Windows 10: Windows: Uninstall or change a program

Discus and support Windows: Uninstall or change a program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All I had an error code in Adobe CC. After locating the error code of 301 on their website, they advice uninstalling their products then run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinUK, Jan 20, 2018.

1. KevinUK Win User

Windows: Uninstall or change a program

Hi All

I had an error code in Adobe CC. After locating the error code of 301 on their website, they advice uninstalling their products then run their CC Cleaner Tool. The problem that I have encountered a problem through the "Uninstall or change a program" module. Whilst trying to uninstall each feature I get a error message for each feature, the one below is for Lightroom CC.

But the programs run OK from the start menu, does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Kevin

:)

KevinUK, Jan 20, 2018

2. uninstall or change a program

I continue to receive a notice that "Navigation to webpage was cancelled" says for me to refresh page.

HELP ME PLEASE!! I guess I am not refreshing to right page. I am unable to resolve this issue.

HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE!! I am unable to install another program until this one is uninstalled. it is a matter of life or death for this laptop if I am unable to install this other program.

PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE !!

conniehelton, Jan 20, 2018
  3. uninstall or change a program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

- When exactly are you getting this error message?

- Which program are you referring to?

- Do you get this error message on internet explorer?

- How are you trying to uninstall the program?

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Jan 20, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Have you tried reinstalling and uninstalling?

Presumably the CC Cleaner Tool is a manual uninstaller tool. Have you actually run that? Your comments seem to refer simply to trying to uninstall the program normally.

Otherwise try Revo uninstaller. You can point it at an exe in a program folder and use its force uninstall mode. However, this does not guarantee complete uninstallation of a complex program, and sometimes needs repeating starting with different exe's in different folders.

As to the error message, the program runs, but it sounds like some registry info needed for uninstallation is corrupt.

dalchina, Jan 20, 2018
  5. KevinUK Win User
    Hi dalchina

Thanks for the Revo uninstaller, that did the trick.

KevinUK, Jan 22, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great, it's a popular tool. I routinely use Geek uninstaller (free) when uninstalling programs- it does a scan afterwards.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows: Uninstall or change a program - Similar Threads - Uninstall change program

2. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall or change a program looks weird: Uninstall or change a program looks weird, the colours are messed up, and I have to look really hard just to read the name of the applications, the problem only occurs when layout is set to Details, any other layout looks normal.I know a simple fix would be to just not use...
  3. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall or change a program looks weird: Uninstall or change a program looks weird, the colours are messed up, and I have to look really hard just to read the name of the applications, the problem only occurs when layout is set to Details, any other layout looks normal.I know a simple fix would be to just not use...
  4. Uninstall or change a program looks weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uninstall or change a program is not opening from the toolbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall or change a program is not opening from the toolbar: i'm not able to access "uninstall or change a program " from the toolbar. To understand this problem i'm attaching a video link. please check it out. Link : https://youtu.be/FITYBh_C_eI...
  6. uninstall or change a program is not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall or change a program is not opening: I'm trying to open " uninstall or change a program " through the quick access ribbon in 'This PC ' but its not working. plz help! i'm sharing a video link of that problem, i had record it. here is the link : https://youtu.be/_DB4_0pR10I...
  7. Program will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program will not uninstall: I have found the program Carbonite (a cloud backup app) really slows down my computer. Yet when I attempt to uninstall it, nothing happens. I have tried the uninstall in settings as well as control panel. The program is occupying disc space yet I cannot open it. I am...
  8. "Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features"

"Uninstall or change a Program" doesn't open "Programs and Features": Recently, I noticed that when I click the "Uninstall or change a Program" button, "Apps and Features" in the Settings window opens rather than the "Programs and Features" window it always was. I preferred that window as it showed more programs and gave more details. Is there...
  9. Change location of program without uninstalling & reinstalling?

Change location of program without uninstalling & reinstalling?: Hi: I accidentally installed game into my Start Menu; i.e. it's installed into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games. I would like to have it installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Games. Does anyone know how I could either 1) make the changes in the...
  10. Windows 10 Update (Uninstall/Change A Program)

Windows 10 Update (Uninstall/Change A Program): I just upgrade my computer and done a fresh install, and I have noticed when I go to My Computer, and click on "Uninstall or Change A Program" the button takes me to the Settings page. Is there a fix for this? 81544