Windows 10: Windows Update and Internet Connection

Discus and support Windows Update and Internet Connection in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having a few separate issues, and I believe these problems are due to Windows 10 bugs - Hopefully someone can clarify and correct. First, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CFDoell, Jul 24, 2018.

1. CFDoell Win User

Windows Update and Internet Connection

I'm having a few separate issues, and I believe these problems are due to Windows 10 bugs - Hopefully someone can clarify and correct.

First, the WiFi on my laptop does not allow me to connect with open, unsecured hotspots. This issue does not appear to be related to my own laptop device or the modem, as the drivers appear to be without any issue. When I am at home, the laptop also refuses to acknowledge working internet connect through my network and modem, however, I am actually connected to the internet, and I can browse via Chrome. The ethernet connection also works.

This first problematic apparently connects with a Windows software underlying issue. Allow me to explain...

A second problem that I have is with updating or changing the login password to my laptop via Microsoft Windows. In the Settings, Accounts and Sign-in windows option, the computer will not allow me to change the account password; it tells me "Something went wrong". Upon my research, I discovered similar problems from other users and an explanation or solution to the problem may be that a windows update has failed to download or run on the machine itself. Therefore, I attempted to check for Windows updates on my laptop. Now, there's another problem: the laptop cannot check for updates because it does not recognize that an internet connection exists, whether WiFi nor ethernet (LAN) connected.

Please HELP.

All I want is to have this laptop working the way it's supposed to work - it worked just fine before Microsoft automatically updated it. I wish Microsoft would just leave this machine alone, rather than to keep messing it up over and over, snowballing one problem on top of another.

:)

CFDoell, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 24, 2018
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows Update and Internet Connection :)

Techtu, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update and Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Update Internet Connection

2. Windows 11 update internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update internet connection: Is it necessary for the laptop to be connected to internet after we click restart on the windows update ??that is after we have downloaded and installed the windows11 update and yet to restart...
  3. Windows 11 update internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update internet connection: Is it necessary for the laptop to be connected to internet after we click restart on the windows update ??that is after we have downloaded and installed the windows11 update and yet to restart...
  4. Windows Update Not Connecting to Internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Not Connecting to Internet: Whenever I try to update Windows/check for updates, I receive the following message:"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."Thing is, I am connected to the...
  5. Windows update with limited internet connection

Windows update with limited internet connection: I have windows 1909. I'd like to update to 20H2, but my internet plan only provides 2GB of data per day. I read somewhere that this update'll be approx. 3GB size. So I can't download this update in a single stretch. Is it ok if the update gets disrupted half way ? Or do I...
  6. Windows updated while no internet connection

Windows updated while no internet connection: How is it possible that windows updates when the internet connection has been disabled ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updated-while-no-internet-connection/197382c4-a88c-4ad8-8d84-d12f991153d7
  7. Updated to 20H2 no internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to 20H2 no internet connection: [IMG]Hey after updating 20H2 on some surface pro 4 i no have no interner connection, network adapter get 169 address. If roll back to 1909 works perfect. see acreen shots [IMG]...
  8. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  9. No Internet Connectivity after Update

No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  10. Windows update says no internet connection

Windows update says no internet connection: Hey guys. I have a problem with windows update saying I have no internet connection while using a PPPoe connection. But everything else on my pc that requires internet works. If i plug into my router it works instantly but its a pain having my computer plugged into the router...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 wont connect to the internet ethernet cable