Windows 10: Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue

Discus and support Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all. I hope I'm able to get some help here. Been banging my head against the wall for days. This all started this past week when I attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaritimerJ, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue

Hi all. I hope I'm able to get some help here. Been banging my head against the wall for days.

This all started this past week when I attempted to run Hearthstone on my laptop as I normally would but got hit with a crash log. Took that to their tech support forums and they've not been able to help so I'm starting to think it's a Windows 10 issue.

3 major warning signs:

My .Net framework doesnt appear to be up to date. When I run the repair tool anything past 4.0 gives me an error during the check and when I manually try installing the updates past 4.0 my computer tells me I have the latest update of .Net framework already installed. Was able to pinpoint this particular issue while dealing with Hearthstone Deck Tracker...an external software..was not able to open nor reinstall the program, stating there was a problem with my .Net framework.

As for Windows Troubleshooter. Anytime I run it now (I've tried troubleshooting Windows issues during these past few days) I get hit with the following message: "An unexpected error has occurred. The troubleshooting wizard can't continue." Viewing the error details, the context is "restricted".

Also I've attempted and failed a windows update both automatically and manually with no success. I'd hate to have to do a fresh W10 install but that's what it's started to look like I'll have to do.

:)

MaritimerJ, Jun 29, 2017
  2. JerryLippey, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jun 29, 2017
  4. Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue

If a mod could please delete that last post, I'm unable to edit it without my web browser locking up on me.
    Hope this attachment works
    DxDiag.txt

MaritimerJ, Jun 29, 2017
  5. daikin990 Win User
    daikin990, Jun 29, 2017
  6. I had done that somewhere along the way, I'll post what I see states in my registry:

v2.0.50727
    v3.0
    v3.5
    v4
    v4.0

Based on this, it would seem quite a few are missing. When I had seen this initially, I then went on to try to manually install the later version. Didn't work, said they were already present on the computer.

MaritimerJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue

1. Windows Troubleshooter / .Net Framework Issue - Similar Threads - Troubleshooter Net Framework

2. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .NET Framework issue: Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quite the application will close immediately. Could not load load file or assembly '2529792 bytes...
  3. Microsoft .NET Framework issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .NET Framework issue: Microsoft .NET FrameworkUnhandled exception has occurred in your application.If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.If you click quite the application will close immediately. Could not load load file or assembly '2529792 bytes...
  4. .NET framework and Kernelbase.dll issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .NET framework and Kernelbase.dll issue: Hello!I've got a problem with DR3900 Laboratory Spectrophotometer software application. The application launches normal. The problem comes when trying to create a new profile within the application software. It just crashes. I tried the following: Updating the Windows 10 Pro...
  5. .NET framework issue

.NET framework issue: In the Registry editior there isn't a v4.0 folder in the NET Framework\NDP folder yet when i try and download .NET v4.8 it is already installed on my computer? All of the support answers to resolve the install error require that i go to the V.4. folder but its not there How...
  6. How to troubleshoot .Net Framework registry problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to troubleshoot .Net Framework registry problems?: On this computer there are problems with .Net Framework that were not fixed by the .Net Framework troubleshooting links. Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.1139) The pop up and registry displayed: [img] How do you fix .Net...
  7. .NET Framework Issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .NET Framework Issues.: So, I'm on a HP Notebook laptop running the latest version of Windows 10, but recently I've been having trouble with .NET Framework features, whenever I tried downloading .NET Framework it would show an error called "HRESULT 0x80240017" , and there wasn't a way I could fix...
  8. .NET Framework Blocking Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Blocking Issue: I have an app that requires .NET Framework, but when I try to install it on Windows 10, its says that it's already a part of the OS, but is turned off. When I go to 'Turn Windows features on or off', I don't see .NET Framework listed. I've searched this forum, and while I...
  9. .net frameWork issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    .net frameWork issue: some programs that I normally run won't run with a popup that says either .net framework is not initialized or that it's not installed etc. etc. I go into my "turn windows features on or off" menu in control panel. It gives me for .net framework: .net environment, .NET...
  10. .NET Framework Issues

.NET Framework Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, This is my first time posting here so I hope I provide sufficient information. I have been some issues launching applications. Specifically, there are two video games on Steam that do not launch at all. If I launch them directly, I receive an...