Windows 10: windows update and system make my disk working hard

Discus and support windows update and system make my disk working hard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my disk going to 100% working and it's because windows update and system. how to reduce it? its make my pc can't working well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RyanNovrianza, Aug 7, 2018.

1. windows update and system make my disk working hard

my disk going to 100% working and it's because windows update and system. how to reduce it? its make my pc can't working well

:)

RyanNovrianza, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 7, 2018
  3. vivanco Win User
    hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Aug 7, 2018
  4. windows update and system make my disk working hard

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

windows update and system make my disk working hard

1. windows update and system make my disk working hard - Similar Threads - update system disk

2. Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.: List of things I cant do due to corrupted files.I can't Download AMD drivers. ERROR 1603. Possible Causes says Corrupted files.I can't Download any Windows Updates gives error 0x800703f1 after completing.I can't Download stuff from the Windows Store as it does nothing stuck...
  3. Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.: List of things I cant do due to corrupted files.I can't Download AMD drivers. ERROR 1603. Possible Causes says Corrupted files.I can't Download any Windows Updates gives error 0x800703f1 after completing.I can't Download stuff from the Windows Store as it does nothing stuck...
  4. Some of my system files are corrupted making it hard to update things.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Making the system disk case-sensitive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Making the system disk case-sensitive: Windows 10 allows you to set NTFS to case-sensitive on a per-folder basis using setCaseSensitiveInfo (powershell command). Question is: Is it safe to do this for the whole system disk? The reasoning is that although I don't care whether OS files are case-sensitive or not,...
  6. Changing Hard disk on System

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Hard disk on System: Hi. i want to change my Hard disk of laptop to SSD. Can my original windows 10 which is in Hard disk be transfered to SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-hard-disk-on-system/86730670-815e-41c9-9c0e-a588eee30727
  7. Hard disk not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk not working: My hard is not being detected by my pc since I have connect my original Xbox IDE hard disk to my pc. I have tried changing Sata cables but still it wont work and yes my Sata cable work on other drives. my pins are all Ok no broken. i also have not opened my hard disk. so...
  8. Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.: My hard disk is used approx. equally the same percent as any other app being currently used (either in background else foreground). This reduces the performance because for even transferring a file form one partition to another in same drive speed gets reduced to 50% what it...
  9. ReFS File System on Hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS File System on Hard disk: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard disk? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused....
  10. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...