Windows 10: Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

Discus and support Windows Update Default Settings Question?. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by saltyseadog, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen mentioned below Iset them all to off without writing down the default settings. Wondered if someone could kindly give me the default settings for the Upload/Download Settings in
    Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update>Advanced Options>Delivery Optimization>Advanced Screen?.

:)

saltyseadog, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Aug 11, 2018
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows Update Default Settings Question?. ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

1. Windows Update Default Settings Question?. - Similar Threads - Update Default Settings

2. Default Windows Image Viewer Question.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Windows Image Viewer Question.: When I double click on an image via whatever application is the default and I have 100's of images in a folder, is there a quick way to find the image? Like I press 1 button and it links me to the file in the folder or something like that?...
  3. update question/settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update question/settings: When I go to my updates setting in Windows there is something that says" your version of Windows will stop receiving quality updates soon. You can stay in support by updating to a newer version of windows 10 and then there is more. I do not want and will not put the...
  4. Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?: I messed up with some settings on my windows 10 pc but I can't remember which ones and I would like to know if it is possible to revert back ALL my settings to default but without deleting any files or programs thank you! submitted by /u/Bloodydamage [link] [comments]...
  5. Sound settings - default communication device question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings - default communication device question: I have multiple audio devices connected to my computer - integrated sound card, HDMI monitors, a USB music recording interface, and USB gaming headset. I have monitoring speakers connected to the music interface Steinberg CI2 and use that as my default audio device, while I...
  6. Question A Windows Update Setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question A Windows Update Setting: Good morning. First, I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home, Version 2004. My Windows Updates for October is currently "Paused" for a few more days. This morning when I went to the site there was a new box notice asking if I would like to "adjust my active hours to...
  7. Just a quick question about default settings

Just a quick question about default settings: [ATTACH] Hi, I recently changed my settings in power and sleep for my laptop, and I was trying to change it back, is this the default settings? If someone could check and tell me, that would be very very much appreciated <3 (to get there, you go to settings, system, and...
  8. Users\Default (Question)

Users\Default (Question): Hello Can I delete folder C:\Users\Default? It's about 2.5 MB When I press start and write Documents I go to Documents in Default not in my folder... submitted by /u/Adewi0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkqul0/usersdefault_question/
  9. Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Default Settings Question?.: Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen mentioned below Iset them all to off without writing down the default settings. Wondered if someone could kindly give me the...
  10. Windows Update Settings Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Settings Question: I'm using Windows 1803 17134.112. These are my windows update settings: [img] I have recently checked for updates: [img] When I run a check for updates, why doesn't the check find KB4284848 (the recent cumulative update for 1803)? 113502