Windows 10: Windows two options on start up.

Discus and support Windows two options on start up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed win10 on to my Brothers PC and kept getting the message `Inaccessible Boot Device` and was caught in a loop. I then downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sid1939, Sep 7, 2015.

1. sid1939 Win User

Windows two options on start up.

Hi,
    I have installed win10 on to my Brothers PC and kept getting the message `Inaccessible Boot Device` and was caught in a loop. I then downloaded the iso file on to a disc and re-installed successfully from there. However when we switch on the PC I get a screen which shows two boxes, One reads Win10 and the other Windows. When I click on Win10 the OS loads. How do I remove the other box?. I have installed Win10 on two other PC`s and have not seen this screen before.
    Many thanks for reading this ant advice would be appreciated.
    Sid.

:)

sid1939, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Clear options on start up screen.

Use Start Button - Settings - Your Account, pick the Sign in Option and follow the directions and you should be OK

Erdeslawe, Sep 7, 2015
  3. davmigal Win User
    Clear options on start up screen.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I have already tried to get rid of this "phantom" user account using sign in options with no success. Still trying other things.

davmigal, Sep 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

You can see what you can do by running msconfig and checking out the boot options. You should be able to delete that selection.

HTH
    And welcome to the forums.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 7, 2015
  5. sid1939 Win User
    Hi Jeff,
    Many thanks for your reply and advice. It worked like a charm.
    Best regards,
    Sid.

sid1939, Sep 8, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad to hear..

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows two options on start up. - Similar Threads - options start

2. On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.: I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't available in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power button...
  3. On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my windows 11 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu.: I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't available in Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Choose what the power button...
  4. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  5. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?: My Laptop has had two sign-in options and honestly I forgot the password but have finally remembered the pattern on the picture password to open it up but challenge now is; it is not giving me the option to have even the sign-in options but rather only to input password of...
  6. Why is the sign-in option at the start of the Laptop no longer showing?

7. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  8. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop: There is a print job stuck in the queue but the print folder is cleared out and the print spooler does not allow me to start/stop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-print-queue-if-the-print-spooler-does/5bf303a5-77a6-47ef-bdd9-0112ad98d871
  9. How to clear print queue if the print spooler does not give me the option to start/stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop

Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop: I also have a desktop with windows 11 and when I attempt to follow the instructions on how to disable the pin option, the disabled button is greyed out and unable to select it. Why do I have to have a pin option to sign into my own computer in my home. These tech companies...