Windows 10: Windows Update App no longer available?

Discus and support Windows Update App no longer available? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I no longer have a Windows update app to check for updates as I typically do. When I type in 'Windows Update' in the Search the web and Windows, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fakum, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Fakum Win User

Windows Update App no longer available?

I no longer have a Windows update app to check for updates as I typically do. When I type in 'Windows Update' in the Search the web and Windows, the App always popped up for me to select it to check updates. It is no longer there? Using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, desktop, fresh install I did about a month ago.

:)

Fakum, Oct 7, 2015
  2. DavidG467 Win User

Windows 10 Photo app no longer works

The Windows 10 Photo app no longer works on my PC and I have tried following a range of advice given but to no effect. It's been suggested that the simplest way is to uninstall Windows 10 and then reinstall it. Can someone please explain how best to do that
    and without losing any of my Files such as Word, Excel etc.? I've also been advised that I can't you use the simple uninstall software option but there is a Command line that can be used and that's the simplest way. How do I find that please if that is the
    way to do it.

Original title; Windows 10

DavidG467, Oct 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Photo app no longer works

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker (SFC) is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Perform System File Check (SFC),
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Press the Windows button + X
    on your keyboard, a mini dialogue box will appear.

2. Choose Command Prompt (Admin). You must run the command prompt in Administrator level.

3. On the command prompt type sfc /scannow
    and hit enter.

4. If everything went okay and no errors were found, restart your computer and see if the issue re-occurs.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 7, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Right, it is no longer there.

You now find that functionality in the Settings app > Update and Security > Windows Update. *Smile

Joergi, Oct 7, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 7, 2015
  6. Fakum Win User
    Joergi ; I cant tell you how many hours I have into trying to Google this problem along with the number of times I reformatted and restored my hard drive to a recent image. I really put the effort in, especially on Google,, this was my last hope,, I really though I had a corrupt install! You Sir, I salute!!!!! You made my day, sure enough, that is where it is now,,, many thanks Joergi ,

To you as well Brink, thank you for the welcome sir.

Fakum, Oct 8, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Oct 8, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

That goes down like oil. *092

Joergi, Oct 8, 2015
  9. See, I'm sorry but if that had been me, and I had put all of that effort in, only to find out what Brink told you, I'd be having a Coronary right now. But that's just me. I am glad you're happy.

Jody Thornton, Oct 9, 2015
  10. Fakum Win User
    I can certainly understand your point, but I found it to be more of a relief,,,,,I was having the coronary DURING the hair pulling,,, LOL,,, on to the next problem,,,,, see ya there

Fakum, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Update App no longer available? - Similar Threads - Update App longer

2. Fitbit app no longer available to download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fitbit app no longer available to download?: My phone is broken so temporarily I have to use my PC for everything, however I can't seem to download the fitbit app. The button doesn't appear at all, yet I was able to download the other apps I use with no problem. I have all the system requirements for the app to run....
  3. Fitbit app no longer available to download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fitbit app no longer available to download?: My phone is broken so temporarily I have to use my PC for everything, however I can't seem to download the fitbit app. The button doesn't appear at all, yet I was able to download the other apps I use with no problem. I have all the system requirements for the app to run....
  4. Fitbit app no longer available to download?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. PIN no longer available following update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer available following update: I updated Windows 10 today. At the same time my bios updated on my HP laptop. I have been unable to login since as the PIN option is no longer available. I don't think I set up a password when I bought the laptop, only a PIN. I've tried to get in using safe mode but it still...
  6. PIN no longer available following update

PIN no longer available following update: I updated Windows 10 today. At the same time my bios updated on my HP laptop. I have been unable to login since as the PIN option is no longer available. I don't think I set up a password when I bought the laptop, only a PIN. I've tried to get in using safe mode but it still...
  7. PIN no longer available following update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. This in-app purchase is no longer available in Microsoft Jigsaw.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This in-app purchase is no longer available in Microsoft Jigsaw.: I keep getting this message: "This in-app purchase is no longer available in Microsoft Jigsaw." followed by a bunch of coding in brackets, when I try to play the game. I've done a reset, uninstall and re-install, but I still can't play the game. I tried it on another...
  9. Why are updates no longer available?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are updates no longer available?: Once upon a time, I used to get updates. (Up until approx. 2 years ago) Nothing works, and now I'm stuck with 1607, and my system will soon be obsolete. Updates are supposed to be seamless. I can't even go back to my previous windows system. Why does Microsoft do this? :...
  10. "This app is no longer available" message every bootup

"This app is no longer available" message every bootup: Hi, I had a windows 10 auto update the other day and since then the following message popsup in message centre everytime I bootup; This app is no longer available Intel ® widi is no longer available because it doesn't work on this version of windows My...