Windows 10: Windows update complaints

Discus and support Windows update complaints in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Let me share my experience about Windows 10. I'm playing an intense game of rocket league, 30 seconds left, tie game. If I win, I get to achieve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TadKaput, Jul 15, 2018.

1. TadKaput Win User

Windows update complaints

Let me share my experience about Windows 10.

I'm playing an intense game of rocket league, 30 seconds left, tie game. If I win, I get to achieve the platinum tier. I'm so excited!!! Then suddenly out of nowhere, my screen flickers, minimizes, and a message appears: "Windows would like to install an update: Install Now, schedule, remind me later" What just happened? My game! NOOOO! What do I pick? I have no idea what to pick! I need to finish my game and get platinum league! Schedule? No that would be terrible. ok remind me later. Wait, where did my game go? I have a dozen icons lined up across the bottom, I think it's towards the front... yea there it is. *Click on Rocket League* …. aaaaaand my partner is cussing me out for going dark for 15 seconds, while the other team scores and my hopes of platinum league are dashed and my partner reports me for unsportsmanlike conduct, and unfriends me.

Thanks, Microsoft. I love you too.

Out of bitterness, I REFUSE to click anything, and the same popup interrupts my game the VERY next day! But this time, I'm quicker at clicking "remind me later" and I'm back in the game in only 7 seconds. Of course we still lose because of Microsoft's insistence on windows updates, but this time around I don't have my partner to play with because he hates me. And now the random people I play with think I'm unsportsmanlike. So it reminds me, WHY do I like Microsoft? If they had ANY concern for gamers, they would respond to the thousands of other players that are certain to complain. I'm guessing that I'm nothing to them, and they can't really care at all about their customers. But then there's nothing I can do about it but be bitter and hope Microsoft goes bankrupt.

Ok Microsoft, you win. So Now I'm sick of this frustration and I finally click "install updates and restart". You ruined my game, got me unfriended, and dashed my platinum league hopes. What more can you do to me that you haven't done already? And a little voice in the back of my head whispers, "OH IT CAN GET WORSE, you know!" but I ignore it.

Of course it turns out that the small voice was right. ALL MY SETTINGS are reset back to factory defaults. My speakers are all jacked up because they're suddenly in Surround Sound mode, and I have NO idea where, 3 years ago, I changed that setting to stereo. I mean, I threw away that instruction manual like 2 years ago! Do I really have to go out and buy surround sound speakers to fix my computer now? 10 minutes later, I finally find the setting in the bowels of the creative labs custom driver.

Coming from the pit of my spleen, I feel the urge to puke all over my computer. After choking it down, I say to myself, "Hey! I'm dumb. Why don't I just turn of this 'helpful' feature?" I'm guessing they just want to protect people from being hacked and viruses and stuff, which wont happen to me because I have an active scanning firewall, don't visit bad websites, and only really use my computer for work and computer games. Hmm... let me google "turn off windows updates". This will only take a second...

Then the truth reveals itself like the sea receding before a tsunami. You can't turn them off. Why? because Microsoft would rather "protect" me from potential viruses and hacks instead of providing an actual positive user experience. Instead of letting ME own MY own choices about when to install updates, Microsoft thinks they know better. Seriously. I mean, my license plate is a walking advertisement for .NET CORE. Despite giving the last 16 years of my life to Microsoft as a Microsoft programmer, a fully certified MCSE (back in the day), and having dedicated my entire career to helping them succeed, I can't make one single simple decision for myself without hacking the registry. Because Microsoft knows what's best for me.

Way to go, Microsoft. You've got my support. Well done.

Sincerely,

Tad Kaput

:)

TadKaput, Jul 15, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update complaints :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 15, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Windows update complaints

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows update complaints

1. Windows update complaints - Similar Threads - update complaints

2. Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong: My computer just auto-updated and now my Mahjong has not only large ad bar on the right AND ads on the bottom, but also full page ads that I have to sit and wait to complete before I can continue playing AND the more you play, the long the full page ads run. This is BS....
  3. Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complaint re current updated version of Mahjong: My computer just auto-updated and now my Mahjong has not only large ad bar on the right AND ads on the bottom, but also full page ads that I have to sit and wait to complete before I can continue playing AND the more you play, the long the full page ads run. This is BS....
  4. h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...: Beause of mircofte updating without my persmssion I was unable to get into zoom and lost money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/h-ow-do-you-file-an-offical-complaint-against/75a57629-8267-494e-bcd5-a2f54baa1db5
  5. h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...: Beause of mircofte updating without my persmssion I was unable to get into zoom and lost money https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/h-ow-do-you-file-an-offical-complaint-against/75a57629-8267-494e-bcd5-a2f54baa1db5
  6. h ow do you file an offical complaint against microsoft. They updated my computer without...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. 15 pages of complaints from the latest cumulative update and not one response from MS. Why?

15 pages of complaints from the latest cumulative update and not one response from MS. Why?: MS really doesn't care if they break your PC. To bad so sad if they wreck it with a so-called "update". Just as long as they can shove their terrible browser in your face along with countless other worthless items designed to sell you more MS junk and allow them to track even...
  8. update related complaint

update related complaint: when i was updating windows 10 the power suddenly turned off when the power came back the pc was showing undoing updates, after that i cannot access the action center and wifi connections. please tell me a solution for this...
  9. Windows 10 update complaints

Windows 10 update complaints: So an essential Windows update automatically installed & totally destroyed my awesome little laptop over 8 weeks ago now. Spent weeks talking to 5 or 6 MS support workers who basically gave me linksdescribing 10 fool proof methods to fixing this problem - Not one of which...
  10. where do I file a official complaint against microsoft forced updates?

where do I file a official complaint against microsoft forced updates?: This last update I have had it. it nearly cost me my computer when the update took 6 fracking hours to install. And it refused to let my laptop go to power save sleep mode when the lid closed. I am homeless and rely on my laptop to stay connected with the world for...