Windows 10: Windows upate - - Rotation Lock button missing

Discus and support Windows upate - - Rotation Lock button missing in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Using Acer switch hybrid laptop and after the last update the Rotation Lock button is missing from the action center. Reinstalled display drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Craige, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Craige Win User

Windows upate - - Rotation Lock button missing

Using Acer switch hybrid laptop and after the last update the Rotation Lock button is missing from the action center.
    Reinstalled display drivers, manually activated rotation hoping the button might reappear and done each and everything as per Google search but the button is still missing *Sad

Any tricks you all might want to suggest ?

:)

Craige, Sep 15, 2016

2. 'Rotation Lock' could not be clicked

I got a problem just now regarding the 'rotation lock' button on the corner of the windows. I tried to do tablet mode in a portrait way and I locked the rotation mode. It worked fine till I wanted to switch it back. The 'rotation lock' button did not work.
    I could not press it as well as I could not automatically make my laptop change from landscape to portrait vice versa again. I opened the display setting and the button for adjusting the 'rotation lock' mode could not be clicked anymore. Thank you

Yogyastuti LuhurDarojat, Sep 15, 2016
  3. BurtoRo Win User
    screen rotation Windows 10

windows 10 TABLET screen rotation does not work, rotation lock missing in action center.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

BurtoRo, Sep 15, 2016
  4. Craige Win User

No solutions from anybody *Sad

Craige, Sep 19, 2016
  5. Greetings. I can try to help.

If you could give me your build number, that would be helpful. You can get this by doing the following:
    - Press the Windows Key and the 'R' Key simultaneously.
    - Type 'winver'
    - You should get this:

Windows upate - - Rotation Lock button missing [​IMG]

The numbers highlighted are your Build Number.

Additionally, how long have you been running Windows 10? Did this computer come with Windows 10-preinstalled or did it have Windows 8 or a previous version on it?

Michaelvas17, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    @Craige:
    Could the button be turned off?

Edwin, Sep 30, 2016
  7. Craige Win User
    Build No. 14393.222 (Latest)
    Laptop came with win10. (But already reformatted and installed fresh copy long back)

Offcourse its cannot be that it turned off ! No such option exists here.

Also, tried all workarounds mentioned here:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

Craige, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows upate - - Rotation Lock button missing - Similar Threads - upate Rotation Lock

2. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  3. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation lock: Rotation lock in windows 11 - surface pro 7 - doesn't respond to be activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/6adccc37-bef3-4602-b2a5-5e084f48d66d
  4. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotation lock: I have an inspiron 11 3000. How do you remove the rotation lock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rotation-lock/88ab1fcf-c528-4289-a8db-545592ca7a9d
  5. rotation lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    rotation lock: I'm interested in enabling the detaching tablet to rotate orientation from Landscape to Portrait. The rotation lock -under 'Settings', as per 'Help'- won't allow that. Why?...
  6. Rotation lock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rotation lock: Hello, I have a 360 HP laptop, windows 10, and it just stopped rotating and turning into tablet mode when i change it's position. When I go to the action center, the rotation lock is all of the sudden greyed out, and when I checked tablet mode's settings, the "Make Windows...
  7. grey unreponsive ROTATION LOCK BUTTON

grey unreponsive ROTATION LOCK BUTTON: How can I switch on the Rotation Lock? It is grey and not responding. The tutorials were confusing! I want to put my laptop on its side but everyone sees me sideways! Hope someone can help!...
  8. Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.

Rotation Lock missing, Auto-rotate doesn't work.: My SP3 just performed an update. Now the Rotation Lock is missing from the Action Center and Auto-rotate does not work. How can I fix this issue?...
  9. rotation lock

rotation lock: How do I set the rotation lock off? currently, when I flip my computer around it does not automatically rotated the view on my display on the screen of my computer. I want it to automatically rotate and it does not. Currently when I access: settings, display, the option...
  10. Rotation Lock

Rotation Lock: I am using a HP pavilion x360 with Windows 10 preinstalled. Today the Windows 10 auto updated. After this update the rotation key is greyed out and the rotation on my system does not work. I have seen some posts with similar problems but none seem to have been answered by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rotation lock not found

2. missing rotation lock in action

3. Rotation Lock button missing

4. rotation lock button missing on acer tablet