Windows 10: Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues...

Discus and support Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the first time that windows asked me to reboot, in order to install the "april 2018 update" i started having various issues: -My start button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FabioCacciamani, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues...

Since the first time that windows asked me to reboot, in order to install the "april 2018 update" i started having various issues:

-My start button refuses to work completely.

-My mouse cursor keeps flashing busy endlessly.

-Some of my devices have become "generic" and even updating the drivers doesn't change a thing, preventing me from using them correctly.

(For the mouse flashing i've already done things like the ones descripted in that topic: Mouse Flashing Busy

and nothing of the above worked)

The only method that kept my laptop functional was to interrupt the updates on 1709 version, performing a rollback.

Recently, windows started to force Update itself even if the Update process was shut down and i was forced to keep rollbacking every 3-4 days, wearing out my SSD.

I need help.

:)

FabioCacciamani, Aug 13, 2018

2. Mouse Issues

Hi Nelth,

Issue as such can be a result of multiple device drivers installed to your computer. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to verify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of the mice that you're using on your device?
    • Have you tried using these mice to your other devices? If yes, are you experiencing the same issue?

In the meantime, if you have multiple mouse drivers installed on your device, we suggest that you uninstall them to correct any possible conflicts that may cause this issue. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and click on
      OK to open Device Manager window.
    • Expand Mice and other
      pointing
      devices category, right-click on the mouse
      driver, and click on Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Once done, restart your computer to apply the changes.

Note: Windows will automatically download the driver. If not, you can re-download the mouse driver on the manufacturer's website.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Zedrick Del, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 mouse issues

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

If the issue still persists, update the drivers for mouse by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Mice and other pointing devices’.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues...

Frustrating and annoying mouse issue

Hi,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having the issue, answer
    the following questions:

• Have you tried using a different mouse on your Windows 10 computer and see if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried using your mouse on a different computer and see if the same thing happens?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

There's a possibility that you're having a mouse issue due to an outdated mouse driver. We suggest that you download and install the latest mouse driver from the manufacturer's website and see if it helps. After ensuring that the correct driver is installed,
    check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues...

1. Windows update (1809 version) is making my laptop unusable: mouse issues, devices issues... - Similar Threads - update 1809 version

2. Mouse flickering and making laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse flickering and making laptop unusable: My cursor is constantly flickering. When it flickers, the entire computer starts lagging and becomes basically unusable. The windows key doesn't seem to work, it just makes the screen a little darker for a few seconds. The only temporary solution I have is to press the...
  3. Mouse flickering and making laptop unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse flickering and making laptop unusable: My cursor is constantly flickering. When it flickers, the entire computer starts lagging and becomes basically unusable. The windows key doesn't seem to work, it just makes the screen a little darker for a few seconds. The only temporary solution I have is to press the...
  4. Mouse flickering and making laptop unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Latest update makes keyboard and mouse unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest update makes keyboard and mouse unusable.: After the latest update to Windows, my keyboard and mouse do not work on the log-in screen and I have no access to my computer. The only thing that worked was a fresh reinstall, but it updated again and the same problem arose. What is causing this and how am I supposed to...
  6. Sporadic keyboard and mouse issues making laptop unusable at times. What's going on?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sporadic keyboard and mouse issues making laptop unusable at times. What's going on?: In 10 minute intervals, the following issues sporadically appeared and disappeared on my HP Envy 360 laptop, which runs Windows 10: - Caps lock would randomly turn on, although the light on the caps lock button would not and still doesn't turn on. - Keyboard commands...
  7. Having a Major issue that makes my PC unusable!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having a Major issue that makes my PC unusable!: I continually get the same error when trying to open certain programs. Usually it says: ___.exe - Bad image eg Origin.exe - Bad image Then underneath says: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  8. Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue: [ATTACH] Hi, I checked for updates today and saw this message. All good, I clicked "Download and install now", took a while to finish and I got a notification that I have to restart the PC for installation to complete, I did that and after a couple of restarts, I get this...
  9. Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809: Since the recent Windows update Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292), we are experiencing issues with the Resolution Settings for Multiple Displays. For our application it is crucial that the external monitor is running on a resolution in duplicate mode, which is not the...
  10. Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue: My folders and files are locked and I cannot use them. I decided to check the administrator account and followed the steps: Properties>Advanced > Administrators. I was terrified to find a lot of unknown entries with a long sequence of numbers and letters. I cannot delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1809 issues laptop lid mouse

2. Workspace app 1809 connection issues