Windows 10: Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing

Discus and support Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Means I have to restore and this caused me two weekends of lost work!!!!!! MICROSOFT NEED TO FIX THIS AND STOP CONSTANTLY UPGRADING BAD PIECE OF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveGiergiel, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing

Means I have to restore and this caused me two weekends of lost work!!!!!!

MICROSOFT NEED TO FIX THIS AND STOP CONSTANTLY UPGRADING BAD PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT DISRUPTS USE OF COMPUTER !!!!!!!!

:)

SteveGiergiel, Jul 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jul 7, 2018
  4. GVT11 Win User

Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing

Screen freezes constantly after latest update

My screen freezes constantly after latest update - Nov 17. Even freezes during repair or system restore. Suggestions other than paying Geek Squad $150?!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Original title/subject: Windows 10 update

GVT11, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing

1. Windows Update Constantly freezes and prevents machine boot completing - Similar Threads - Update Constantly freezes

2. Constant locking up/freezing, occasional crashes, some which prevent from booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant locking up/freezing, occasional crashes, some which prevent from booting up: For the past year and half, I started to get instances where my laptop would lock up for about a minute when clicking anywhere. Some of these sessions would crash the computer and make it very difficult to boot into Windows i.e. getting a boot device not found error, and...
  3. Constant locking up/freezing, occasional crashes, some which prevent from booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant locking up/freezing, occasional crashes, some which prevent from booting up: For the past year and half, I started to get instances where my laptop would lock up for about a minute when clicking anywhere. Some of these sessions would crash the computer and make it very difficult to boot into Windows i.e. getting a boot device not found error, and...
  4. Is there a way to prevent updates completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent updates completely?: Hello,I am working in a research lab where two of our computers are connected to instruments that require a specific version of Windows to run smoothly. Anytime there is a windows update, I consistently have to revert back, otherwise I cannot connect to the research...
  5. Is there a way to prevent updates completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to prevent updates completely?: Hello,I am working in a research lab where two of our computers are connected to instruments that require a specific version of Windows to run smoothly. Anytime there is a windows update, I consistently have to revert back, otherwise I cannot connect to the research...
  6. Windows Constant Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Constant Freezing: I recently purchased a brand new HP Pavilion with Windows 10. It came in the mail yesterday and has been a little slower than I was expecting from the beginning. There was some serious lag when alternating between tabs on Google Chrome and performing pretty much any other...
  7. Machine Constantly Failing

Machine Constantly Failing: Hello, I have been getting constant BSOD over the last 4 weeks since the update. So much so that I can no longer use my desktop. I've tried a variety of the troubleshooting. Here are 4 different dump files Number 1 Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1...
  8. boot times and constant computer freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    boot times and constant computer freeze: i bought a new dell laptop 2 weeks ago .i Its a dell laptop 4 gigs of ram.The cpu is an Intel i-7 and 320 hard drive. problem long boot time 3-4 minutes sometimes longer. the only programs i run is u torrent , Firefox, opera and bs player. The programs usually freeze for 2-3...
  9. All web browsers completely freeze machine

All web browsers completely freeze machine: Hello, 15” dell gaming laptop, AMD A10 gen7, 16 gb ram. For the past month all web browsers, whether it be Chrome, Edge, Firefox completely freeze my machine. Have to do a hard shut down. I can run SolidWorks and Mastercam all day no problems(intensive programs). Within 2...
  10. Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel

Computer will constantly freeze at second windows boot wheel: I'm beyond frustrated and I've run out of patience and ideas on how to fix this I apologize in advance for the long wall of text you're about to read but I'm at my wits end and I'm all out of ideas on how to fix this issue as I've tried literally every fix available both on...