Windows 10: Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

Discus and support Windows Tracking Disable Tool? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is this safe? http://www.myce.com/news/developer-c...dows-10-76896/ I really don't like the idea of Microsoft tracking everything I do. 16954 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by possom2009, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

possom2009, Aug 16, 2015

2. Disable Google Tracking

Hello Thomas,

If you are referring to any apps by Google, I suggest you to post your concern in the concerned Forums for better assistance on the same.

Google Product
    Forums

Hope it helps.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Disable Google Tracking

I have Windows 10 and I have a question on tracking. Could someone tell me how to disable Google tracking. I have tried the pop up way and it doesn't seem to work. I would like to do this for the tracking history and for the present. Hope someone can help.
    Thanks in advance.

Original Title: Google Tracking

ThomasHigginsWP, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

possom2009, Aug 18, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Google and Facebook is even worse, you can't escape, Tin Foil Fan Club BEWARE, Resistance is futile....*chuckle

Cliff S, Aug 18, 2015
  6. altae Win User
    altae, Aug 18, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
  8. Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

possom2009, Aug 19, 2015
  9. Joergi Win User
    There are a few tools around currently. I have not tested them and basically I consider each and every one of them to be unsafe. There have for example been reports about DoNotSpy10. While it claims that it would help protect your privacy, it by default installs another software called OpenCandy. This software by several antivirus manufacturers is flagged as unwanted software. It scans your PC and "offers" you even more junk to install.

What I have heard is that Christian Taubenheim, the developer of xp-AntiSpy, wants to revive his great tool. This would be something I would try out.

Joergi, Aug 19, 2015
  10. You can use any tool you want, apparently it will not stop Windows 10 at all.

A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 - root@localghost:~#

For the record, I have disabled various logging, services and tasks and I have noticed one running.
    It can not be disabled (as the only one), so I deleted it and it no longer runs. Maybe it was responsible?

Once removed, it can not be restored, probably used by MS account, so do not just blindly remove it.

Code: schtasks /DELETE /TN "Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\BackgroundUploadTask" /F[/quote] Not to mention mobsync.exe, which runs regularly, until you take all the ownership out of it. *chuckle

TairikuOkami, Aug 20, 2015
  11. altae Win User
    For me it's not a general problem that Windows communicates with MS servers. It's just a question of how much and which info is actually transmitted. We all use lot's of third party tools that also communicate with their servers and one cannot really tell what info they transmit. So I like tools like O&O Shutup10 because the facilitate how I can disable all the feedback options that exist in Windows. I definitely know that I cannot completely stop communication between Windows and MS servers or between third party tools and their servers. But at least I've got some control. If one cannot live with that I'm afraid the only solution is to learn how to code and start using Linux because only with coding knowledge and open source software one is actually able to interpret and stop communication between a certain software and it's developer/ distributor.

By the way Shutup10 does not install anything, actually it's a portable app that does not even needs installation itself. And if one is really scared of what it might communicate it is possible to completely block it's access to the internet using a software firewall.

altae, Aug 20, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    I'm just curious, Is it just a "One stop" tool(like Ccleaner is to cleaning) to turn the things off that you can do in Win10(admittedly, if you can find them) or does it mess with the registry and firewall(which are almost holy to me)?

Cliff S, Aug 21, 2015
  13. jds63 Win User

Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

Facebook, yes. I hate when people ask you to play games on Facebook. What the heck is Tin Foil Club ?

jds63, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Another "good" an simple Program is DoNotSpy 10.

Cluster Head, Aug 21, 2015
  15. Joergi Win User
    DoNotSpy10 brings Adware and unwanted crap. I personally consider this tool to be junkware itself.

I strongly advise everyone against using it and recommend not to install it!

Joergi, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Windows Tracking Disable Tool?

1. Windows Tracking Disable Tool? - Similar Threads - Tracking Disable Tool

2. Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reboots every night, unable to track/disable this: Hello,I've read similar posts but have yet to find the source causing my computer to reboot every single night without fail unless I put it in sleep mode as a test. This has been happening for, I believe, the past couple of months now, after years of having no issues leaving...
  3. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  4. Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling a laptop's keyboard and track pad: I'm on a laptop and I want to disable the keyboard and trackpad on in because I'm using external ones through a USB connection. How can I do that?...
  5. how to disable smart package tracking

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable smart package tracking: I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-smart-package-tracking/9250af64-5db4-49d8-a486-9376ffd3c853
  6. Fully disable track pad gestures??!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fully disable track pad gestures??!?!?: I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I am at my wits end with this issue. I recently purchased an Onn 11.6in Windows tablet. It is working pretty decently except for one major annoyance. I cannot get the gestures to stop on the track pad. Unfortunately the track pad is...
  7. how to disable smart package tracking

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable smart package tracking: I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-smart-package-tracking/b456e02e-5c04-466f-bfc0-3a8140ce9d39
  8. Windows Removed Ability to Disable Track Pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Removed Ability to Disable Track Pad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their track pad. What in the world are you thinking, Microsoft?...
  9. CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CUE Tools - convert CUE file to tracks or tracks to single audio file: Hi there This old program still works in W10. If you want to convert a load of tracks to a single audio file or you have a .cue file with say .ape / .mp3 or whatever and you want to convert it back into Tracks again then this program CUETOOLS works a treat. Free...
  10. Track releases on the Media Creation Tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Track releases on the Media Creation Tool?: Hello, Is there a way I can track the ISO releases on the Media Creation Tool?I mean, most of the times I download a ISO from the Media Creation Tool, I late realize that a new version has not be released and I have downloaded the version I already have.Please let me know if...