problem with Windows 11 version 24H2 x64-based updates failing to install.: I have a problem with Windows 11 version 24H2 x64-based updates failing to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-with-windows-11-version-24h2-x64/28a0be13-a74d-48dc-829d-a053d9ce68a5
  10. Taskbar disappears after installing the Windows Update KB5039302

    in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappears after installing the Windows Update KB5039302: I recently encountered an issue where my taskbar disappeared after installing the Windows Update: “2025-06 Aperçu de la mise à jour cumulative pour Windows 11 Version 24H2 pour les systèmes x64 KB5060829”Problem:Taskbar completely disappeared.Tried without successRestarting...