Windows 10: Windows Update Alert

Discus and support Windows Update Alert in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Finally after a ridiculous amount of restarts, check for update on WU then restart, mission complete. KB4093112 shows both on Control Panel and on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bree, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Windows Update Alert

usikpa's solution in post #78, particularly the 'trustedinstaller start= auto' part seems to have been the key. I've not suffered your problems, but I've found other threads where that turned out to be the cure.

Well done, now you can relax - at least, until the Spring Creators Update *Smile

Bree, Apr 5, 2018

2. This morning on checking for update I received the following alert:
    <Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:>
    The only button available is to check for updates, and doing so result in to giving the same warning again.

?

OS 1709 Build 16299.192

:)

Pulcinella, Apr 14, 2018
  3. Andy1407 Win User
    Update Alerts and Computer Waking

I have disabled the windows update service on my windows 10 system but I still keep receiving alerts asking me to schedule updates, and alerts saying updates weren't installed.

All kinds of alerts relating to windows update also wake my computer up, which keeps waking me up in the middle of the night.

I want windows update disabled completely, so no update alerts either. How can i do this?

Andy1407, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Windows Update Alert

GreginMich, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
  6. @Bree
    Many thanks. I'll report the outcome.

Pulcinella, Apr 14, 2018
  7. The second fix did reset WU. But updates fail to install:

Note that the past few updates did install but gave same message:

I'll download that update manually and see if it does install that way.

Pulcinella, Apr 14, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Windows Update Alert

9. Manual install successful as per Control Panel. But receiving a similar failed message, saying it need a restart to complete.
    Done that with no avail. Same need a restart to complete showing up.
    KB4074588 kept giving the same messages. until excluded with wushowhide.
    As you can notice from control panel WU files those updates are there but no installing date showing.
    BTW Still showing OS build as per my first post.

Pulcinella, Apr 14, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    The Control Panel is the definitive source, if it says 'installed' then it is. Run Winver to check, KB4093112 puts the build up to 16299.371.

Reporting a failed install in Update History has been a known issue for cumulative updates for a while now...
    Cumulative Update KB4093112 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.371 - Apr. 10

The perpetual 'a restart is required' is another matter though. A few other have reported this problem. In this thread a cure was to uninstall the update then reinstall it.
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

11. @Bree
    Tried @usikpa #78 fix. It did help to get upgraded to OS build 16299.248 then 334
    Now KB4093112 is taking so many restarts to update. Windows keep restarting before all stages are completed. Started 19 of 19, one by one now down to 2 of 13.
    The funny thing is that now on WU settings KB4093112 check as installed, but not on Control Panel.
    Spent the best of Sunday working on it. Well it was a miserable day outside so I guess I should not complain.
    I may calling it a day, go to sleep and start all over tomorrow.
    I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks.

Pulcinella, Apr 14, 2018
  12. Finally after a ridiculous amount of restarts, check for update on WU then restart, mission complete.
    KB4093112 shows both on Control Panel and on Settings. OS build is now 16299.371.

Thanks again @Bree for the help and the link.
    Thanks @usikpa #78 that somehow got the ball rolling (Cumulative Update KB4093112 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.371 - Apr. 10.)

I'm not sure if I should mark the thread solved as it was a miss and hit for almost 24 hours. Too long to explain what I had to do.

Pulcinella, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Alert

1. Windows Update Alert - Similar Threads - Update Alert

2. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  3. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...: Is it possible to find out if a Security Update can be avoided under certain conditions?As an example, I need to perform a critical task which only involves followingreceive email with PowerPoint attachment from known trusted internal co-workeruse PowerPoint to view above...
  4. How to know if Security Update can be postponed ? false subsequent Windows alert misled my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Intel RST alert after W10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel RST alert after W10 update: I just intstalled KB5009543 this AM. No installation issues. When I restarted the computer and I started getting a notification reading as follows:Intel RST"Your system is reporting one or more warnings and data maybe at risk. Open the application for details"I did the...
  6. Intel RST alert after W10 update

Intel RST alert after W10 update: I just intstalled KB5009543 this AM. No installation issues. When I restarted the computer and I started getting a notification reading as follows:Intel RST"Your system is reporting one or more warnings and data maybe at risk. Open the application for details"I did the...
  7. Intel RST alert after W10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Win 11 application alert sounds go missing after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 application alert sounds go missing after updates: The alerts notification sounds come and go after various updates. Other sound functions work--just the alert tones. They disappear after an update and after another random update they return only to stop after another random update.Troubleshooter function does nothing. Other...
  9. Win 11 application alert sounds go missing after updates

Win 11 application alert sounds go missing after updates: The alerts notification sounds come and go after various updates. Other sound functions work--just the alert tones. They disappear after an update and after another random update they return only to stop after another random update.Troubleshooter function does nothing. Other...
  10. No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing...: No update is available for my system. But getting alert message "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-update-is-available-for-my-system-but-getting/90092117-8edf-4b7c-825f-032b87cac2c2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Update Alert

2. windows updatealert

3. alert for windows update