Windows Update Cleanup taking ages

Discus and support Windows Update Cleanup taking ages in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I clicked the button to include Windows Update Cleanup to recover a few Gb of HD space. It's been going for about 4hrs so far with seemingly little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Doc943, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:02 AM.

1. Doc943 Win User

I clicked the button to include Windows Update Cleanup to recover a few Gb of HD space. It's been going for about 4hrs so far with seemingly little signs of progress.

Could I cancel and forget about it or let the Cleanup run its course?

:)

2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

3. Nachappa C K Win User
    Sleep takes ages to awake

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation . Let me help you in resolving the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:03 AM
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Thema:

1. Windows Update Cleanup taking ages - Similar Threads - Update Cleanup taking

2. windows 10 live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 live mail: since windows 10 updates "send link" greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-live-mail/e4b9576a-0bff-40d1-98cd-d50bd5191611
  3. Update Errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Errors: The new 1803 update keeps downloading but never installs. Media creation tool encounters an error every time I try to get a manual setup file. I can't keep spending so much on data for an update that I didn't ask for and can't do anything about and even worse windows update...
  4. If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...

If I decide to choose Reset my PC option that saves my files and reinstalls Windows 10,...: The edition I'm using is Windows 10 Pro, and under the Activation, it says: Windows is activated using your organization's activation service. I would like to choose Reset my PC from the Recovery option, keep my files and reinstall Windows, but will I have to enter the...
  5. activte my windows and prodcut key

in Windows 10 Customization
    activte my windows and prodcut key: activte my windows and prodcut key activte my windows and prodcut key activte my windows and prodcut key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/activte-my-windows-and-prodcut-key/b15faf13-12ff-4005-b31f-d8ddbc409087
  6. Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10

Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10: My Google Chrome was working fine yesterday, but I haven't been able to get it to load any webpages today. Meanwhile, my internet explorer has been working fine. I am not using a proxy server, so that box was already unchecked. I didn't want to make too many changes on the...
  7. Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Update and restart --> BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Update suggests and frequently forces an Update and Restart. This seems to work but the next time at boot time: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. Windows attempts and fails at a repair and that reboots successfully in current OS version. After this the start menu still has the...
  8. Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is Slow After Starting Windows(Booting): I use a Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop with i7 Processor and 8GB RAM. When I bought the laptop, it was normal after boot. Then after time passed by, my performance of my laptop started degrading (i.e) The computer was damn slow for nearly a minute after boot and returns to normal...
  9. How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set Custom Paper as Default Paper SIze in windows 10: I have POS printer installed in my system. I defined a Custom Receipt Paper size in Printer server properties, which is not listing in my printers paper size and the same i need to set it as my default paper...
  10. Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10

Imorting Live Mail contacts in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10: As Live Mail Windows 7 and Mail Windows 10 are Microsoft products, How do I import my contacts from Live Mail in Windows 7 to Mail in Windows 10? If it is not possible why not - they are /Microsoft products?...