Windows 10: Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard

Discus and support Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284822) windows update is causing Windows MS Word 2016 Clipboard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlateQuest, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard

The 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4284822) windows update is causing Windows MS Word 2016 Clipboard to not work properly. I installed the update and experienced the issue. I uninstalled the update and the issue did not occur with clipboard. I have ensured I'm running the latest version of MS Word 2016. I'm hoping you'll pass this along to the appropriate people

:)

AlateQuest, Jul 9, 2018

2. clipboard

Both, Clipboard on MS word, and clipboard app.... It would be useful to users like us if you explain what clip board is? How it uses system resourses, location of clipboard app in the system

SuhrudPatel, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Another Windows 10 update causes trouble, this time with Word 2016

Another Windows 10 update causes trouble, this time with Word 2016

By Darren Allan,

It's a minor issue, but an annoying one for some

Microsoft hasn't had much luck when it comes to tweaking its various bits of software of late, and the Redmond truck has suffered another update fender-bender, this time affecting Microsoft Word 2016 users running Windows 10.

The problem has been caused by a Windows 10 update unleashed late last week, namely Cumulative Update KB3124200, which Microsoft noted made some tweaks and offered "improved functionality" for the OS (yes, a typically vague patch description).

Except it didn't improve Microsoft Word's functionality, and as The Register reports, it caused Word's Normal.dotm template to be renamed, then recreated and reset to its default settings (losing the user any customisation and macros saved in the template).

Not normal

As 'Rob L', Group Engineering Microsoft Word, posted on the Answers.microsoft.com thread regarding this issue, what's happening is that the existing Normal.dotm is being renamed to Normal.dotm.old during startup.

So the good news is that this is simple to cure, as all the settings are still saved in this file, which is easy enough to recover from the Templates directory. If you're affected by this problem, check out the full instructions on the link posted below

Redmond suffered a substantial number of complaints over missteps with the major November update for Windows 10, plus it has also recently been under fire over issues with its new Surface devices, and a raft of firmware updates which have been pushed out shortly after launch – with some arguing that the company simply isn't testing this stuff enough before it is loosed on the user base.

Source

Another Windows 10 update causes trouble, this time with Word 2016 | TechRadar

hTconeM9user, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard

USB-mouse right click is not working in MS-Word 2016

Hi Jesus,

As you are facing issues with accessing the right click option on the MS programs, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does the same issue persists on Webpages as well?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of accessing the mouse for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard

1. Windows update causing issue with MS Word 2016 Clipboard - Similar Threads - update causing issue

2. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  3. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  4. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. MS Updates causing issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Updates causing issues.: MS Office and Connection via Wifi to MFC printer-scanner from my 4 yo Acer laptop were 'disabled/disconnected/disfunctioned' after the last 2 Windows 10 updates. Twice, I had to Recover from an earlier Recovery Point.Is there anything I should do to not wasting my time and at...
  6. MS Updates causing issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Updates causing issues.: MS Office and Connection via Wifi to MFC printer-scanner from my 4 yo Acer laptop were 'disabled/disconnected/disfunctioned' after the last 2 Windows 10 updates. Twice, I had to Recover from an earlier Recovery Point.Is there anything I should do to not wasting my time and at...
  7. MS Updates causing issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. MS Word issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word issue: My documents used to open and be flagged at the last position in the document making it easy to return to the place I was working on last. Now it defaults to the start of the document every time. I often have to search for where I need to start from or ctrl-end to get to...
  9. MS Word issue after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word issue after updates: Since the MS updates I have had nothing but problems with MS Word opening upon start-up, extremely slow copy/past if at all Can someone just give me some bullet points for ease of access to rectify this. This should not be happening. Thanks...
  10. dictation in MS Word 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dictation in MS Word 2016: MS Word does not activate mic when I click on mic icon. mic does work thru Cortana but not through Word icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-in-ms-word-2016/5aafd46b-65b9-4cde-9268-03bcbd2abb87

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word 2016 clipboard not working

2. ms word clipboard not updating

3. clipboard resolution issues word 2016

4. clipboard issues microsoft 2016